Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, Storm is one of the most attractive X-Ladies under normal circumstances, amp that up with being a vampire (which popular fiction has pretty much turned into an avatar of sexual allure) and she becomes several times hotter than the next hottest person.

Which makes me think of a couple of theories...

First, about Scott and what he wants - I think he wants that sense of connection to overcome his normal sense of isolation. It would explain his attraction to telepaths (not sure about their attraction to him) and how young Scott's two teases outside of Jean have both been based on a sense of mutual understanding over things that the people involved don't want to actually talk about. Laura understood his angst since she had it even harder than he did (if Scott's childhood is a sad song, Laura's could be the moar metal cover version), which even when things didn't go anywhere they seemed to be on a similar wavelength in the few interactions they had since. BloodStorm understands both having someone constantly in your head and seeing everything in shades of red.

Second, I'm noticing that unlike their older versions, the psychic bond seems to be causing rifts between them rather than bringing them closer together. Of course, with the originals they were both ready for it, and it put them on more equal footing psychically. The teen pair wasn't ready, and with Scott having much less knowledge of how telepathy works (and little time to learn) it has exacerbated the divide between them on the telepathic level. It's as if Scott was thrown into the deep end of the pool before getting his first swimming lesson - and he doesn't even know what questions to ask to learn more. And with Jean being the leader of the team plus doing solo stuff on the side (and Scott's side job with the Champions) there isn't any real time for him to get taught. It would be ironic if the very thing that made their adult selves closer than any other couple is what splits them apart in the end.
    Very solid observations. I think partly this is a commentary from Bunn on the drawbacks of total mental intimacy. Claremont emphasized the romantic element of the rapport, while Bunn seems to be focusing on the practical impacts of constantly having someone in your head. For me though this is more than just the rapport, it's also when\how it happened.

Originally Scott and Jean had been a couple for some time already and there trust level was high when Jean established their rapport. Tyke and Jeen are nowhere near the same level and furthermore, given how their adult counterparts marriage ends, Jeen has reasons to mistrustful of Tyke that her adult counterpart never did. Jeen may know that Tyke isn't the person that cheated on her but she also knows he has the capacity to become that person. It puts a very different spin on Jott than what Claremont developed in the 60's\70's\80's. DPS and later Jott was functionally a romantic fairy-tale, but this version is much more grounded in the practicalities of both what they know of their future and the fact that circumstances have changed so much. I think that does a lot to decrease the "fairy-tale" element from their relationship.

Frankly it's all very, very complicated now. I can honestly see why Tyke and Jeen might look at BloodStorm and Jimmy and think, maybe those options are a whole lot simpler. Also BloodStorm is hot. I still have hope these crazy kids can work it out but it will not be the same, or even very similar to what their adult counterparts had. I suppose in the end that's a good thing but it's a bit sad to see it deconstructed this way.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Don't know if anyone here saw this on Marvel.com, but there was a recent interview with Cullen Bunn on the events of Cross Time Capers. For now, X-men Blue and everything surrounding that series stands to have the most impact on Cyclops. At some point, his adult self will come back, but until then, his O5 self will certainly have an influence. Interestingly enough, Bunn had this to say about the O5's status in the timeline:
    Marvel.com: How does the team feel about the prospect of going back to their old lives?

Cullen Bunn: It’s not something any of them take lightly. Some of them—like Bobby—hate the idea of returning once and for all. But, as I mentioned, it’s more than just popping into the past and carrying on as if nothing ever happened; the X-Men are different now. They can’t simply go home. If time can continue unhindered, they must return just as they were when they left. Their physical changes must be undone. Their mental changes must be undone.

Imagine knowing that, in order for the world to go on spinning, you have to sacrifice everything that makes you who you are; for some of the X-Men, that price might be one they’re unwilling to pay.

I'm actually thinking this describes Tyke more than anyone at this point. He's seen the legacy of his adult self be destroyed along with his marriage and, ultimately his life. Jeen falls into this category as well I suppose but she had a very specific goal in mind, that of avoiding her own death. Now that she has died, maybe she'll realize that goal is unrealistic.

