Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Well, changing the subject, in 'The Gifted': do either of you guys think John Proudstar has the Cyclops's personality?
    IMO he's a lot like Scott. And that's how our fearless leader should be in the movies.
    I don't watch the show and in the ONE video I saw of him (the scene where he saves people from a pipe bomb) he seemed a bit too angry for it. But then again, the insulting him and mutantkind was a jackass soooo....

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I think Scott was building up to a very similar point as Doom had been in his youth, but obviously, I'm biased against Scott in this case. The Dark Phoenix situation puts him on a similar level, because I believe he would have caused mass mayhem if it hadn't been for the Avengers and X-Men stopping him. The Avengers attacked Scott's team because they were afraid that Scott was going to meddle with forces he couldn't handle, and even Hope seemed to feel the same since she left him. The overall consensus was that Scott couldn't be trusted with the situation, perhaps because of how emotionally close he is to the Phoenix. I'm not sure even I believe that, but that ended up being what was printed so there must have been some justification for the Avengers and Hope's actions.
    I think that comes down to how you view Scott's nature in the 2000's; I don't think he was on the path to becoming a villain, at least not the way Marvel was doing it. AvX certainly wanted the reader to look at Scott as the villain after he's Phoenix.

I still think Scott greatly overreacted in CC. Wanda was telling him she could fix things but his only response was to "burn the witch where she stands." If he really wanted to fix the situation, he could have asked the White Queen to use her powers to verify this. It's not like it was just Wanda's mind she could have checked, she had a whole crowd of people with her too who were also vouching for her. He was acting a petulant child at that moment who wanted revenge more than he wanted to fix the whole incident he wanted revenge for. I don't remember now what justification Wanda used to go to Doom over Strange, but likely as you said, it was because she knew Strange wouldn't help her so she needed a more morally ambiguous ally. I still find her sympathetic and can't blame her entirely for this because she was a grieving mother who had lost her 2 children in the most unimaginable way possible. Any normal parent, if they had lost their children, would probably have done the same thing if they could bring them back, but Wanda's situation was even more justified imo, since she had to live with the fact that her children had never even existed and everything she knew of them was a lie. Of course that turned out to be untrue, and frankly for all the people saying that AvX was bad writing, Avengers Disassembled was even worse. Scott's character may have been ruined but Wanda's was too and she was absent a decade because of it.
    I'm willing to admit that Scott likely reacted strongly, but I maintain that Wanda's decisions shouldn't be so easily forgiven (which is not to say that they were). Understood? Sure, but not something that can be swept away so easily by the Avengers or even the writers. Whether or not we would have done the same doesn't change the fact that her actions were selfish and dangerous. Yes, Scott and Wanda have both suffered character assassination in the last few years, we can definitely agree there.

I saw the Avengers as heroes and was in fact shocked that most of the X-Men did not join their side initially.
    I love both teams, most of the time, and have favorites on both sides, but I definitely read the X-Men as the heroes.
    Last edited by Hizashi; 12-03-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Matt Murdock meets Scott Summers.

That's a problem I have with the comics genre as a whole. For example:
    images (3).jpeg
    Can you tell whether this is Cycke or Daredevil?

Matt Murdock meets Scott Summers.

Why is Scott looking over his glasses? Without beams coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Why is Scott looking over his glasses? Without beams coming out?
    Visual clue to set them apart from each other. Though I do agree that it would make more sense if it was Matt's eyes that were visible.

Quote Originally Posted by WalterO5james View Post
    Visual clue to set them apart from each other. Though I do agree that it would make more sense if it was Matt's eyes that were visible.
    I would have thought the X on his shoulder would have been enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Possession/replacement with duplicate = no fault. Not applicable for Scott Summers, nor for Jean Grey concerning Shiar.
    Sometimes it's not about redeeming yourself... just finding ways to heal rifts.

I haven't had any luck finding my older sketches of Cyke (among others), so I'll make new ones. I'll share some as soon as I can.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WalterO5james View Post
    That's a problem I have with the comics genre as a whole. For example:
    images (3).jpeg
    Can you tell whether this is Cycke or Daredevil?
    Daredevil, Cyke shades are red and his hair is darker

Edit: Just did a google reverse search... damn
    Last edited by wano; 12-03-2017 at 09:05 PM.

I remember Jeen's conversation with Cyke a few years back. It was kinda nice in a Bendis sort of way. I wonder how the reverse will compare. Any thoughts on how that will go or if it will even happen?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post

Internet Explorer doesn't do reverse image searches and not everyone uses Google Chrome -- that aside a Google reverse image search says it's Scott Summers... Go figure!

http://www.writeups.org/cyclops-x-me...-comics-early/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I remember Jeen's conversation with Cyke a few years back. It was kinda nice in a Bendis sort of way. I wonder how the reverse will compare. Any thoughts on how that will go or if it will even happen?
    Yeah I remember reading that one, how was the reaction here tough? I remember liking it because despite being version from different points in time they had a lot of chemistry, it reminded that Cyclops cared and still cares a lot about Jean and Cyclops knew were to leave, despite being written by bendis it was pretty awesome, now however writes the reverse it's gonna... nah it's not gonna top it, never, and if it does... yeah cam't think of any cases it couls top Cyke Jeen talk in ANXM

IIRC Scott's shades under Kirby started out looking normal. The red color doesn't happen until later.

Now there's a question for the CBR comic slueths: When did Cyke's shades first become red?

Well, changing the subject, in 'The Gifted': do either of you guys think John Proudstar has the Cyclops's personality?
    IMO he's a lot like Scott. And that's how our fearless leader should be in the movies.
    It's the same archetype. Cyclops, Captain America(MCU one is absolutely brilliant at this), Superman, Jon Snow, Aragorn, etc. all fill the same role with slight tweaks. Pretty sure this character archetype has a name, but I don't remember.

Yeah I remember reading that one, how was the reaction here tough? I remember liking it because despite being version from different points in time they had a lot of chemistry, it reminded that Cyclops cared and still cares a lot about Jean and Cyclops knew were to leave, despite being written by bendis it was pretty awesome, now however writes the reverse it's gonna... nah it's not gonna top it, never, and if it does... yeah cam't think of any cases it couls top Cyke Jeen talk in ANXM
    I wasn't around here when this was published so I couldn't say what the general reaction was.

I think the difference is the themes. Tyke was never waiting for Jeen to become more than she was, which was a major theme of Jeen's POV during her discussion with Cyke. All Tyke's been waiting for is Jeen to accept her feelings for him which he knows exist much sooner than his adult counterpart did. Also I think he's trying to accept that he's not the vile man the X-Men suspect he will become. Maybe Jean will be able to assure Tyke in that regard. No matter how different their pasts may have been I think Jean knows very clearly how she felt about her Scott at that age. That at least she could speak to with authority. That is, if she decides she wants to. Maybe she'll decide that it is really better for them never to have gotten together. Regardless I think this conversation, when it happens, will say a lot about how Marvel views Jott nowadays.

If I were to guess, I suspect they will go with a more gentle middle ground like Bendis did, highlighting both the good and bad. The only difference is that Tyke\Jeen are flirting with a relationship much more actively now then they were in ANXM so Jean may offer more pointed advice than Cyke did in the same situation. Either way this should also shed a lot of light on how Jean views Cyke in general now, which honestly we really have no idea about.