Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Wasn't it confirmed though that Storm only stayed because she felt Scott needed her most at that point, especially considering his other company? I thought she said it out loud anyway, at least to Logan if not Scott himself. I agree, that it's a dark day in X-History when Scott is less stable than Logan. Unfortunately it had been that way for a few years by then.

Well, it looks like Disney is closer to obtaining Fox than ever before, so I'm hoping a fresh reboot of the X-Movies could lead to something similar for the comics. If we get a new Scott, we could get the old one back in the comics.

Lol, I didn't see you as someone clamoring for the return of Rightclops. Unless you mean Scott in general.
    It could have just been Storms way of not taking sides between her old friends who are fighting over some pretty thin arguments. But yes probably Scott could use the oversight a little more at that point.

I'm in favor of getting the best Scott we can in whatever form that takes. I think you have an idea by now of what that means for me. My favorite Scott will always be late 80's- mid 90's Scott actually but I know the character can't really go back to that.

Is this sarcasm lol? I thought it was pretty hopefuly all things considering.
    Yes! I'm as excitable as a four year old on Christmas morning when Marvel teases about stuff that matters to me and as far as I'm concerned everyone else should be just as stupid and over the top reactive as I am!

Wasn't it confirmed though that Storm only stayed because she felt Scott needed her most at that point, especially considering his other company? I thought she said it out loud anyway, at least to Logan if not Scott himself. I agree, that it's a dark day in X-History when Scott is less stable than Logan. Unfortunately it had been that way for a few years by then.
    I'd ask BBeeryan or maybe someone else on the Storm thread to be sure, but I swear I saw a panel where Scott is pleading with Storm to stay by his side, and Storm saying something along the lines of "You don't actually need me here" or "You just need my power" or something. Scott wanted her on his team, but Storm might have felt she could be more useful elsewhere; I could be wrong of course, it's possible she did say something like that to Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I think if I was meant to side with the Avengers, AvX didn't do a good enough job.
    Honestly for me, after you take away all the arguments and perspectives I think this sums things up pretty well. It wasn't open and shut that the Avengers were totally right and the X-men (or P5) were totally wrong. If that's what they were going for they failed.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Who would you like to be 'The Wedding of the Century'?

I would say I have some choices.

- Scott and Emma (my favorite)

- Gambit and Rogue

- Kitty and Piotr

- redhead character and Logan

- Peter Parker and Mary Jane

- Xavier and Mystique (just kidding)
    Scott and Jean... It just might be the wedding of the next century.

Astonishing Member

- Gambit and Rogue

- Kitty and Piotr

I think it's obviously Kitty and Colossus, and I want that to happen because Colossus has some big unresolved plots.
    Colossus has a son he doesn't know in the Savage Land, and him getting married would surely force X-Men writers to introduce his son in the books, or at least touch the subject.

And Colossus also has a brother, Mikhail, who self deported to another dimension. Him getting married could bring him back into the books.

Bottom left is the last time the son of Colossus was shown on panel, over a decade ago

- Gambit and Rogue

- Kitty and Piotr

I wish we had gotten these. Scott and Emma obviously had in-story reasons (coughjeancough) that slowed this possibility for them, and I don't find the Renew Your Vows universe to be an actual solution to the Peter/MJ problem. I hate what they did to the X-Men in that series.

BANNED

I think if I was meant to side with the Avengers, AvX didn't do a good enough job.

I can't help but wonder if a generational gap plays a role in how Jott and Scemma are received. I don't know anyone's age on here exactly, but I think I've mentioned at least once that I am 23 years old, so I was only just able to read and buy a few trade paperbacks about the time that Morrison's run ended. I don't think I have quite as strong a connection to Jott as some other posters on here do, and I tend to be okay with any sort of "pairing" if it's written well enough.

I think I still really enjoy X2, The Wolverine, Logan, First-Class, and DoFP; but, hey, if Disney/Marvel gets the X-Men back, I would love a faithful adaptation of Scott, Jean, Bobby, etc. I've thrown it out there that I'd pick Karl Urban for the role, even though I know he was in Thor: Ragnarok as the Executioner.

