Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I'm pretty sure they killed him to promote their inhumans bullshit, and then again I'm glad he died because I couldn't have stood the thought of the terrigen crisis happening and cyclops doing nothing about it like an useless moron, or secret empire, or all the superhero v hero fuckups happening in a world where Cyclops lets any of that happen

Like wolverine, then again it's probably because Aaron and friends made him a mockery of his former self
    Lol, maybe that’s why they killed him, the Terrigen/Secret Empire narrative couldn’t have happened with him around? Probably not, but it’s funny to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    For sure. They wanted to move the franchise past Scott's "revolution" in a different direction, they wanted to set up IvX (although the execution was pretty lacking), and, more generally, they wanted to shake up the status quo in a dramatic way.
    I do legitimately think he grew out of their control, in maybe the same way that Jott might’ve intimidated Morrison, Cyclops was someone that, despite their attempts, Marvel couldn’t turn into a villain. Death of X is proof of that, isn’t it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Lol, maybe that’s why they killed him, the Terrigen/Secret Empire narrative couldn’t have happened with him around? Probably not, but it’s funny to think about.
    He's not the type of person to let that happen, maybe a variation is that most mutants are MIA because Cyclops placed them in underground pods before the terrigen hit and then started to work on the solution. . . And for Secret empire have Cyclops rule New Tian with Emma and have all mutants and inhumans as refugees, then have him lead the charge against stevil. . . But that'd be giving marvel too much credit

Mighty Member

I do legitimately think he grew out of their control, in maybe the same way that Jott might’ve intimidated Morrison, Cyclops was someone that, despite their attempts, Marvel couldn’t turn into a villain. Death of X is proof of that, isn’t it?
    No. Other way around. Marvel editorial's tastes shifted during Bendis's run; they preferred BoyScott to RightClops (see: Tyke) but couldn't come up with an acceptable (to them) way to turn him back. Nor could they fit RightClops into the direction they had in mind. So, they killed him off.

Marvel wasn't concerned about not being able to turn him into a villain; as far they're concerned, he already was. The whole premise of Scott's Schism-AvX-Bendis run arc was that he'd turned into Magneto 2.0. That he'd become the kind of ends-justify-the-means zealot the X-Men were formed, in part, to fight against. YMMV as to whether Marvel succeeded in laying out that case--based on what I've read, I don't think the execution of the story quite worked--but that's what they were trying to do.

DoX wasnt an attempt to make him a villian. That was Marvel backpeddling. With that said, I think Cyclops could have made for a great villian with better writing but Marvel never fully committed to it.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    No. Other way around. Marvel editorial's tastes shifted during Bendis's run; they preferred BoyScott to RightClops (see: Tyke) but couldn't come up with an acceptable (to them) way to turn him back. Nor could they fit RightClops into the direction they had in mind. So, they killed him off.

Marvel wasn't concerned about not being able to turn him into a villain; as far they're concerned, he already was. The whole premise of Scott's Schism-AvX-Bendis run arc was that he'd turned into Magneto 2.0. That he'd become the kind of ends-justify-the-means zealot the X-Men were formed, in part, to fight against. YMMV as to whether Marvel succeeded in laying out that case--based on what I've read, I don't think the execution of the story quite worked--but that's what they were trying to do.
    The only time he was a villian was the end of AvX. If they were committed to having him be one, then UXM v3 should have never existed bc giving him a POV firmly made him an anti-hero at best. Nothing about him in that run were the actions of a villian and nothing that couldnt be course corrected
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-17-2018 at 03:32 PM.

BANNED

https://www.newsarama.com/10779-bend...econd-arc.html

Frazier Irving - "I am happy to say that Cyclops was right, and I am proud to be drawing this bold revolutionary as he reshapes the Marvel universe in his image," Irving said. "Dang, it's really starting to affect me, isn't it?"

In discussing the series, Bendis emphasizes the importance of Cyclops, one of the most uniquely polarizing characters in recent mainstream comics following the events of AvX — where he killed Professor Xavier while under the influence of the Phoenix.

