Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    If only we could get Louise Simonson again to do that. She nailed it super well in X-Factor with the whole Scott/Jean/Maddie thing. But yeah we need someone who want them together not someone.

And I would give Rosenberg that. I mean he gave us that little Jott moment during PR#5 but I would love to see how he would make them reconciliate properly.
    Don't know much about that but I would want him to write the RETURN of Cyclops. He captured Jean's history well, the speech at the end was great and I definetly want somebody to write about Cyclops like he did about Jean at the end of PR#1.
    Last edited by Cyke is Slim; 04-15-2018 at 02:27 PM.

BANNED

If only we could get Louise Simonson again to do that. She nailed it super well in X-Factor with the whole Scott/Jean/Maddie thing. But yeah we need someone who want them together not someone.

And I would give Rosenberg that. I mean he gave us that little Jott moment during PR#5 but I would love to see how he would make them reconciliate properly.
    How the hell I overlooked Rosenberg is a really interesting question. Dude wrote the best moment we had with the couple in years. It was actually the only part of PR (with her speech to the Phoenix) that actually felt like it came from him and not editorial. Seeing how he handles them for more than 4 pages would be marvelous.

Here’s where I have to respectfully disagree; I don’t want Rosenberg to write Scott's return, I thought PR was drawn out and poorly paced. Was the Jott moment nice? I suppose, but it’s not enough for me to see him as a prospective candidate for the task of bringing back Scott. Maybe I’m missing something, but I just don’t see it.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Don't hold your breath. Marvel is very selective and inconsistent about playing out the natural consequences of characters' actions. If they want to move forward without addressing things, they do. If you're lucky, you'll get a brief nod (a la Jott in PR #5).

That said, there's always fanfic. Even if you have to write it yourself.
    Yep, that’s the cold hard truth. Should that come to pass, I might become a DC-exclusive reader.

I’ve never written fanfic before, I wouldn’t know where to start. Is being angry a good starting point?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Here’s where I have to respectfully disagree; I don’t want Rosenberg to write Scott's return, I thought PR was drawn out and poorly paced. Was the Jott moment nice? I suppose, but it’s not enough for me to see him as a prospective candidate for the task of bringing back Scott. Maybe I’m missing something, but I just don’t see it.
    I'm pretty sure Dethi meant the same I thing I did, which is to let Rosenberg develop his relationship with Jean if they ever get back together. Scott's return should be written by someone like Bunn, Loveness or Lemire, who seem to have an real interest in him and could probably handle editorial mandates better.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Phoenix resurrection was decompressed, it's true. but rosenberg loves cyclops and i think his return has to be handled by someone who appreciates the character. but i bet it will take a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I'm pretty sure Dethi meant the same I thing I did, which is to let Rosenberg develop his relationship with Jean if they ever get back together. Scott's return should be written by someone like Bunn, Loveness or Lemire, who seem to have an real interest in him and could probably handle editorial mandates better.
    Ok. If we can assume a reasonable amount of editorial meddling as the cause for PR’s (IMO) poor pacing, I would be fine with Rosenberg writing the development of Jott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It's like being a Jean fan in this thread. there are like 4 guys here that hate Jean but that doesn't mean all cyclops fans hate her.
    though they post all the time and this gives that impression.
    If you're talking about me, think again. As I've said over and over, I love Jean.

But that doesn't mean that I want Jean and Scott together again.

And if they get back together, fine, that'll make everthing okay. I won't be angry.

I just don't like hate speeches against Scott and Emma. THIS makes me very angry.

You know, what I really hate is the eternal blah blah blah about "affair", "cheating", Jott vs Scemma, or Cyclops haters who see Scott (and Emma) as the devil incarnate.

God, that's completely annoying.

And I already told you, Miss. I like you.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 04-15-2018 at 07:30 PM.

