Page 237 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 1371872272332342352362372382392402412472873377371237 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 33258

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
    I think I've seen those scans posted here before, didn't realize wasn't just Jean being possessive. You're right, it's so messed up it's hilarious! No wonder Scott has problems in relationships.
    Yes, if he had been given the gift of precognition instead of optic blasts, Scott's Dear Diary entry for that day should have read:

A pretty average Wednesday... Today I was abducted against my will by my handsome winged male teammate. My foster father was very annoyed that I showed signs of thinking for myself instead of blindly obeying his every order. Warren took me to a lonely mesa where no one else could overhear our conversation and I tried to tell him that my girlfriend was scaring me, but then a celestial planet eating force for life, death, and regeneration, who was pretending to be Jean Grey, arrived with a picnic basket, chased Warren away, stole my visor, took control of my optic blasts, and then raped me, telling me to shut up as she did so. Later we had tea.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    The man should be getting epic props for not being crazier, really.
    He really, really, REALLY should.
    Still really, really pissed off that they're killing Logan instead of resolving Schism.

Really wish you guys were kidding about the whole Phoenix force + Cyclops thing because it's so damn weird, but unless it's been written out of continuity Endsong confirms it has a thing for him.
    The Scott focus in attention was a result of the Phoenix being confused after getting blown out of the WHR. Part because Jeans memories have confused it, and I think there was also something about Scotts blasts giving it power/strength.

Jean to Phoenix: "You... We'll understand when we are back in the WHR and have collected all our pieces" or something along those lines. There is no actual creepy phoenix stalker side.

Quote Originally Posted by elgrey View Post
    Yes, if he had been given the gift of precognition instead of optic blasts, Scott's Dear Diary entry for that day should have read:

A pretty average Wednesday... Today I was abducted against my will by my handsome winged male teammate. My foster father was very annoyed that I showed signs of thinking for myself instead of blindly obeying his every order. Warren took me to a lonely mesa where no one else could overhear our conversation and I tried to tell him that my girlfriend was scaring me, but then a celestial planet eating force for life, death, and regeneration, who was pretending to be Jean Grey, arrived with a picnic basket, chased Warren away, stole my visor, took control of my optic blasts, and then raped me, telling me to shut up as she did so. Later we had tea.
    LMAO, I want to read more of Scott's Dear Diary entries.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashan View Post
    The ripped spandex thing is a Summers trait?
    Surely in all this time, they've come across a mutant whose power is to make more durable field uniforms.

Wonder how long Wolverine was sitting there fuming, watching those two sleep.
    After the third hour, "Man, this is really going to pay off once they wake up..."

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    This makes me happy I trusted maself and dared not touch that link

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    It is Reminder writing this, he will Have Scott groveling and apologizing just as the he did with Rogue

Wanda will be surprised again that everyone doesn't love genocidal loons.
    Had not thought of that O.o that Rogue crying to Wanda was sooooooooo lame/gross, and this coming from someone who likes both characters. ;-;

I'm mad now. If Jean could control Cykes optic blasts, unless she was holding them back telekinetically, why not fix the poor guy? It's canon his lack of control is psychological -_-
    I miss vizor-free, multitasking crossword puzzles, books and coffee AvX Scott
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 07-17-2014 at 09:23 AM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops' Optometrist View Post
    Surely in all this time, they've come across a mutant whose power is to make more durable field uniforms.
    I think Jean designed Scott's first costume, so she probably incorporated the Tendency To Rip Provocatively because she had a teenage girl's natural and healthy curiosity. Scott has just never cottoned on to the fact that everyone since has been following Jean's Deliberate Weaker Seams Around Thighs And Nipples pattern when making his costumes for him without wondering why those areas are always made extra flimsy. Whoever made Alex's costume was clearly following an Original Jean Grey pattern, too.

That had better not be a painful or unsightly injury Scott has there! I don't approve of Scott having either of those things, only attractive bruising that doesn't greatly inconvenience him.
    Still really, really pissed off that they're killing Logan instead of resolving Schism.

Good thing their powers don't cause damage to one another.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by elgrey View Post
    Where is Havok's left hand in that picture? Because although the artwork is beautiful and their body shape is great and I can see it's meant to be showing all the good hurt-comfort brothers-helping-each-other stuff, now it looks to me as if Havok's copping a feel and I can't unsee it.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    I like this, despite showing Scott at his worst form (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I like this, despite showing Scott at his worst form (Phoenix)
    Rei, I never!!! It was one of my personal faves. It showed what Scott would do with power: Help all in need (Pax Utopia), show no unnecessary vindictiveness (He didn't go after the Avenger for trying to steal Hope the first time), all while trying to control his newfound powers (As shown in the moon trip, Saving Hawkeye, and his meditation).
    Unless your talking about the costume, which I still love minus the thong :P
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Rei, I never!!! It was one of my personal faves. It showed what Scott would do with power: Help all in need (Pax Utopia), show no unnecessary vindictiveness (He didn't go after the Avenger for trying to steal Hope the first time), all while trying to control his newfound powers (As shown in the moon trip, Saving Hawkeye, and his meditation).
    Unless your talking about the costume, which I still love minus the thong :P
    Partially about the costume.

I am tempted to say why in other ways but I've seen others criticize necessarily on other appreciation threads, and I never want to be associated hypocrisy. So I'll just say AvX was not one of my favorite times for Mr. Summers

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Partially about the costume.

I am tempted to say why in other ways but I've seen others criticize necessarily on other appreciation threads, and I never want to be associated hypocrisy. So I'll just say AvX was not one of my favorite times for Mr. Summers
    I don't know about the other posters, but I don't mind analysis of a character when it's objective and backed by canon. Like Omegastorm was saying before he was banned ( ), not everyone points out Cyke's mistakes. AvX did have a very bad Cyclops, but I do like to see the positives, and I think there's a reason that at the end of the event, Cyke came out the clear winner even when editorial was sooooooo sure the Avengers won that they even released a cover promoting their "Victory"

But to each their own, of course. ^_^

I don't know about the other posters, but I don't mind analysis of a character when it's objective and backed by canon. Like Omegastorm was saying before he was banned ( ), not everyone points out Cyke's mistakes. AvX did have a very bad Cyclops, but I do like to see the positives, and I think there's a reason that at the end of the event, Cyke came out the clear winner even when editorial was sooooooo sure the Avengers won that they even released a cover promoting their "Victory"

Cyclops was right last I checked muwahahaha.

He handled the situation the best that one could and mostly stayed true to the mission.

There, appreciation!