Brian Bendis - "Modern-day Cyclops is on a road to redemption like no other in the history of fiction. To have fallen thus far — and yes, some have fallen into villainy, some have died — but what happened to Cyclops, by murdering the man who means the most to him, maybe even what we imagined to be his father, or certainly his father figure — to try and crawl out of that is a gigantic road to redemption in front of him, including all of the broken relationships that are all around him, including the people closest to him," Bendis said.

"All while doing what he set out to do in the first place, which is help mutants and save mutants, and give mutants a home and a school in which to train and learn the way he did, and save them the way he was saved." the writer added. "And the best way he can make it up to the world for what happened to Xavier, and whatever his participation in that was, is to do right by the vision of Xavier, and create this new Xavier school, and to train them to do what he thinks is right for the mutant race. That's a lot going on in one giant sentence, but it is the most 'X-Men' of X-Men ideas, really. Cyclops now represents all things mutant."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...eries/1912997/

Brian Bendis - "People would tweet at me all the time, 'Cyclops is right!' And I'm like, 'Yeah, I agree!,' " Bendis says,

"There are people who think that Cyclops is right, even more than Cyclops does, and there are people who really don't. And, boy, that's the good stuff," Bendis says.

"There's a dichotomy there that everyone who knows him hates him, but everyone who doesn't know him loves him," Bendis says. "Here's a man whose powers are actually broken because of all the stuff that's gone on with him, but he has to stand up and be this perfect mutant person — he's the most fascinating person in the Marvel Universe right now to me.

"No one else could bring everything he's bringing to it. He's made the biggest mistakes, he's had the biggest wins, people love him, they hate him — all of it just grand drama at the highest order."

"No matter what you think of Cyclops, you go, 'Well, there's a human being going through a lot of the same (stuff) I go through.' At the end of the day, that's all you've got to worry about with a character like this — what's the most heroic thing for him to do and what does he have to do to redeem himself in this place he's at?"
    Last edited by CuteClops; 05-17-2018 at 06:07 PM.

BANNED

I think the end of Bendis run was Cyclops doing his best to forgive himself and trying to become a superhero for all humans over a revolutionary that could bring doom

BANNED

A revolutionary can bring good results to all mankind.
    What's the problem with the revolutionaries?
    This country was built from a revolution that inspired the whole world.

BANNED

Oh man, I know I shouldn't, but with your permission, I would like to say: this preview made me laugh a lot.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...he-inhumans-1/

I can already imagine a smile on Scott's face. Something like...

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Oh man, I know I shouldn't, but with your permission, I would like to say: this preview made me laugh a lot.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...he-inhumans-1/

I can already imagine a smile on Scott's face. Something like...

I know this is unfair to Inhuman fans but I feel avenged .
    I'm sure Emma will laugh a lot when she learns about this.

BANNED

Scott was never the kind of guy to hold resentment or laugh at his foes misery... But none of us is Cyclops

Anyways, this guys is the one out to murder the inhumans...

Could he be...? I mean, red and black and red shining weapon... Maybe he is...? Nah no way... Too much wishful thinking but if he's Scott that'd mean Karma is a HUGE bitch... Anyways, is carrion our guy and should we get him an appreciation thread? Maybe he's a mutant!
    Last edited by wano; 05-17-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    A revolutionary can bring good results to all mankind.
    What's the problem with the revolutionaries?
    This country was built from a revolution that inspired the whole world.
    Revolutions bring changes with high prices to pay but that's how things work because if you really want to change the world and create something new it's good to be prepared to fight for it.

Scott was never the kind of guy to hold resentment or laugh at his foes misery... But none of us is Cyclops

Could he be...? I mean, red and black and red shining weapon... Maybe he is...? Nah no way... Too much wishful thinking but if he's Scott that'd mean Karma is a HUGE bitch... Anyways, is carrion our guy and should we get him an appreciation thread? Maybe he's a mutant!
    I will not deny that see certain similarities but doubt marvel would do that.

Besides at this point do not want to see Scott or any mutant being used as a villain for Inhumans. Not after IvX and everything that happened to Cyclops and Emma.

BANNED

I think he'd be resurrected cyclops that came back wrong and is missing his soul, that simple, just cyclops body and powers going on a murderous rampage against the inhumans

Crazy idea: Its another Summers Child.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

That looks like some alternate reality Blackbolt. Or someone else wearing a modified Blackbolt costume.