X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

My guess is that it is Apocalypse coming back as he was in that Generations Thor issue.

I can't imagine Marvel using "one of the most dangerous X-Men villains returns to wreak havoc" to describe Scott. It's over the top even for them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Guys just to know, how many female pilot characters did Claremont created apart from maddie?
    Because I just found on Wikipedia that Claremont mother was a pilot... Do you think? ... Its quite the stretch and mental gymnastics....
    Lt. Shea from his First Flight trilogy of novels.

I've long suspected that he based Madelyne Pryor in part on his mom.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Even when Scott discovers the truth about Corsair in Cockrum's run, Corsair has a pretty lazy attitude when it comes to being there for his son. He basically justifies all his actions and even states that since Scott and Alex did so well without him, they hardly need him anymore, so he can go back to space gallivanting around and playing space pirate.
    Lobdell had Scott confront Corsair about this in Uncanny X-Men #391.

There is a reason Reed/Sue and Scott/Jean have so many parallels.
    Not enough, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Lobdell had Scott confront Corsair about this in Uncanny X-Men #391.
    I just read that issue recently. I feel like that story was already done waaaaaaaay back in the Claremont days when Storm and Cyke save Corsair from those aliens that end up wrecking the mansion, so the Lobdell version just came across as completely whiny.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I can't imagine Marvel using "one of the most dangerous X-Men villains returns to wreak havoc" to describe Scott. It's over the top even for them.
    So was the Hitler thing and not delivering on it but what can ya do?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

For a while now I've been trying to get someone at Marvel to officially comment on the time of Scott's death versus Jean's resurrection. Just doing the back of the napkin math now but with DoX coming out in March and JG's solo coming out in May which Marvel clearly planned as a gateway to Jean's resurrection since it's being discontinued at 11, I can only surmise that Marvel absolutely knew that Jean was coming back when they killed of Scott.

So... that begs the question. Why did Marvel feel like they couldn't have both alive at once? It's not they like they could control where the narrative went anyway. Any theories?
    Easy: they want to avoid Jott. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Alonso and/or Quesada made Scott's death a prerequisite for the X-office to bring Jean back.

Based on where they seem to be going, I once again suspect they're going to use the teen O5 and all the "time is broken" stuff to do a semi-reboot of the franchise. Tyke, Jeen, and the others go back, drastically altering the present status quo. Some things will be the same (e.g. Iceman will still be gay and out); others will be different (e.g. Scott and Jean may be both alive and together, but not married).

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

I do think that Corsair and Scott parallel Scott and Rachel in several ways. Scott knew the parentage, and I think that's implicit in a reading of the book, but he never states it outright.

Mighty Member

I thought Sinister was always more focused on the Grey line historically than the Summers line. Am I wrong?
    Yes. See the Further Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So was the Hitler thing and not delivering on it but what can ya do?
    ^ this, I still got hope for him that they will bring him back especially with what is said that jean is searching for heroes to help fight the evil

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by comradepitrovsky View Post
    I do think that Corsair and Scott parallel Scott and Rachel in several ways. Scott knew the parentage, and I think that's implicit in a reading of the book, but he never states it outright.
    Canonically, Scott didn't know who Rachel was until Days of Future Present, specifically X-Factor Annual #5. He took the news better than Jean did.

Canonically, Scott didn't know who Rachel was until Days of Future Present, specifically X-Factor Annual #5. He took the news better than Jean did.
    Why won’t Marvel let Scott interact with his kids more often? He seems to take it pretty well when he meets or learns of a future/AU child of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Why won’t Marvel let Scott interact with his kids more often? He seems to take it pretty well when he meets or learns of a future/AU child of his.
    I know right, would like to see Cyke and his kids (as babies) take over the MU lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Why won’t Marvel let Scott interact with his kids more often?
    He'd actually interacted with Rachel a fair amount when they were both X-Men at the same time. He just didn't know that she was his (alt. future timeline) daughter.

The rest of the team knew, though, and didn't tell him because Rachel asked them not to. Which I always thought was kinda shitty.

Another way they could've launched X-Factor without resurrecting Jean was Rachel revealing to Scott who she was and then taking Jean's place on the team.

BANNED

He'd actually interacted with Rachel a fair amount when they were both X-Men at the same time. He just didn't know that she was his (alt. future timeline) daughter.

The rest of the team knew, though, and didn't tell him because Rachel asked them not to. Which I always thought was kinda shitty.

Another way they could've launched X-Factor without resurrecting Jean was Rachel revealing to Scott who she was and then taking Jean's place on the team.
    We seriously need a Summers family trip book, in SPACE,