Page 2215 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 1215171521152165220522112212221322142215221622172218 LastLast
Results 33,211 to 33,225 of 33258

Kumo Kagyu of Goblin Slayer.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Kumo Kagyu of Goblin Slayer.
    Maybe for the next extinction-level threat. Thinking on it, he'd do well writing in the Ultimate Verse
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Vox as an honorary X man when? I like that guy more and more every week

Some person SomethingSomethingson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I'm torn between Kamachi (Index, Heavy Object, Waltraute, Intellectual Village, etc), Maruyama (Overlord), and Ryohgo Narita (Baccano! and Durarara!). All three are capable of juggling large casts with world-building, but each have their own strengths.
    Not a bad pick, but I would go with a couple of oldies that have kept me busy when marvel wasn't delivering.

Tabata Yoshiaki who basically created a manga (Akumetsu) about a Multiple Man going on a rampage against evil. Separating himself from the usual sort, by starting with the top brass of the government and those who use their position in power against the common people. There is humor, political drama, teamwork and a lot of entertaining use for protagonists abilities.
    Takashige Hiroshi who managed to adapt a 'what if blind samurai existed in modern era' concept (Until Death Do Us Part). It's Logan mixed with Daredevil, with special forces and secret organizations fighting for control. Military vs gangs vs international assassins vs criminal masterminds vs secret organizations, but main protag just wants to improve his skills with the sword.
    Oku Hiroya as the last, but not in any way least, the creator of Gantz. Before all the RPG isekai crase, there was this simple idea of random people been recruited to fight monsters/aliens. They get equipment and rewards, but have to keep it a secret and jump on command, plus a very high possibility of getting killed. Action, drama, points and pandas. Teams or lone wolfing, this story had it all. If only they have given the mangaka enough time to finish it properly, the thing would have been a masterpiece.

Another fun fact is that you ccan see all those writers improve on their craft as the stories went further. The art, writing and ideas that were revolutionary (atleast for a young mind like mine).

Speaking of all this does make me want to see Cyclops going to another world. Does anyone want to trow some ideas around about a possible DC, topcow, Image or Mignola-verse crossover?
    Last edited by SomethingSomethingson; 08-02-2018 at 02:56 PM.
    Look, this jar of tears isn't going to fill itself.
    Cyclops X-Men Fanfiction Recommendation List

BANNED

When will we get blue #33 preview?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingSomethingson View Post
    Not a bad pick, but I would go with a couple of oldies that have kept me busy when marvel wasn't delivering.

Tabata Yoshiaki who basically created a manga (Akumetsu) about a Multiple Man going on a rampage against evil. Separating himself from the usual sort, by starting with the top brass of the government and those who use their position in power against the common people. There is humor, political drama, teamwork and a lot of entertaining use for protagonists abilities.
    Takashige Hiroshi who managed to adapt a 'what if blind samurai existed in modern era' concept (Until Death Do Us Part). It's Logan mixed with Daredevil, with special forces and secret organizations fighting for control. Military vs gangs vs international assassins vs criminal masterminds vs secret organizations, but main protag just wants to improve his skills with the sword.
    Oku Hiroya as the last, but not in any way least, the creator of Gantz. Before all the RPG isekai crase, there was this simple idea of random people been recruited to fight monsters/aliens. They get equipment and rewards, but have to keep it a secret and jump on command, plus a very high possibility of getting killed. Action, drama, points and pandas. Teams or lone wolfing, this story had it all. If only they have given the mangaka enough time to finish it properly, the thing would have been a masterpiece.

Another fun fact is that you ccan see all those writers improve on their craft as the stories went further. The art, writing and ideas that were revolutionary (atleast for a young mind like mine).

