Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    But if only lasts for a very small amount of time, I think it's ok.
    It'd still need a massive drawback for when it wears off, though. Like it wipes his body out to the point that he's out for a day or so to recover. Also, Juggs is basically a team-buster on his own when not written badly and very few X-villains need that level of power to beat. Spidey-level seems like the right balance between ineffective and overpowered. Maybe you could do something like he has to absorb a certain amount to get to Juggs-level, like maybe 10-15 minutes worth ro so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    It'd still need a massive drawback for when it wears off, though. Like it wipes his body out to the point that he's out for a day or so to recover. Also, Juggs is basically a team-buster on his own when not written badly and very few X-villains need that level of power to beat. Spidey-level seems like the right balance between ineffective and overpowered. Maybe you could do something like he has to absorb a certain amount to get to Juggs-level, like maybe 10-15 minutes worth ro so.
    How about the duration correlates directly to the amount of strength? 15 minutes Spidey-level, 1 minute Juggs-level.

Then he’s powerless, which also correlates to the strength: one hour after Spidey-level, one day after Juggs-level.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

That could work paired with how much he absorbs.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I have an idea. I'd like for Cyke to absorb the optic blast in his body. Like instead of the blast shooting off from his eyes, they go inside him. Gives his body a reddish tinge, veins look more reddish, even his hair color changes(to whatever brown+red makes), eyes glowing. This gives his physical stats massive power up. Increased strength, increased speed, etc. He can go toe to toe with Juggernaut now. But here's the tinker, it only lasts for about 1 minute at a time. Then he comes back to normal.
    While I'm all for the advancement and evolution/application of mutant powers, this kinda sounds kinda Super Saiyan Cyclops. I'm also all for Cyclops being physically formidable, but I like him being closer to the "normal" end of the physique spectrum, as it makes some of his accomplishments that much more impressive (taking on a whole team of X-Men by himself twice and coming out even, if not on top).

If we're talking about evolving the application of his power, I think it'd be cool if he could control the beams mentally upon firing them. For example, if he was firing at the Juggernaut, face-to-face, he could fire a beam, split it in half and have half of it come around and hit Juggs from behind while the rest of the blast hits him from the front. Or, if you had a group of wild sentinels or something, have him fire a beam, split it and send a number of smaller beams off in multiple directions simultaneously. It would kinda be like what happened to his powers post AvX, but he'd be in complete control of the beam(s). I thought they were intimating that something like this would happen during Bendis's run, but, alas, like most things in his run, it didn't amount to anything.

If we need a trade-off, you could say that controlling the beam in this way physically drains him, with that strain increasing the more he divides and directs the beam.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    God! is sad, but I think they will do that.
    someday they will leave bothering with the Scott/Jean/Logan triangle? I don't think so
    If so, how do you think Jean would react when she saw Scott resuscitated?
    Marvel will never accept Cyke was right, what's most likely gonna happen is Saint Jean learns what Scott did and is now disgusted by him and when he comes back divorces him on the spot.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    Marvel will never accept Cyke was right, what's most likely gonna happen is Saint Jean learns what Scott did and is now disgusted by him and when he comes back divorces him on the spot.
    I think they'll never fully admit he's right. But will leave enough room for it to be accepted... Part of the RightClops appeal is being a rebel against marvel, if RightClops becomes the norm it might lose the appeal

I think 3 things can happen:
    1) As you say, Jean will hate Scott and will divorce him as soon as he returns.
    2) Jean will understand Scott, will understand his reasons and when he returns they will be together again
    3) Jean hates Scott for what he did but when he returns she will understand Scott and eventually they will come back together (if they do not make them start with Emma, Logan or someone else)

