Page 2118 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 1118161820182068210821142115211621172118211921202121212221282168 ... LastLast
Results 31,756 to 31,770 of 33258

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    the biggest problem of AvX is how they treated the Phoenix. I see the Phoenix as a character, and he was character assasinated too. The Phoenix doesn't destroy planets for fun, it doesn't destroy every planet on its path when it travels from one point of the universe to another point.
    Yeah that Phoenix thing didn't make any sense too, maybe an unpopular opinion but I really want Marvel to stop using the Phoenix force for a while.

But you know the worst for me is the fact that AVX completely ruined the whole Messiah saga that the X-Office built up since House of M, Marvel should have let the X-Office finish this story instead of doing this crossover. I would have loved a nice twist with Hope that could have redeemed Bishop instead of just a fight with the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah that Phoenix thing didn't make any sense too, maybe an unpopular opinion but I really want Marvel to stop using the Phoenix force for a while.

But you know the worst for me is the fact that AVX completely ruined the whole Messiah saga that the X-Office built up since House of M, Marvel should have let the X-Office finish this story instead of doing this crossover. I would have loved a nice twist with Hope that could have redeemed Bishop instead of just a fight with the Avengers.
    Exactly! You’re not alone in disliking the Avengers office co-opting the narrative that the X-Office had been building.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

but all heroes act like dicks in the crossover events. marvel needs them to act and do dumb stuff for their hero vs hero events.
    it doesn't make sense, i don't see the need to take it serious againts cap.

Astonishing Member

Another thing that doesnt make much sense is how Illyana and Colossus never became wanted criminals who should go to jail.

Namor was almost killed by Black Bolt (he yelled at him) for flooding Wakanda (Black Panther asked him to do it, they trapped Namor), and later, Namor was killed by Hyperion in the Squadron Supreme book for destroying a planet with the Illuminati (later he was resurrected).

Emma and Scott became criminal fugitives. But Peter and Illyana are treated as if they had never been a part of the Phoenix 5

BANNED

Some people condemn Scott for something that happened 30 years ago, others condemn him for something that happened 15 years ago. Some people remember those two cases all the time.

In other words, all these people don't forget the past.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Some people condemn Scott for something that happened 30 years ago, others condemn him for something that happened 15 years ago. Some people remember those two cases all the time.

In other words, all these people don't forget the past.
    Hmmm, I had not seen it from that perspective.
    I suppose you're right

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Do Cyclops fans hate or like Captain America?

i like both characters, they have some good things in common but sometimes i feel some animosity on the topic on these boards
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The general consensus on this thread is that movie Cap is best Cap, animated Cap is still cool, and comic Cap became less of a jackboot thug when he was yelling "Hail Hydra!" At least Stevil was honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Comic Cap isn't allowed to be wrong, no matter what his position is. It's maddening in this age of hero v hero events.
    This.
    I dislike the power creep Captain America has been getting probably since Civil War a decade ago.
    Now he is a full superpowered beign pretty much (and invulnerable because of his shield), in the 80s he was still just a peak human.

In the first Secret Wars event of the 80s, when Wolverine still disliked the Avengers, he asked why was he supposed to accept Captain America as the leader, when he is the least powerful of all the heroes present there (just a peak human).
    Oh, he's still peak human. He has just surrounded himself in almost impenetrable jobber aura. Which is worse than power creep. Funny enough, Wolverine has gotten power creep and jobber aura.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 06-23-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    but all heroes act like dicks in the crossover events. marvel needs them to act and do dumb stuff for their hero vs hero events.
    it doesn't make sense, i don't see the need to take it serious againts cap.
    Except that it's not just crossovers or events for Cap. He's always presented as some one who is always morally superioe, better than everyone when he so clearly isn't. Cap's dickishness and blatant hypocrisy is never ackowledged.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    This.

Oh, he's still peak human. He has just surrounded himself in almost impenetrable jobber aura. Which is worse than power creep. Funny enough, Wolverine has gotten power creep and jobber aura.
    I remember in AvX Captain America holding Sunspot from the neck. Although it may have been a mistake of the artist who didnt know Sunspot's superhuman strength is immensely greater than Cap's (Cap should be just like the best body builders).

I remember in AvX Captain America holding Sunspot from the neck. Although it may have been a mistake of the artist who didnt know Sunspot's superhuman strength is immensely greater than Cap's (Cap should be just like the best body builders).
    That's what having jobber aura means. Beating peaple you have no business even hanging around with.

Though, comic book peak humans are vastly stronger than real life peak humans. Not that it isn't stupid for Cap to be able to beat Sunspot.

I remember Wolverine making fun of Steve when he couldn't even handle a fodder Hand Ninja, LOL!

BANNED

BANNED

Cyclops on the "I Was Right" tour

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Exactly! You’re not alone in disliking the Avengers office co-opting the narrative that the X-Office had been building.
    That's good to know I'm still salty about what Marvel did to Cyke in recent years but I hope he will be back after the O5 are send back in time and treated with respect !

In the meantime, I'm still reading the Cable serie (the current arc is really great) and the next issue will feature Cyke, Jean and a young Cable so it should be awesome
    Last edited by Hush; 06-25-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

A recent commission by Garrie Gastonny