Speaking of all this does make me want to see Cyclops going to another world. Does anyone want to trow some ideas around about a possible DC, topcow, Image or Mignola-verse crossover?
    I had this one idea for a DC Crossover where DP!Cyke manages to rein in the Phoenix long enough to will itself into the DCU ("a place where my loved ones won't get hurt"). The universe-hopping drains the Phoenix just enough for the entire Justice League to take him down. When Cyke comes to, the JL realize he isn't a bad guy--- just someone possessed by a cosmic being (insert Hal Jordan jokes). Everything goes south when a Yellow Lantern Ring tries to make Cyke its wielder. Cue more shenanigans. Eventually, the Marvel side finds their way into DC. The lack of Phoenix in the 616 not only leads to no new mutants being born (and continuation of Decimation but without Cyke), but no new babies being born. Cue Hunt for Phoenix storyline with a reluctant Cyclops who has made a home for himself in the DCU.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I had this one idea for a DC Crossover where DP!Cyke manages to rein in the Phoenix long enough to will itself into the DCU ("a place where my loved ones won't get hurt"). The universe-hopping drains the Phoenix just enough for the entire Justice League to take him down. When Cyke comes to, the JL realize he isn't a bad guy--- just someone possessed by a cosmic being (insert Hal Jordan jokes). Everything goes south when a Yellow Lantern Ring tries to make Cyke its wielder. Cue more shenanigans. Eventually, the Marvel side finds their way into DC. The lack of Phoenix in the 616 not only leads to no new mutants being born (and continuation of Decimation but without Cyke), but no new babies being born. Cue Hunt for Phoenix storyline with a reluctant Cyclops who has made a home for himself in the DCU.
    Loving it, especially the phoenix part, what a nifty way to transport someone to DCU. Only why jump straight into Justice League? Isn't it basically the premise of most Spider-man crossovers, wouldn't you like to read something different? Why not start with something smaller and go with the less used characters first?
    The Phoenix is still what brings Scott there, but why not somewhere remote for ones? Far away from the bigger names and more famous places of this world. Would Summers put another world in danger just to safe his own? Why not also give him some leeway and add a cosmic bad timing into equation. DCU is full of different cults, so would it be out of the question if they were trying to summon a being that could purify this world (for one reason or another) and just so happen to hijack the Phoenix? Wouldn't you also like for him to interact with some of the younger members of this world and not make it overly creepy. So what if (as you pointed out) the transference drains Cyclops so much, that as they are summoned into DCU, Phoenix has to heal/rebuild him from scratch? If we go with an evil cult, there will also be people who come to stop them just in the nick of time. For example Justice League Dark. Constantine and company could interrupt the chanting and accidentally separate Scott/Phoenix before the deed is done. Leaving us with a younger looking Cyclops, misplaced who knows where. Giving him a chance to travel around this new world and meet different people, while he is trying to figure things out. Refraining to contact the Justice League right away, because he is unsure of their true intentions.

Mighty Member

Loving it, especially the phoenix part, what a nifty way to transport someone to DCU. Only why jump straight into Justice League? Isn't it basically the premise of most Spider-man crossovers, wouldn't you like to read something different? Why not start with something smaller and go with the less used characters first?
    The Phoenix is still what brings Scott there, but why not somewhere remote for ones? Far away from the bigger names and more famous places of this world. Would Summers put another world in danger just to safe his own? Why not also give him some leeway and add a cosmic bad timing into equation. DCU is full of different cults, so would it be out of the question if they were trying to summon a being that could purify this world (for one reason or another) and just so happen to hijack the Phoenix? Wouldn't you also like for him to interact with some of the younger members of this world and not make it overly creepy. So what if (as you pointed out) the transference drains Cyclops so much, that as they are summoned into DCU, Phoenix has to heal/rebuild him from scratch? If we go with an evil cult, there will also be people who come to stop them just in the nick of time. For example Justice League Dark. Constantine and company could interrupt the chanting and accidentally separate Scott/Phoenix before the deed is done. Leaving us with a younger looking Cyclops, misplaced who knows where. Giving him a chance to travel around this new world and meet different people, while he is trying to figure things out. Refraining to contact the Justice League right away, because he is unsure of their true intentions.
    In my original draft, Cyke wished to go to a place that can stop him without harming his loved ones; I felt shortening it to a place his loved ones won't get harmed would be more dramatic.

The way the big battle plays out in my head has the entire Super Family fly DP!Cyke to the sun, duking it out there, while the entire Lantern Corps mobilizes thinking Parallax has a new host. I was rolling with Gillen's idea how the Marvel heroes/Colossus cause more fear by doing good than the villains create by being bad. That would have just been the intro though.
    Let your wallet talk.

In my original draft, Cyke wished to go to a place that can stop him without harming his loved ones; I felt shortening it to a place his loved ones won't get harmed would be more dramatic.

The way the big battle plays out in my head has the entire Super Family fly DP!Cyke to the sun, duking it out there, while the entire Lantern Corps mobilizes thinking Parallax has a new host. I was rolling with Gillen's idea how the Marvel heroes/Colossus cause more fear by doing good than the villains create by being bad. That would have just been the intro though.
    But why does it have to be so dramatic? Almost every fic featuring Cyclops usually goes that way. He was already miserable in marvel, so why not let him have some fun in DC? Also why does it have to be a cosmic battle right at the jump? Why not let Cyclops use his mind and all the skill he learned while been an X-men to survive first? Causing fear by doing good is a really great concept, where he rises up as an accidental Godfather of his own City.

Imagine it not as punishment, but a "reward" by the Phoenix. Where it offers him a clean slate to experience life and try all the things he has missed growing up, but Cyclops manages to mess it all up.

Sorry, not sure why it double-posted and I don't know how to delete it now.

Look at it as 'Cyclops explores DC with an occasional companion'. There are cities outside Gotham/Metropolis and wouldn't it be fun to see him getting into situations where he has to use his skills to get out. Even ending some fights with brawn instead of muscle or turning enemies into friends. I know it sounds a little bit shounen jumpy, but there is a reason they are so popular.
    Last edited by SomethingSomethingson; 08-03-2018 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Doublepost.

Sorry, not sure why it double-posted and I don't know how to delete it now.

Look at it as 'Cyclops explores DC with an occasional companion'. There are cities outside Gotham/Metropolis and wouldn't it be fun to see him getting into situations where he has to use his skills to get out. Even ending some fights with brawn instead of muscle or turning enemies into friends. I know it sounds a little bit shounen jumpy, but there is a reason they are so popular.
    You can't delete a post. Only edit it. The site has been crappy for over a week now. It's slow and pretty much every post makes a duplicate post. It's really annoying.

