BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    No that implies that if she is present they won't all go berserk like they were before Death of X, insulting each other all the name they know, that also implies that as it write that, it's pretty sure that if she was alive at that time they would still be friend (I'm pretty sure of that too).

Only her presence will calm everything so they can talk like civilized ppl, I mean from what I remember pre Death of X almost each time they saw each other Scott as them were crying at each other.

Jean as always been a mediator in conflict intra X-Men, that's how I see it.
    Nah, what are you saying is that the X-men act like a bunch of spoiled children and they need Jean around to be good kids, that's stupid... Jean isn't some kind of Saint that keeps everyone from each others throats, the X-men acted like that because they felt that way, and you're using a very dangerous stereotype that men are violent and uncivilised and need women to keep them from falling into conflict. If anything I remember Jean wrecking cyclops marriage and putting a wrench between cyclops and Warren many times, or teen jeen manipulating all O5 to keep then from leaving or at arms length as back up up love interests
    Last edited by wano; 04-15-2018 at 10:54 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, it's less people than one could believe. they are just very vocal and spam the hate at every chance.
    They're the ones always showing up here, so I see them as representatives unless stated otherwise

BANNED

Dude, I love Jean, but I keep as far from her appreciation thread as I can because of this supposed 3 or 4 people (which I'm not sure is just this, since there are people without profile pictures and it makes them hard to count, I don't have interest in looking up the names). I mean, a few days ago there were some of them spamming this very thread LOL They treat Scott as the anti-christ, which was one of the reasons I kept as far from this forum as I could. It gets tiresome very very quickly.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Dude, I love Jean, but I keep as far from her appreciation thread as I can because of this supposed 3 or 4 people (which I'm not sure is just this, since there are people without profile pictures and it makes them hard to count, I don't have interest in looking up the names). I mean, a few days ago there were some of them spamming this very thread LOL They treat Scott as the anti-christ, which was one of the reasons I kept as far from this forum as I could. It gets tiresome very very quickly.
    It's like being a Jean fan in this thread. there are like 4 guys here that hate Jean but that doesn't mean all cyclops fans hate her.
    though they post all the time and this gives that impression.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-15-2018 at 11:06 AM.

It's like being a Jean fan in this thread. there are like 4 guys here that hate Jean but that doesn't mean all cyclops fans hate her.
    I know I don’t. However, in regards to the current topic, Jean shouldn’t be involved in a reconciliation further than suggesting it happen.

BANNED

though the post all the time and this gives that impression.
    Yeah, I guess hate always shows up more when you look at it. I guess that's why I avoid as much as I can to engage in a discussion with this kind of people. There's a particular prick here who's a Jean fan and takes every chance and then some to thrash Cyclops. It's the kind of people you should avoid whenever you can.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I know I don’t. However, in regards to the current topic, Jean shouldn’t be involved in a reconciliation further than suggesting it happen.
    I mean, it's kind of hard to hate Jean, except if we're talking about the teenage version. There's an amount of extreme opinions about her here, from time to time, though and some people should tone it down a bit. It gets really tiresome, because people act like Jean was holding Scott back when it was just the lack of guts on Marvel's part LOL

BANNED

though they post all the time and this gives that impression.
    DOn't hate Jean, I like Jean, I just wouldn't like her with modern scott, or when people say she's the women to save all X-men from conflict and inter fighting, it obviously perpetuates horrible stereotypes that men are savages that need women to stop fighting, and it's an example of white feminism that the X-men need a white woman to stop fighting and be united, it dismisses the efforts of women of color like storm to protect mutantkind in their darkest hours, or jewish women like kitty and polaris to keep the X-men running against all odds, while Jean arrives after the storm is over and is hailed as a savior of sorts, it's incredibly racist and chauvinist since it's an erasure of the efforts of women and women and POC to make the X men work

