Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    and 2016 (Rebirth). they have 4 in total, in Marvel there has been some recount but if I'm not mistaken there has not been a real reboot of all stories and characters.
    And Zero Hour. It may not have been as drastic, but it still reset a lot of stuff.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ...its not like [Marvel] went and retconned any of their other properties to match the films...
    They did change Iron Man's origin so that he was injured and Afghanistan instead of Vietnam (see Fraction's Invincible Iron Man), but that might be about it.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's not THAT often. Every quarter century, roughly. Reboots were in 1956 (debut of Barry Allen, who said the previous Flash Jay Garrick was just a comic character, later turned out the golden age was an AU), 1986 (Crisis of Infinite Earths), 2011 (Flashpoint/New 52).
    They may not totally reboot that often, but they do tend to jigger with their continuity fairly often. As another poster said, Zero Hour shuffled things around a bit, as did Infinite Crisis.

Heck, you could argue that the merging of the pre-Flashpoint Superman and the New52 Superman that happened recently was another shuffling (even if it did just mash the two characters together, essentially).

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    They did change Iron Man's origin so that he was injured and Afghanistan instead of Vietnam (see Fraction's Invincible Iron Man), but that might be about it.
    That had nothing to do with the movies but more about the sliding time scale. Tying him to Vietnam ages Tony in a universe where characters dont age in real time

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That had nothing to do with the movies but more about the sliding time scale. Tying him to Vietnam ages Tony in a universe where characters dont age in real time
    That might've had something to do with it, but I think the movie had a sizable influence on it, considering that Fraction's IM run started just a couple months after the movie came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    They may not totally reboot that often, but they do tend to jigger with their continuity fairly often. As another poster said, Zero Hour shuffled things around a bit, as did Infinite Crisis.

Heck, you could argue that the merging of the pre-Flashpoint Superman and the New52 Superman that happened recently was another shuffling (even if it did just mash the two characters together, essentially).
    that's why I say that Rebirth is a new reboot even if they don't want to admit it, the mix of the 2 superman, WW also has mix of 3 different WW, Pre-flaspoint and new 52 WW was young would be between 18-28 years, but Rebirth WW has more than 100 or 1000 years old... I had heard a rumor that said that within 2 to 4 years DC thought to make a new reboot, taking all the characters to their state before crisis on infinite earths, DC loves the reboots ...

Blue 30 may explain any rift between Tyke and Jeen. He's reluctant to kill normally and deems to be leaning into it even harder now. Being on the other side of the question will hurt him enough. If she uses the bond for an upper hand he'll almost certainly count it as a betrayal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Blue 30 may explain any rift between Tyke and Jeen. He's reluctant to kill normally and deems to be leaning into it even harder now. Being on the other side of the question will hurt him enough. If she uses the bond for an upper hand he'll almost certainly count it as a betrayal.
    Something has to happen for it to make sense. We already have seen Tyke and Bloodstorm on a date and Jeen crying in the rain during Extermination. So it's either related to Jimmy or Magneto's hunt for Emma.

Well, Jeen is far from being as good as Jean. Tyke wants to avoid being like Cyke ... if Jean saw something she wants or should do, but Tyke is against this it is possible that Jeen uses his powers against Tyke to make him do something he doesn't want like she did with Warren. that would explain why Tyke moves away from Jeen and starts dating Bloodstorm, Jeen would be devastated by that, especially because it's his fault to lose Tyke which could explain the image of Jeen crying.

It's just a hypothesis I don't like but it's a possibility that I see quite viable.
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 06-22-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Well, Jeen is far from being as good as Jean. Tyke wants to avoid being like Tyke ... if Jean saw something she wants or should do, but Tyke is against this it is possible that Jeen uses his powers against Tyke to make him do something he doesn't want like she did with Warren. that would explain why Tyke moves away from Jeen and starts dating Bloodstorm, Jeen would be devastated by that, especially because it's his fault to lose Tyke which could explain the image of Jeen crying.

It's just a hypothesis I don't like but it's a possibility that I see quite viable.
    Don't think Marvel would ever do something like that. Whenever there's something wrong with Jott, it's always Scott's fault. That's the Marvel motto. Even if Jean ever does something wrong, it's rarely if ever acknowledged in-universe.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Don't think Marvel would ever do something like that. Whenever there's something wrong with Jott, it's always Scott's fault. That's the Marvel motto. Even if Jean ever does something wrong, it's rarely if ever acknowledged in-universe.
    Actually I was thinking we'd hear shouts of 'another female character destroyed to redeem Scott Summers' despite the fact that Tyke has yet to do anything worse than be a version of Cyclops.

Actually I was thinking we'd hear shouts of 'another female character destroyed to redeem Scott Summers' despite the fact that Tyke has yet to do anything worse than be a version of Cyclops.
    It’s always one or the other, isn’t it?

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I rarely read X-Men books but try to keep up with Tyke and Cyclops updates.

Tyke is still trying to avoid becoming his Adult Self? I don't get why. Tyke grows up to be a confident and effective leader. And he knows he didn't cause any mass destruction of any sort. The only casualty was Xavier but that was due to his mind influenced.

Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I rarely read X-Men books but try to keep up with Tyke and Cyclops updates.

Tyke is still trying to avoid becoming his Adult Self? I don't get why. Tyke grows up to be a confident and effective leader. And he knows he didn't cause any mass destruction of any sort. The only casualty was Xavier but that was due to his mind influenced.

Am I missing something?
    thats not really a part of his characterization in Blue. Hasnt really been since All New X-men

The Adult Scott did cause mass destruction. Xavier was the only hero that died bc of him, but AvX saw him going Dark Phoenix across the world, destroying cities and laying waste as the heroes tried to stop him

Amazing Member

Just wanna share.