Eh, I thought of him as more of an anti-hero than an outright villain, but obviously, your mileage may vary. I read that as Marvel pushing this Schism/villainous-Cyclops narrative, it was pretty blatant fore-shadowing.

Okay, I can understand this, but I think retcons must be handled extremely carefully; Cap-Hydra is a definite example of how not to do a retcon, and the fact that some, like me, didn't like the resolution to Wanda's retcon, shows that Marvel needs to take it more seriously if they want a genuine reset to the damage they do to their characters. That's how I see it right now, anyways.

As far as Cyclops is concerned, I don't want his actions in the last few years to be retconned. I feel like I would be getting robbed of an interesting story where Scott has to find a place in a world that doesn't necessarily need someone like him anymore, and I don't want everything to be "90's Nostalgia Trip!" with Scott reverting to his earlier characterization. He should move forward, not backwards.
    I suppose the opposite is true for me with me siding with the Avengers from the beginning.

I'm actually younger than you by three years, and was reading Morrison and Whedon's trade paperbacks alongside Fraction's run when it came out. So I was plenty familiar with Scemma and even didn't mind it as much as I do now back then. However, I've always been a bit of a romantic, so the classic couples appeal to me more. I also read The Dark Phoenix Saga, the 70s X-Men comics in Essential form, as well as the 60s O5 X-Men in Essentials as well, alongside X-Factor back issues when the team was the O5. Plus the movies, TV shows, video games, etc. all portrayed Jott.

I like the first two X-Men movies, The Wolverine, Logan, DOFP, and First Class as a non-X-Men movie. Apocalypse was something I had a lot of hype for until I saw the film, although I had already been let down after reading reviews on here. I'd like Chris Pine as Scott since it seems every major team has to be lead by a Chris in the MCU, and he's a big star who hasn't been in the franchise yet. I can't really see Karl Urban as resembling Scott though. I've actually seen people usually recommend him as Wolverine. I'm just glad that it looks like Disney will be getting their hands on the X-Men again soon enough.

I guess anti-hero would work as a good descriptor as well for me. I was never a big fan of anti-heroes myself though, or at least I never had the craze for them like there was back in the 90s and early 2000s.

Retcons in general never work very well, but I'd prefer a subpar retcon that washes away years of toxic history than being forced to maintain that history. That's just me though, so I don't mind the solution Wanda got, because while some fans may still not like her, Marvel basically cleared her of all blame and she rose up again for all intents and purposes. I wouldn't want him to revert entirely back to a character he was decades ago, but I'd much prefer that over a complete bastardization of the character that we already got. I think what Lobdell wrote of Scott, briefly after the Apocalypse incident, was a natural progression for the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Why were they justified in attacking him?
    Because he was Dark Phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Scott and Jean... It just might be the wedding of the next century.
    No, I'm sorry but, Scott wouldn't be stupid enough to make the same mistake twice. I hope not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    It could have just been Storms way of not taking sides between her old friends who are fighting over some pretty thin arguments. But yes probably Scott could use the oversight a little more at that point.

I'm in favor of getting the best Scott we can in whatever form that takes. I think you have an idea by now of what that means for me. My favorite Scott will always be late 80's- mid 90's Scott actually but I know the character can't really go back to that.

Yes! I'm as excitable as a four year old on Christmas morning when Marvel teases about stuff that matters to me and as far as I'm concerned everyone else should be just as stupid and over the top reactive as I am!
    Well, I think Marvel has shown that they'll go out of their to make their comics align with the movies so when Disney gets through with this deal, that ought to spell hope for Scott. Especially since Cap has proven to be so popular, so while I'm not saying that Scott should be an exact copy of him, because he never was, going back to a version that was similar to him would be a good bet imo. If Star-Lord and Iron Man could completely change in the comics (most especially Star-Lord) to suit the movies, then I'm sure Scott could go back to a version he once was.

Lol, I'm glad to hear that! I wasn't expecting such good news on the Scott front so that combined with the MCU news makes this golden.

BANNED

No, I'm sorry but, Scott wouldn't be stupid enough to make the same mistake twice. I hope not.
    Thrice you mean. He already got married to one of Jean's incarnations (Maddie) before, not to mention he proposed to Jean/Phoenix before that. And I'm not even talking about all the alternate realities or possible futures, plus the TV shows, movies, video games, etc.

