Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but...
    ¿Has corsair ever interacted with cable, rachel or jean?
    I don't remember seening them having any interactions
    Definitely yes to Jean. In fact IIRC he asked her to lie to Scott about his true identity which she was not happy about. I think that was UXM 109. I think Rachel and Corsair were both around for the Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire when Vulcan killed him but I can't recall if they interacted. As for Cable there aren't any canon interactions that I can recall. They interact in X-Men Forever I think but I never got around to reading that crap.

BANNED

Looks like Scott will appear in PR #5, but I'll wait and see if it's worth buying.

Everything I've read about Jean and X-Men Red, so far... still I'm pleased. Apparently, we'll have a RightJean, and that's great for RightClops fans.

I hope to see Jean and the X-Men Red fighting the status quo, Shield, Avengers and the police. And I'll be happy to see the reaction of the other X-Men to her words and arguments. Cable could join the team. That way, we may have "The Search of Cyclops II".

You know, that sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I've picked up the first 3 issues. It feels nearly obligatory. I want Jean back so I will support Marvel financially when they are writing the stories I want to read. It's been interesting so far. Not quite what I imagined but not as whacky as they could have gone. It actually feels like a bit of an Endsong do over with the teams chasing Jean tracks all over the planet, but with the ending they should have written back in '05 presumably.

Otherwise I haven't put a nickel into Marvel since early fall. I stuck with Blue for a while but ultimately it's AU nature left me feeling like those stories didn't matter, and they weren't particularly inspired to begin with. I was mostly reading it for Emma and to see it Tyke would be developed. Emma was trashed, again, and Tyke's development was marginal at best so I dropped it. Marvel has saved me over $200 since September vs what I spent in 2016 by writing basically nothing I want to read. Go Marvel!

As for Red, I'm very much on the fence with this book. The talent seems solid but the lineup and Jean's look makes me wonder what Marvel is thinking. It's like they got in a room and said "We know the fans want Jean but lets give them the Jean we want, not the Jean they want". I guess they didn't get it the first time with Jeen. I'll give it 3 or 4 issues and see where it goes since that's probably the only X-book I'll be buying at the time.
    Maybe it's the decompression issue again, but I feel like they should've done in one issue what it's taking them to do in three. Not worth it in my opinion. I haven't spent money on Marvel's ongoing books since... ever, I think. I didn't start purchasing floppies until right around or after Bendis Uncanny X-Men run.

I think you've given a pretty apt description of Red to me, I don't think I trust Marvel to give us what we want. I can't say I'll be picking up that book either if Phoenix Resurrection is anything to go by, but maybe I'll change my mind by the time it gets here. And the sooner Jeen and the O5 go away, the better.

Definitely yes to Jean. In fact IIRC he asked her to lie to Scott about his true identity which she was not happy about. I think that was UXM 109. I think Rachel and Corsair were both around for the Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire when Vulcan killed him but I can't recall if they interacted. As for Cable there aren't any canon interactions that I can recall. They interact in X-Men Forever I think but I never got around to reading that crap.
    What was the context for Jean's interaction with Corsair? Seems like a pretty big thing to keep from Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    What was the context for Jean's interaction with Corsair? Seems like a pretty big thing to keep from Scott.
    It was after saving the universe from the m'kraan crystal. Just before she saw that he was american and that he looked like Scott a little but during the fight she caught a thought of him and knew that he was his father and she used that to make him save Scott (at least take him away while Jean was working on the crystal) if I'm not wrong. Then after the fight he told her to not tell him because he didn't want to worry him or something like that but I don't remember very well the exact reason.

Maybe it's the decompression issue again, but I feel like they should've done in one issue what it's taking them to do in three. Not worth it in my opinion. I haven't spent money on Marvel's ongoing books since... ever, I think. I didn't start purchasing floppies until right around or after Bendis Uncanny X-Men run.

I think you've given a pretty apt description of Red to me, I don't think I trust Marvel to give us what we want. I can't say I'll be picking up that book either if Phoenix Resurrection is anything to go by, but maybe I'll change my mind by the time it gets here. And the sooner Jeen and the O5 go away, the better.
    I understand why people are claiming the mini is moving too slow. I don't particularly agree. Read some older UXM issues and you'll see a lot of similar pacing IMO.

Welcome to world of floppies. Before you know it you'll have stacks of these things all over the place. I've donated more comics than I can possibly store at this point and am I'm trying to implement some creative storage solutions because I still have too many.

I don't trust Marvel either. Not in the slightest. I hope they will do better but I'm not foolish enough to trust. It sounds like we're both properly jaded. Probably not a great sign for the X-Books when the most engaged fans are salty.

Corsair trying for father of the year. Screenshot is here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but...
    ¿Has corsair ever interacted with cable, rachel or jean?
    I don't remember seening them having any interactions
    IIRC: Cable, no; Rachel, yes; Jean, sort of.

The Starjammers had a couple of run-ins with Excalibur when Rachel was a member, but, oddly enough, I don't recall any of the stories having Rachel and Corsair acknowledge each other as family on-panel. They met again, as others have pointed out, in Brubaker's Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire arc.