Personally I think Jean would understand Scott I mean she was also possessed by the phoenix and has lived a lot with Scott (at least she would try to defend him)
    Of course, then Marvel can make her do exactly the opposite of what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I think they'll never fully admit he's right. But will leave enough room for it to be accepted... Part of the RightClops appeal is being a rebel against marvel, if RightClops becomes the norm it might lose the appeal
    You'll know Marvel is serious about making the X-Books readable again when the "Cyclops worse than hitler", "Cyclops killed Xavier " BS is gone.
    Love him or hate him, but Scott/Rightclops has had alot more real character growth in the X-men. Atleast one of the few half dozen to actually grow as a character post Claremont.
    Rant
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

2) Jean will understand Scott, will understand his reasons and when he returns they will be together again
    3) Jean hates Scott for what he did but when he returns she will understand Scott and eventually they will come back together (if they do not make them start with Emma, Logan or someone else)

Personally I think Jean would understand Scott I mean she was also possessed by the phoenix and has lived a lot with Scott (at least she would try to defend him)

agree. I like third option
    Rant
    Logically..
    End of rant

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post

You'll know Marvel is serious about making the X-Books readable again when the "Cyclops worse than hitler", "Cyclops killed Xavier " BS is gone.
    Love him or hate him, but Scott/Rightclops has had alot more real character growth in the X-men. Atleast one of the few half dozen to actually grow as a character post Claremont.
    I wish Scott would come back as a mix of all Cyclops: the classic, the Whedon era, and RightClops.

But, Marvel definitely hates Scott Summers a.k.a. RightClops. Well, when he comes back up, I'll be waiting. But until then... no more X-Books.

Ultimate Member

As soon as Jean died Scott and Jean's marriage was over so there'd be no need for Jean to divorce him, if anything Jean would be the executrix of his estate if he didn't appoint Alex or somebody else to do it...

BANNED

This exchange just makes me wonder how the hell this part of marriage works at Marvel. I mean, heroes die left and right, they also rise back from the dead, so does a marriage end when one of them dies? But what if the person that died comes back while the other is alive? Or if the two die, but come back at different times? Imagine the paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    As soon as Jean died Scott and Jean's marriage was over so there'd be no need for Jean to divorce him, if anything Jean would be the executrix of his estate if he didn't appoint Alex or somebody else to do it...
    It would be such a mess to be a lawyer in the marvel universe, people coming back to life is a legal mess, the only one of Scott's heirs that could get anything is Alex (and he is most likely now a wanted felon, so no inheritance for him, unless he wants to get arrested) his dad is almost certainly legally dead, Rachel and Nate Grey likely don't legally exist since they are from other universes, Cable is likely to be presumed dead by the state since he should be a kid, and Jean died years ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    It would be such a mess to be a lawyer in the marvel universe, people coming back to life is a legal mess, the only one of Scott's heirs that could get anything is Alex (and he is most likely now a wanted felon, so no inheritance for him, unless he wants to get arrested) his dad is almost certainly legally dead, Rachel and Nate Grey likely don't legally exist since they are from other universes, Cable is likely to be presumed dead by the state since he should be a kid, and Jean died years ago.
    I bet Tyke has all of it, kid lives like a king and doesn't have to work for a living, he probably has fancy cars and yachts, I bet Tyke has a gold silo that'd put uncle scrooge to shame. If Mark waid writes his next solo he could easily be the Marvel's Richie Rich

I think very few characters were allowed to change significantly post Claremont, and in a static medium such as comics the ability to change and grow is a gift. Spiderman is still a poor broken loser, Tony stark is still a mess and I could go on. I'm happy cyclops changed organically and considering 90s was lame nothing of value was lost
    Last edited by wano; 12-26-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This exchange just makes me wonder how the hell this part of marriage works at Marvel. I mean, heroes die left and right, they also rise back from the dead, so does a marriage end when one of them dies? But what if the person that died comes back while the other is alive? Or if the two die, but come back at different times? Imagine the paperwork.

In marriage he says "until death do you part" I wonder how they will do I want to say if they want to be together again, should they marry again? or legally remain married?
    when returning, will Jean continue being Jean Gray-Summers or will he only be Jean Gray again?being his last wife would he have the right to Scott's inheritance after returning from the dead?