BANNED

Same here, he's average at best... None of his past stuff has been particularly impressive. . . If anything I'd gladly ask for gillen, or fraction, or even Bendis because at least they are A lister... Then again my top candidate is Jonhatan Hickman, he could give one hell of a set up for the X-men and cyclops return as whole
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Phoenix resurrection was decompressed, it's true. but rosenberg loves cyclops and i think his return has to be handled by someone who appreciates the character. but i bet it will take a few years.
    It wasn't just decompressed... It was a non story ¿

It's also called X-Factor. And his in my opinion one of the best X-Book run ever.
    X-factor was the best & it is the reason I love the O5 as a team. Also, their second reunion was fun too.

UXM reunion.jpg

They have been through a lot and some of them have changed soo much, it is definitely gonna be awesome now since the real Jean Grey is back.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Same here, he's average at best... None of his past stuff has been particularly impressive. . . If anything I'd gladly ask for gillen, or fraction, or even Bendis because at least they are A lister... Then again my top candidate is Jonhatan Hickman, he could give one hell of a set up for the X-men and cyclops return as whole
    I guess I was pretty impressed with the issue#5 of PR, which carried the emotional weight. But yeah, definitely Hickman.
    Last edited by Cyke is Slim; 04-15-2018 at 05:03 PM.

I have arrived a little late to the party but here my opinion of what has been spoken.
    Friends of Scott? the O5 of course, Beast have to talk to Scott and ask for forgiveness but I think he is on track, when Scott died Hank was one of the few (if not the only one) that I remember was paying homage to Scott. there are also Emma, Magik and maybe Kurt?

Would Jean help Hank, Bobby, Warren and Scott be friends again? Yes of course. Jean surely would make a great effort to make them make peace. What if Hank and Bobby are friends with Scott just for Jean? well that's another story, maybe yes, maybe not. If they do it just to please Jean it is clear that they aren't really Scott's friends, but they may also do so because Jean helps them see that they were wrong.

that Scott is reconet by Tyke, so RightClops and Scemma never happened? No and no. maybe I'm not a fan of Scemma, but both Scemma, Jott, RightClops and BoyScott are parts of the character, to pretend that some of them never existed is nonsense, Comics exist, Marvel can't make us believe that we only imagine.

Jean and Scott have changed, so they can't be a couple again? Of course they have changed, but that doesn't mean they can't be a couple again. PR 5 was good with me because I knew they didn't have time and it was only their meeting after so long. But when both Jean and Scott are alive together and Jott comes back, I want them to talk about their problems and not pretend they were back in the 90's where they were happily married. I don't want Jean and Scott to be together just because they are Jean and Scott. I know that in PR 5, Scott said sorry, but I think it is not enough and I think Jean should also apologize, I like them for their story, not for being a classic relationship. if Marvel returns to pair them only because Jean and Scott always loved each other and they were always together, without apology, without chatting, without explanations. then the relationship would lose value for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    I guess I was pretty impressed with the issue#5 of PR, which carried the emotional weight. But yeah, definitely Hickman.
    Nah, it felt pretty cookie cutter for me... Plus if they wanna deal with Jean and Cyclops changes I'd prefer if they do it when cyke is back rather than trying to use that to gloss it over

@JeisonWolf... I agree with you, if they try to gloss over what happened between cyclops and Jean their relationship would feel shallow and soulless
    Last edited by wano; 04-15-2018 at 05:04 PM.

X-factor was the best & it is the reason I love the O5 as a team. Also, their second reunion was fun too.

UXM reunion.jpg

They have been through a lot and some of them have changed soo much, it is definitely gonna be awesome now since the real Jean Grey is back.
    I love this, I want to see again the original 5 be friends and a family again. I know it's nostalgia but that's why I like X-Men Blue and of course X-factor.

BANNED

A book reuniting the original 5 will have a lot of potential, it just needs a writer who knows the history of the characters well. My favorite team is still the 05.

Art of Fred Ian

Beautiful image, man. Thanks for sharing.

-----------

Civil War: X-Men (The Beatles)