So how can Tyke both avoid destroying the past and alter it at the same time?

BANNED

He can marry Wanda Maximoff, if he's gonna destroy the past, present and future might as well do it with style

This just in: Tyke thinks Bloodstorm is hot. This pleases me.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Marvel.com: How does the team feel about the prospect of going back to their old lives?

Cullen Bunn: It’s not something any of them take lightly. Some of them—like Bobby—hate the idea of returning once and for all. But, as I mentioned, it’s more than just popping into the past and carrying on as if nothing ever happened; the X-Men are different now. They can’t simply go home. If time can continue unhindered, they must return just as they were when they left. Their physical changes must be undone. Their mental changes must be undone.

Imagine knowing that, in order for the world to go on spinning, you have to sacrifice everything that makes you who you are; for some of the X-Men, that price might be one they’re unwilling to pay.

I'm actually thinking this describes Tyke more than anyone at this point. He's seen the legacy of his adult self be destroyed along with his marriage and, ultimately his life. Jeen falls into this category as well I suppose but she had a very specific goal in mind, that of avoiding her own death. Now that she has died, maybe she'll realize that goal is unrealistic.

So how can Tyke both avoid destroying the past and alter it at the same time?
    I'm just hoping they head back soon. this deal with fox means that they'll want to push the x-men again. bring back the core and get rid of the posers

New theory - Tyke is the only one of the teen O5 to be left behind. He is adrift in a world where all the good things he thought might happen to him won't, and the possibility of all the bad things remains.

Jeen basically uses one of the evil duplicates to replace Tyke in the timestream as a final act of love (echoing both the DPS duplicate and the end of Morrison's run), but this time, Tyke can talk with a newly returned adult Jean (who remembers her time as Jeen due to Phoenix/being returned from the dead) and they can have some actual closure instead of leaving things hanging for 10-15 years. Cyclops officially takes over the reigns as the leader of the Blue team.

BANNED

I hope there's not going to be a retcon. Well, not like what happened to Tony Stark and Scarlet Witch.
    Please, please, don't.

I want the real Scott Summers back. The one who fought against the genocide of his people. The one who was right about Hope and the Phoenix Force, even when everyone else turned against him. The one who loved Jean, but he also loved Emma, and together with her, led the mutant-kind in NY, San Francisco and Canada.
    The one who tried to save Jamie Madrox, but was killed by a poison cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    New theory - Tyke is the only one of the teen O5 to be left behind. He is adrift in a world where all the good things he thought might happen to him won't, and the possibility of all the bad things remains.

Jeen basically uses one of the evil duplicates to replace Tyke in the timestream as a final act of love (echoing both the DPS duplicate and the end of Morrison's run), but this time, Tyke can talk with a newly returned adult Jean (who remembers her time as Jeen due to Phoenix/being returned from the dead) and they can have some actual closure instead of leaving things hanging for 10-15 years. Cyclops officially takes over the reigns as the leader of the Blue team.
    That sounds like she takes a duplicate, erases his whole identity, and let's him become present CYke. That's a whhhhhooollle lot of problems.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    That sounds like she takes a duplicate, erases his whole identity, and let's him become present CYke. That's a whhhhhooollle lot of problems.
    Agreed, I doubt Marvel's capability in telling this hypothetical story in a way that doesn't hurt Jeen or Tyke. I mean, I doubt their capability in general when it comes to the X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Very solid observations. I think partly this is a commentary from Bunn on the drawbacks of total mental intimacy. Claremont emphasized the romantic element of the rapport, while Bunn seems to be focusing on the practical impacts of constantly having someone in your head. For me though this is more than just the rapport, it's also when\how it happened.

