Page 2175 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 117516752075212521652171217221732174217521762177217821792185 ... LastLast
Results 32,611 to 32,625 of 33258

The approach Mark Waid took to Daredevil would be good to apply to Scott.

I think Hickman was making a statement about the nature of Marvel Comics, both in a contemporary sense with Cyclops and generally with the story as a whole. Cyclops’ death to me was an acknowledgment that as the X-books stood, Marvel had forsaken them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    It was Rebirth that made me drop cause of the backpeddling and I was spending up to 50 bucks a month for comics at that point (Just bought new gym equipment with the savings). I'm a play the cards your dealt kind of person. Rebirth felt like they had hide cards up their sleeves, in other words cheating, that why I always say it not what they did, it's how they did it. The How matters. Isn't that why some people hate MoS. The How they did it. Sure It's irrational but the The How matters to people. If you have to resort Magic and Timey Whyme shenanigans (evil shenanigans) to get the desired outcome for your Story then you've already lost the plot IMO. Especially if you have to bring back characters that were already written OUT of the story by other writers.
    I certainly didn’t think Rebirth did Grayson/Nightwing any favors. Whenever those types of reboots happen, priorities become misguided. Look at ResurreXion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I certainly didn’t think Rebirth did Grayson/Nightwing any favors. Whenever those types of reboots happen, priorities become misguided. Look at ResurreXion.
    Rebirth priority was to up sales, since DC sales were through the floor, if anything it succeeded and managed to stay competitive with marvel

BANNED

If there was "a trial of cyclops" can cable fight it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Cable can televise it ...
    I think things between cyclops and Nathan have always been weird, both are very independent from each other because Cyke knows Nathan can handle himself very well and viceversa, while corsair and Scott are more distant. If anything I think cable would arrive is Cyclops asked

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Cable can televise it ...
    I think things between cyclops and Nathan have always been weird, both are very independent from each other because Cyke knows Nathan can handle himself very well and viceversa, while corsair and Scott are more distant. If anything I think cable would arrive is Cyclops asked
    Absolutely he would. They left off on very good terms with each other in Cable and X-Force. At least, I think that's the last time they interacted.

BANNED

Scott and Nathan are very similar.
    It's as if the father became his son and his son became his father.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post

I just read that issue last night.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Rebirth priority was to up sales, since DC sales were through the floor, if anything it succeeded and managed to stay competitive with marvel
    I'm really not sure if they did it, at the beginning it was great, the comics sold a lot, but today two years after the start of Rebirth most of the DC comics sell the same or worse than in the new 52. the only ones that still sell are the comics of Batman (as always) and the big events: Metal, Doomsday Clock ... or the re-releases Superman (Man of steel) or Justice League.
    I currently believe that Marvel continues to sell more than them.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post

I love seeing Scott and Nathan together.

BANNED

If Cyclops does return, I assume he'll be at the forefront of an X-Men team. Who do you think should be on that team? I'm thinking Polaris, Psylocke & Angel for sure. That's a pretty solid foundation I think. If it's a flagship then probably Rogue & Iceman too. Then one or two non-mainstream mutants (Sunfire, Frenzy, Rockslide, Armor etc.)
    I'm gonna be very disappointed if Wolverine or Kitty are on the new X-Men title. They get plenty of exposure as it is. I'd hope that characters already in X-Men Red, Astonishing X-Men or Weapon X won't be in use either.

I'd like to see a good mix of originals and ANAD..

Cyclops
    Psylocke
    Rogue
    Iceman
    Colossus
    and Nightcrawler.

Maybe Beast and or Angel as well.

There shouldn't be any students on the team. That's what the school is for. Scott's a field general. Leading an A team of capable mutants.

If there were any non-mainstream members added... Frenzy or Magik (LOVED their relationship in Bendis' Uncanny [go figure])
    Last edited by cc008; 07-15-2018 at 05:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    If Cyclops does return, I assume he'll be at the forefront of an X-Men team. Who do you think should be on that team? I'm thinking Polaris, Psylocke & Angel for sure. That's a pretty solid foundation I think. If it's a flagship then probably Rogue & Iceman too. Then one or two non-mainstream mutants (Sunfire, Frenzy, Rockslide, Armor etc.)
    I'm gonna be very disappointed if Wolverine or Kitty are on the new X-Men title. They get plenty of exposure as it is. I'd hope that characters already in X-Men Red, Astonishing X-Men or Weapon X won't be in use either.
    Polaris, Sunspot, Cable or Rachel, Armor and Frenzy would be my top choices. I'd put Magik there too, since Scott and her go well together. Maybe Iceman too, Scott needs some of his old friends.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 07-15-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Obviously it should have Eva Bell, Beast, X, Jean Grey and Wolverine in the team that he would lead when he does come back, i know that it would be an instant hit around these board.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Polaris, Sunspot, Cable or Rachel, Armor and Frenzy would be my top choices. I'd put Magik there too, since Scott and her go well together. Maybe Iceman too, Scott needs some of his old friends.
    Iceman is a character I wish we could have seen Scott interact with much more... given how long they've been X-Men (the first 2!) for. Bobby was basically Scott's new younger brother before Havok came back/was introduced into the series. And I think because of how far back their relationship goes, Bobby can do a really good job of keeping things light around Scott. HATED HATED HATED how Iceman acted during the Will and Testament of Xavier and how they got into a fight. BUT then I loved that Bobby was on Scott's Death of X team.