A little suggestion. When you click on 'post quick reply' and if it still takes you to another page, but this time in advanced format, you can scroll down and see all the previous posts. Your post must be there, so don't click on 'post reply' again. Just go back and refresh the page.

Mighty Member

But why does it have to be so dramatic? Almost every fic featuring Cyclops usually goes that way. He was already miserable in marvel, so why not let him have some fun in DC? Also why does it have to be a cosmic battle right at the jump? Why not let Cyclops use his mind and all the skill he learned while been an X-men to survive first? Causing fear by doing good is a really great concept, where he rises up as an accidental Godfather of his own City.

Imagine it not as punishment, but a "reward" by the Phoenix. Where it offers him a clean slate to experience life and try all the things he has missed growing up, but Cyclops manages to mess it all up.

-shrugs- It doesn't have to be dramatic, I suppose, but the idea started while I was reading AvX: Consequences when it was just released...so yeah, it's been burning in my nogging for a while. Add in that I'm crap at writing a happy Cyke even until now, hence the drama-filled fanfics. It was never about punishment, but I wasn't sure where the fic was going, either. The premise was simply placing Cyke in the DCU, away from the Marvel BS, where Cyke can go do Cyke things and maybe shack up with Diana, hence the fanart I had a friend draw that I never got around to finish colouring.

Still, though, I wouldn't know why the Phoenix would think to reward Cyke in the first place. For leading the mutants through Decimation? The Phoenix was coming either way. For keeping Hope alive? Cable did most of the grunt work. Besides, if Cyke was remade and the Phoenix wanted to reward him, then either the Optic Blasts have to go or it gets controlled as most of Cyke's angst stems from that. And, personally, Cyke's self-control makes up a good chunk of his identity.

Why reward Cyke, specifically?

But, eh, if someone wants to roll with this, be my guest. This likely won't see the light of day if it's left with me.

On another note, I also had a Tyke/Supergirl fic in mind where, while Beast was transporting the O5 to the present, Tyke accidentally gets lost in-transit and ends up in the DCU. Originally, I had Tyke appearing when New 52!Supergirl was being attacked during her first issue, but the idea quickly fizzled since I had no idea where to take the story. And then Bendis destroyed my interest in writing Tyke so, again, the plot bunny is hopping around in Limbo with Illyana.
    Let your wallet talk.

I'm curious where folks envision Slim's destination if/when he DOES return to the land of the living.

I mean, given the current X-landscape being one of NOT-dire-extinction-level-trauma anymore, and the respective leadership roles across the line, leadership feels..... off?

So perhaps upon his return he would simply be.... quasi content? Maybe just.... be a dude? At the Mansion? Y'know, if Kitty would allow that?
    Or maybe he'd join his brother's team on their shared quest for redemption/revitalization?
    Or do some father/son globe trotting with Nathan? Time stream shenanigans?

I believe that Scott would acquiesce to both Kitty's and Jean's collective mission statements, without interference, but for a man who dedicated so much of his life to a cause ---??? What does one do when said cause is full steam without him?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm curious where folks envision Slim's destination if/when he DOES return to the land of the living.

I mean, given the current X-landscape being one of NOT-dire-extinction-level-trauma anymore, and the respective leadership roles across the line, leadership feels..... off?

So perhaps upon his return he would simply be.... quasi content? Maybe just.... be a dude? At the Mansion? Y'know, if Kitty would allow that?
    Or maybe he'd join his brother's team on their shared quest for redemption/revitalization?
    Or do some father/son globe trotting with Nathan? Time stream shenanigans?

I believe that Scott would acquiesce to both Kitty's and Jean's collective mission statements, without interference, but for a man who dedicated so much of his life to a cause ---??? What does one do when said cause is full steam without him?
    What I want? Cyke in space doing Marvel Cosmic things. Revive the Starjammers but with a new cast-- like a Legacy thing.

What I envision? Had a plot bunny hopping around where Cyke is already back, doing world-building things. Teaching, sharing technology, solving problems, improving mutant-human relations on the sly. Kinda like during his stint in San Francisco. Only Jean knows he's alive-- she's been in telepathic communication with him this whole time, with no one wiser.

The plot bunny then hops into Little Nightmares territory when Cyke suddenly disappears, causing Jean to break her secrecy and leads her team to Cyke's last known location: The Maw. After horrific mishaps, they eventually find Cyke is alright. Dude even adopted a kid--- some little girl in a yellow raincoat whose stomach keeps grumbling . . . . .

Let your wallet talk.

Since you brought up the Jammers (omg I can't believe I keep forgetting about them, wtf is wrong with me???) I would really enjoy a family get away turned space opera with Scott, Christopher, Nathan, Hope and Rachel. They inevitably find themselves forced with a "continue our vacation or intervene on behalf of the other-worldly downtrodden" and find themselves engaging in 2-3 issue adventures arcs and/or one shots.