Page 2217 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 12171717211721672207221322142215221622172218 LastLast
Results 33,241 to 33,255 of 33258

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Remove leadership from Cyclop's characterization and you end up with Teen Scott. No one wants that

Gold is ending so its looking like Kitty is about to get a demotion. I firmly beleive Jean will lead Uncanny but ever since the 90s relaunch, there's almost always been muliple X-men teams so theres no reason why Scott cant lead his own branch. I mean we currently have 4-5 leaders currently active. Why do people assume Scott would need to take a back seat to Kitty or Jean?
    Rucka Tyke was awesome, and even Bendis Tyke was decent. Hopeless and Bunn Tyke comes across as them not bothering to read what preceded. Or as hatewank. But the point is you can remove Scott from leadership without destroying the character, if the writer actually cares about him.

With all adult Cyclops' experience as a leader, something Tyke doesn't have, can you really see him standing back while others make the decisions? I sure can't.

Besides, even if you could remove the leadership aspect from the character, why would you want to? It's like when Captain America is on an Avengers team and someone else is in charge. It doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Cyke's leadership can be showcased even without the mutants. Have Cyke lead a non-X-Men/X-Derivative team and tackle larger threats/issues, occasionally helping the X-Men when the threat level of their random villain of the arc grows.
    Yes to all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Besides, even if you could remove the leadership aspect from the character, why would you want to? It's like when Captain America is on an Avengers team and someone else is in charge. It doesn't work.
    I understand what you are saying but is a little different.

Steve Rogers isn't a founding member of the Avengers. Nowadays, yes, people look up (and suck up) to Steve but the original leader of the Avengers was Tony Stark and Stark, even being the ******* that he is, can be a decent leader if he puts his mind to it.

Cyclops isn't only a founding member of the X-Men but the 1st X-Men and the first field leader of the team.

Cyclops literally has seniority over every single X-Men that ever existed or will exist. That's not the case with Steve Rogers but I get your point.

I understand what you are saying but is a little different.

Steve Rogers isn't a founding member of the Avengers. Nowadays, yes, people look up (and suck up) to Steve but the original leader of the Avengers was Tony Stark and Stark, even being the ******* that he is, can be a decent leader if he puts his mind to it.

Cyclops isn't only a founding member of the X-Men but the 1st X-Men and the first field leader of the team.

Cyclops literally has seniority over every single X-Men that ever existed or will exist. That's not the case with Steve Rogers but I get your point.

I think it's possible to tell a good Cyclops story even if he's not leading - even if you think he's at his best as a leader, he can do more. And I'm not saying that he has to be away from a team for a long time, but I would argue that he's taken his leadership role with the X-Men as far as it can go for now.

I've had a couple ideas for a while now, that I think only work in the comics medium:

1.) Scott wakes up powerless in a town somewhere and slowly makes his way to New York. His attempts to contact his family and friends fail, but he finally makes it to the city - cue a huge showdown between the Justice League and the Legion of Doom as the cliffhanger.

2.) The X-Men respond to a new mutant losing control of his power, saving numerous civilians, including a little girl that they return to her parents. Her parents are really shaken by the ordeal and proceed to argue about whether they still need the item they have in a small box under their bed. The reader is meant to think that maybe they're arguing about a gun, but what's revealed to be inside is Cyclops' visor.

Double-post.

I have to agree with Jonas here. Leadership is an integral part of Cyclops' character, more than anyone in the X-Men, hell probably more than anyone in the whole Marvel universe. If you remove it, he mostly becomes Cyclops in name only.

BANNED

He's a good enough leader that he knows when not lead

Quote Originally Posted by hokus83 View Post

double post. Oh goddamm, fix the site.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hokus83 View Post
    With leaders like kitty and storm... Likely never

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    With leaders like kitty and storm... Likely never
    What about jean?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

With all adult Cyclops' experience as a leader, something Tyke doesn't have, can you really see him standing back while others make the decisions? I sure can't.

Adult Scott was quite willing to let the X-Men leadership go if it meant that Logan would stop acting like a baby in Schism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Adult Scott was quite willing to let the X-Men leadership go if it meant that Logan would stop acting like a baby in Schism.
    That's not the point. It doesn't matter if Scott is willingly taking a backseat or other character don't want to see him as their leader. If he's on a team and not as a leader, it feels weird. It's like Wolverine with no claws, sure you can come up with some weird reason why he lost them, but why?