I'm sure we'll get a wedding in time for their wedding in the new movies.

BANNED

I'd ask BBeeryan or maybe someone else on the Storm thread to be sure, but I swear I saw a panel where Scott is pleading with Storm to stay by his side, and Storm saying something along the lines of "You don't actually need me here" or "You just need my power" or something. Scott wanted her on his team, but Storm might have felt she could be more useful elsewhere; I could be wrong of course, it's possible she did say something like that to Logan.
    That also sounds familiar so I'll have to go check on the Storm thread as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think it's obviously Kitty and Colossus, and I want that to happen because Colossus has some big unresolved plots.
    Colossus has a son he doesn't know in the Savage Land, and him getting married would surely force X-Men writers to introduce his son in the books, or at least touch the subject.

And Colossus also has a brother, Mikhail, who self deported to another dimension. Him getting married could bring him back into the books.

Bottom left is the last time the son of Colossus was shown on panel, over a decade ago
    Does anyone even remember Colossus' son or more importantly, care about him?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I have said this before but i don't think cyclops is going to marry again.
    marvel is done with kids, marriage,etc. they arent going to do that for a third time with the same character (cyclops)

I'm actually younger than you by three years, and was reading Morrison and Whedon's trade paperbacks alongside Fraction's run when it came out. So I was plenty familiar with Scemma and even didn't mind it as much as I do now back then. However, I've always been a bit of a romantic, so the classic couples appeal to me more. I also read The Dark Phoenix Saga, the 70s X-Men comics in Essential form, as well as the 60s O5 X-Men in Essentials as well, alongside X-Factor back issues when the team was the O5. Plus the movies, TV shows, video games, etc. all portrayed Jott.
    My brothers and I got into the X-Men thanks to the 90's animated series, and I liked Scott from the beginning (they preferred Gambit, Wolverine, etc.). I read every X-book I could get my hands on, but I read them fast and only once or twice, so I'm going back and rereading it all. Maybe I'll have a newfound appreciation for Jott afterwards, but I certainly understand the romantic appeal of Jott, and if they had stayed together from day one, that would have been great for me too. I think about how great it would have been if they had been allowed to raise a child together properly, I recall the two of them wanting to.

I think the draw for me to this day about Scemma is this sort of mismatched quality they have, they're not exactly made for each other. In the hands of a good writer, they work for me.

I like the first two X-Men movies, The Wolverine, Logan, DOFP, and First Class as a non-X-Men movie. Apocalypse was something I had a lot of hype for until I saw the film, although I had already been let down after reading reviews on here. I'd like Chris Pine as Scott since it seems every major team has to be lead by a Chris in the MCU, and he's a big star who hasn't been in the franchise yet. I can't really see Karl Urban as resembling Scott though. I've actually seen people usually recommend him as Wolverine. I'm just glad that it looks like Disney will be getting their hands on the X-Men again soon enough.
    Chris Pine? Huh, I never really considered him. I like him well enough, he could pull it off, I think. Admittedly, Urban probably could play a good Logan.

I guess anti-hero would work as a good descriptor as well for me. I was never a big fan of anti-heroes myself though, or at least I never had the craze for them like there was back in the 90s and early 2000s.
    Fair enough. I think I prefer the Paragon/boy scout type of character, and while I understand Scott wasn't really that type of character anymore, I thought it was an interesting line to straddle. This idea of what a good man would do if pushed far enough, I guess.

Retcons in general never work very well, but I'd prefer a subpar retcon that washes away years of toxic history than being forced to maintain that history. That's just me though, so I don't mind the solution Wanda got, because while some fans may still not like her, Marvel basically cleared her of all blame and she rose up again for all intents and purposes. I wouldn't want him to revert entirely back to a character he was decades ago, but I'd much prefer that over a complete bastardization of the character that we already got. I think what Lobdell wrote of Scott, briefly after the Apocalypse incident, was a natural progression for the character.
    I could accept a soft reboot, where it's not acknowledged often but still looming in the back of their minds, as if he might "relapse" into that person he was during the Extinction crisis.