Originally Scott and Jean had been a couple for some time already and there trust level was high when Jean established their rapport. Tyke and Jeen are nowhere near the same level and furthermore, given how their adult counterparts marriage ends, Jeen has reasons to mistrustful of Tyke that her adult counterpart never did. Jeen may know that Tyke isn't the person that cheated on her but she also knows he has the capacity to become that person. It puts a very different spin on Jott than what Claremont developed in the 60's\70's\80's. DPS and later Jott was functionally a romantic fairy-tale, but this version is much more grounded in the practicalities of both what they know of their future and the fact that circumstances have changed so much. I think that does a lot to decrease the "fairy-tale" element from their relationship.

Frankly it's all very, very complicated now. I can honestly see why Tyke and Jeen might look at BloodStorm and Jimmy and think, maybe those options are a whole lot simpler. Also BloodStorm is hot. I still have hope these crazy kids can work it out but it will not be the same, or even very similar to what their adult counterparts had. I suppose in the end that's a good thing but it's a bit sad to see it deconstructed this way.
    mmm is a good point, but well, taking into account that Jean and Scott are children, they still have a long way to go until adulthood, I am not surprised by the distrust that is being born and more by the crazy things that are happening to them and is complicated... and I have a curious ask ¿what happen when O5 turn back at past? ¿It will open a parallel line of his own world 616? I mean... I remember a bit the plot James Roberts work in Lost Light, create two presence in own one space, two reality, because the wings fire of Angel and Magic of Beast caught me, change everything the line story origin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SSminos View Post
    mmm is a good point, but well, taking into account that Jean and Scott are children, they still have a long way to go until adulthood, I am not surprised by the distrust that is being born and more by the crazy things that are happening to them and is complicated... and I have a curious ask ¿what happen when O5 turn back at past? ¿It will open a parallel line of his own world 616? I mean... I remember a bit the plot James Roberts work in Lost Light, create two presence in own one space, two reality, because the wings fire of Angel and Magic of Beast caught me, change everything the line story origin
    I really like to take on account secret wars regarding the past, if 616 was destroyed in secret wars and the F4 recreated the universe present and past it means there's a brand new universe with the time fixed, but it's not 616... And the O5 are from earth 616 but that earth is gone, and if it isn't that means they gotta find their way back to earth 616 that's were they're really from

Is it me or has all the other O-5 got some kind of Upgrade except Cyclops the guy who hates his powers and would do anything to get them under control. I find it highly suspect that Cyclops would finally get control of his powers with the vortex yet turn it down cause reasons. Why not give him a lesser form of his black vortex self like Warren got? Are writers that scared of Awesomeclops that they go out of there way to minimise him at every chance?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Is it me or has all the other O-5 got some kind of Upgrade except Cyclops the guy who hates his powers and would do anything to get them under control. I find it highly suspect that Cyclops would finally get control of his powers with the vortex yet turn it down cause reasons. Why not give him a lesser form of his black vortex self like Warren got? Are writers that scared of Awesomeclops that they go out of there way to minimise him at every chance?
    Dude, Cyclops has never ever ever needed powers to be awesome... in all my time here I've barely discussed his amazing feats or who could he beat in combat... that competition is pure boredom... what is important about cyclops is his constant search to become better and his interpersonal relationships and whit his team... And regarding Tyke, who the hell needs new powers with great friends like the champions whom he can totally rely on?

Tyke channeling his inner garen

At least he didn't made a Charmed -I dream of Jeannie reference...

And that's how he found them... He probably founds twitter boring tough

And no shipping him with ms marvel

BANNED

More champions appreciation

The shades give him an over 9000+ serious coolness level, altough sam and cho give him a run with their confidence and style, Kam and miles wins on cuteness and viv will shoot anyone that disagrees. Also, I'm pretty sure cyclops took them to buy all of those clothes

He still ain't an Scemma fan... he doesn't know what he's missing

Oh and this is a great conversation with ms marvel

AND ONE HECK OF A POWER UPGRADE... He's shooting kinetic energy from his visor and redirecting it from his field to the ship to make it move... that's like... one impressive power... he also used the flyclops in champions #12
    Last edited by wano; 12-15-2017 at 12:44 AM.

The only ship between Tyke and Kamala is FRIENDSHIP. And nothing else.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.