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I mean, it's kind of hard to hate Jean, except if we're talking about the teenage version. There's an amount of extreme opinions about her here, from time to time, though and some people should tone it down a bit. It gets really tiresome, because people act like Jean was holding Scott back when it was just the lack of guts on Marvel's part LOL
    Jean didn't hold Scott back, Scott didn't Jean back. the thing is that they were a functional couple so far ago, any development they have after morrison made it look like their relationship was the problem. when it was just a relationship, they don't make characters better or worse.

the problem is that marvel keeps pushing jean/scott as crap with love triangles and then they don't throw the same drama to their other parings.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-15-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    DOn't hate Jean, I like Jean, I just don't like her with Scott, or when people say she's the women to save all X-men from conflict and inter fighting, it obviously perpetuates horrible stereotypes that men are savages that need women to stop fighting, and it's an example of white feminism that the X-men need a white woman to stop fighting and be united, it dismisses the efforts of women of color like storm to protect mutantkind in their darkest hours, or jewish women like kitty and polaris to keep the X-men running against all odds, while Jean arrives after the storm is over and is hailed as a savior of sorts... She isn't, that simple
    I wasn't talking about you. I don't want to mention those people because it's not the purpose of this thread. they are free to have that opinion and it's valid in their own minds.

BANNED

Jean didn't hold Scott back, Scott didn't Jean back. the thing is that they were a functional couple so far ago, any development they have after morrison made it look like their relationship was the problem. when it was just a relationship, they don't make characters better or worse.

the problem is that marvel keeps pushing jean/scott as crap with love triangles and then they don't throw the same drama to their other parings.
    I think Scott was the one holding himself back because there's no major conflict and the X-men more or less had it covered while he could live a quasi normal life and come back when needed... He stopped holding back after genosha, jean's death, Xavier betrayal and decimation because mutantkind needed someone to lead them through that crisis... And if anything Bendis run was the end of the RightClops era, not because he's wrong, but because technically there's no need to be general Cyclops again and he could go back to fight for the dream of his mentor and despite being divided, all the X-men were in the same page

I think I’ve been pretty clear that I don’t like Teen Jean (or most of the TD-O5), but Jean proper is fine, can be great in the right hands. I don’t have strong feelings about Jott one way or another, so I wouldn’t mind it’s return, but there are a myriad issues that need resolving before that can be done justice.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Unfortunately, Iceman was on the “blame Scott” bandwagon after the events of DoX, along with numerous other X-Men; we can take into account that DoX retconned what Scott did, but chronologically, in-universe, Bobby trashed Scott with everyone (or at the very least allowed it to continue). Again, of course Scott is likely to forgive, but how can the X-Men ever take the moral high-ground with him after what they did? How shameless would they have to be to act like they did nothing wrong and not apologize?

And I agree with CuteClops actually, that regardless of her status with the O5, Jean shouldn’t be required to facilitate a reconciliation. Scott always made it clear that he loved them, his friends and family, and that he accepted their feelings about him. Jean as a requirement implies that both parties are equally at fault for the falling out, which is not true. Scott had reached out to the X-Men and they’d slapped his hand away.
    If, as I suspect, Marvel uses the O5 going back to reset the timeline, this will all become moot. Scott's "resurrection" will be because he'll have never died in the first place, and the rift between him and the other X-Men may have never occurred. Scott will be Tyke all grown up.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    If, as I suspect, Marvel uses the O5 going back to reset the timeline, this will all become moot. Scott's "resurrection" will be because he'll have never died in the first place, and the rift between him and the other X-Men may have never occurred. Scott will be Tyke all grown up.
    I think marvel really doesn't want cyclops back for a few years. I feel they don't know what to do with him.

I also fear extermination could sement the teen O5 status forever. Like they could stay permanently. Bunn always says blue still has a lot left.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-15-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Oh, I know that’s a possibility, and it’s one that I dread quite a bit. The Scott I care about, the one I want to read again will have died and stayed dead. The logical conclusion, where the X-Men and Scott hash things out, apologize for transgressions (or perceived transgressions), and become a team again is what I want to read. Not “everything is better know because those things didn’t happen”! Except they did, and Marvel can’t erase those stories from my memory.