Back during the Claremont/Cockrum run, Phoenix-as-Jean met Corsair in the very first Starjammers arc. In fact, she discovered Corsair was Scott's father before Scott did. As for Corsair meeting the real Jean, I vaguely recall a Marvel Holiday Special in the mid-90s where the Starjammers visited the X-Men for Christmas, but that was it.

Mighty Member

Definitely yes to Jean. [...] They interact in X-Men Forever I think but I never got around to reading that crap.
    If memory serves, it's a story arc in the second X-Men Forever series. The X-Men and the Starjammers fight the Marauders at the Summers family home in Alaska. Corsair ends up wearing Scott's Jim Lee-era costume, and Jean freaks out because one of the Marauders is a Wolverine clone. We also get to see Claremont's intended version of Sinister.

It was one of the series' better stories IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    If memory serves, it's a story arc in the second X-Men Forever series. The X-Men and the Starjammers fight the Marauders at the Summers family home in Alaska. Corsair ends up wearing Scott's Jim Lee-era costume, and Jean freaks out because one of the Marauders is a Wolverine clone. We also get to see Claremont's intended version of Sinister.

It was one of the series' better stories IMO.
    I'll take your word for it. Once I realized Claremont was using the series to settle old scores I checked out. Being a Scott & Jott fan didn't help either of course but primarily I don't approve of writers using the books as a platform to accomplish an agenda first and tell good stories second which was my impression.

I understand why people are claiming the mini is moving too slow. I don't particularly agree. Read some older UXM issues and you'll see a lot of similar pacing IMO.

Welcome to world of floppies. Before you know it you'll have stacks of these things all over the place. I've donated more comics than I can possibly store at this point and am I'm trying to implement some creative storage solutions because I still have too many.

I don't trust Marvel either. Not in the slightest. I hope they will do better but I'm not foolish enough to trust. It sounds like we're both properly jaded. Probably not a great sign for the X-Books when the most engaged fans are salty.
    I feel like the pacing would work for a mystery story, but the first mystery that the X-Men were meant to be solving (basically, what's going on?) we already knew the answer to. Jean is coming back, one issue was all that was required to have the X-Men understand, address that, and move onto the bigger mystery (how and why is she back?). That's my take.

I've got quite a few floppies already but not quite to the point that I would donate any.

Maybe it should concern me that I became jaded with Marvel so quickly, but at this point I don't care about that. I just want them to make comics that I want to read.

Corsair trying for father of the year. Screenshot is here.
    Wow, I'm with Storm on this one. What the heck (Phoenix) Jean? Not cool. And Corsair has a funny idea of "love".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    IIRC: Cable, no; Rachel, yes; Jean, sort of.

The Starjammers had a couple of run-ins with Excalibur when Rachel was a member, but, oddly enough, I don't recall any of the stories having Rachel and Corsair acknowledge each other as family on-panel. They met again, as others have pointed out, in Brubaker's Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire arc.

Back during the Claremont/Cockrum run, Phoenix-as-Jean met Corsair in the very first Starjammers arc. In fact, she discovered Corsair was Scott's father before Scott did. As for Corsair meeting the real Jean, I vaguely recall a Marvel Holiday Special in the mid-90s where the Starjammers visited the X-Men for Christmas, but that was it.
    I know this isn't canon, but I recall one place that they interacted. THe X Men novels. There were a bunch published in the 90s into the 2000s. i had to have read at least a dozen of them. Many were multi part. Anyway, MUTANT EMPIRE, a trilogy by Christopher Golden. The team is split into 2 groups. One fights Magneto. The other, Scott and Jean were on it, went to rescue Corsair. I'm not saying there is a lot of Jean Corsair interaction, just that there is some.

BTW, read those novels if you want to read how Scott Summers, or JOTT, should be portrayed

BANNED

I miss them so much. The best X-Couple ever.
    <3 <3 <3

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Hello, Mexico!!

it's great.

I was a little disconnected from the activity, so what have I missed?

BANNED

I miss them so much. The best X-Couple ever.
    <3 <3 <3

If feige has any common sense he'll put Cyke and Emma together in the MCU, hopefully give them a common background or have them meet as teenagers

Looks like Scott will appear in PR #5, but I'll wait and see if it's worth buying.

Everything I've read about Jean and X-Men Red, so far... still I'm pleased. Apparently, we'll have a RightJean, and that's great for RightClops fans.

I hope to see Jean and the X-Men Red fighting the status quo, Shield, Avengers and the police. And I'll be happy to see the reaction of the other X-Men to her words and arguments. Cable could join the team. That way, we may have "The Search of Cyclops II".

You know, that sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
    I've always thought that if or when Jean returns, she would be on Cyclops side. I mean, she was the one who pushed Cyke to Emma to avoid a horrific future if Cyke left. I guess it is implied by that logic that when Jean changed the dystonian future, she foresaw that Scott's actions would lead to the current status quo. Its not ideal for sure but she still pushed for this future one way or the other. So even if she didn't agree with Scott 100%, her "live Scott" moment is arguably what led to the current landscape of the X-men and in her mind, Scott probably "improved" mutant life.

Then again, Marvel hasn't really been the poster child for logic. But we'll see. Hopefully we do get RightJean.

BANNED

Fellow Cyclops fans, can you vote for Wolverine against Batman here :http://community.comicbookresources....n-Or-Wolverine

#XmenFansUnited