Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I wish Bunn would stop making Scott his designated victim during battle scenes - Everybody needs 3 turns minimum before Scott ends up as the one captured, bleeding out, or about to be crushed by a falling sentinel again. And even then he will still be far ahead of them in such moments.
    Counterpoint the the incredible fainting girl in the AS?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I curious what you're basing that on.
    I don't think he understands Inception. All it takes is a nudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Fair enough. I tend to agree. What I've never believed is that he was in love with Emma during Morrisons run or HCT. I agree that came later.
    Yeah, I don't think he loved her during Morrison's run either. Does that mean Emma loved him first? I know that Jean said that she did, but I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    I don't think he understands Inception. All it takes is a nudge.
    I've considered that as well, but then where do we draw the line as far as how much Jean changed Scott? If he wasn't willing to give Emma a chance, if he was gonna walk away from the X-Men, was he even himself after Jean put a thought into his head? I think Marvel, if they were to give an honest answer, would say that Jean only made him give Emma a chance, avoids a can of worms that they'd rather keep closed. Or, the most likely of all, I've giving Marvel too much credit.

before the redhead died Scott told Emma that he had to choose between her and the redhead but unfortunately the redhead died before he voiced his choice
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yeah, I don't think he loved her during Morrison's run either. Does that mean Emma loved him first? I know that Jean said that she did, but I wonder...

I've considered that as well, but then where do we draw the line as far as how much Jean changed Scott? If he wasn't willing to give Emma a chance, if he was gonna walk away from the X-Men, was he even himself after Jean put a thought into his head? I think Marvel, if they were to give an honest answer, would say that Jean only made him give Emma a chance, avoids a can of worms that they'd rather keep closed. Or, the most likely of all, I've giving Marvel too much credit.
    It was still him but Scott never would have been in a real relationship with Emma of his own volition. Let's not forget that Emma played a role in Jean's death in the DPS. I never got over the fact that Scott would overlook that.

So whatever Jean did, it was fundamental enough to alter not just a perception or belief Scott had about Emma, but a choice he had already made, and a very major one at that. Marvel can say whatever they want but IMO, Jean is responsible for their relationship, full stop. Likely Marvel will say nothing at all about it and that's probably for the best. As much as I'd like to see the truth come out, Emma's had a rough enough last few years as it is, to say nothing of how Jean would explain this.

BANNED

Yeah, Emma wouldn't be happy about hearing that their whole relationship was a set up by Jean to keep mutantkind alive during decimation and then she'd be discarded. That's literally Maddie 2.0 so Emma would either call bullshit so keep her sanity intact, or go nuts because telling her that they love of her life never truly loved her of his own volition, well, it wouldn't be very... Nice, actually that's some horror movie **** if you think it through. I've never seen a telepath convincingly making someone fall in love with somebody else, maybe pheromones with spidrrwoman, empath or wallflower but those effects were limited and clearly artifical, but creating love out of the blue and making it last, its not romantic but outright creepy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    before the redhead died Scott told Emma that he had to choose between her and the redhead but unfortunately the redhead died before he voiced his choice
    "You know I chose you."

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    "You know I chose you."

How have we missed this?

In all seriousness, if Jean can make Scott love Emma, regardless of time and space, then he's lost agency after her death. He couldn't be fully responsible for many of his choices.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    How have we missed this?

In all seriousness, if Jean can make Scott love Emma, regardless of time and space, then he's lost agency after her death. He couldn't be fully responsible for many of his choices.
    That's why some will never admit it, specially me since despite his mistakes I still like Cyclops because of his choices

I noticed that they did sort of go over her time as The White Phoenix Of The Crown in PR She does say “I don’t want to play god with you anymore” and she does admit to her actions in new X-men when she told him to live and have a relationship with Emma, when he was apologizing she stopped him and she said “ I know, I’m sorry”. This could be hand waved by her being telepathic but we know as readers that she made those pushes happen (albeit through the writers).

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    "You know I chose you."

I'm even sure he actually believed that because Emma would have likely known if he was lying but... "He married the redhead". Perhaps some subconsious doubt remained.
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 02-15-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    I noticed that they did sort of go over her time as The White Phoenix Of The Crown in PR She does say “I don’t want to play god with you anymore” and she does admit to her actions in new X-men when she told him to live and have a relationship with Emma, when he was apologizing she stopped him and she said “ I know, I’m sorry”. This could be hand waved by her being telepathic but we know as readers that she made those pushes happen (albeit through the writers).
    I think Rosenberg was specifically vague on this but you may be onto something. I asked him on Twitter before the event if Marvel considered HCT canon and he said "he" did. I asked him if PR would touch on this. He said "not directly but yes". Vague for sure but I wondered as well why Jean apologized to him. It's a plausable explanation.

Imo. he fell in love with emma before the redhead died. Scott has not realized this new love. He just didnt have time, Jean died. Yes. She died, and Scott got so butthurt from guilt he let the mutant race literally died. Jean came back to life years into the future and removed the feeling of guilt, which allowed
    Scott **** Emma, admit to himself of being in love with emma.
    Jean helped him to be honest with himself. Jean knew that. She said "Wake up Emma Scott needs you." at that time Jeaan was alive. That happened after she got friendzoned by Logan after years of teasing.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Scott was infatuated and in lust before Jean died. I dont think love came until some time after Jean died