Page 277 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 1772272672732742752762772782792802812873273777771277 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 33258
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by elgrey View Post
    Emma is working with the Avengers in 'Original Sin'. I'm quite confused as to who is okay with working with the P5 and NXS and who isn't at this point.

I think it should Emma and Storm who were charm offensive-ing on behalf of mutant kind at high-priced functions. They could keep Scott in reserve for special occasions.

Agree completely that Real Warren needs to be resurrected ASAP.
    I could go for Emma and Storm being in charge of mutant PR in a JGS-NXS combined initiative with special focus on the movers and shakers of DC via society functions.

Honestly, adjectiveless has been such a damp squib on delivering a good finale to any of its story arcs so far that if it turned into a book where the women of the x-men had to deal with putting out political, social, and media fires through the power of sophistication, charm, and being the smartest people in the room instead of underutilizing their mutant powers in stories that keep fizzling, I'd probably be all for it. At the very least we should get some artists on the book who want the characters to look stunning.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    This is really turning into a who hasn't slept with who type of thing.
    Not quite sure there's much of a point, these days. The canonical parameters are pretty simple:

Does Scott Summers think of you as a bro or a she-bro? Then you haven't slept with the guy.

Does a Not-Scott-Summers x-man think of you as a bro or a she-bro? Then you've either slept with them or the both of you are thinking about it real hard. Ew.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Emma needs to be as far away from Namor as she can
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Scott needs to blast Namor too.
    Namor spent weeks crying under Utopia because Scott's cosmic on-and-off lover hurt his tiny wittle feelings. Looking after Scott's jetpack (lol?) was part of Namor's coping mechanism. Scott would probably just roll his eyes at Namor's bravado and then proceed to ignore the guy.

Emma is working with the Avengers in 'Original Sin'. I'm quite confused as to who is okay with working with the P5 and NXS and who isn't at this point.
    Everyone is totally okay with working with Not-Scott-Summers, basically. Everyone might put up with Scott Summers if they reeeeaaaallly have to, but they'll be whiny and melodramatic about it.

I think it should Emma and Storm who were charm offensive-ing on behalf of mutant kind at high-priced functions. They could keep Scott in reserve for special occasions.
    If they truly care about Scott, they won't, lol. The guy must be sick of dealing with PR.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 08-01-2014 at 06:29 AM.

Illyana is working with the Avengers in Original Sin (they need her teleportation power).

Emma is working (covertly) with some Avengers but Fury is giving the orders.

BANNED

I was surprised to see Teen Cyclops stick up for his older self and tell his dad that his older self need his father too in Cyclops #3. I must say it makes me wonder just how Consair would deal with his son's behavior of almost separating himself from humanity, via Utopia, and almost going against some of Xavier's teachings, via event leading into Avengers vs X-men and even in the aftermath of the event ?

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    We've now got Xavier and Logan both having had kids with Mystique, and Xavier having married her, making Xavier Kurt's stepdad and Rogue's foster dad, and, as Xavier adopted Scott legally, that means Mystique is/was Cyke's stepmother and Kurt is his stepbrother - and would have been David Haller's before Legion hero-ed himself out of existence. Just as well Cyke wasn't the member of the O5 who slept with Mystique. Has anyone told Kurt that he has two more sociopathic half brothers to go with Graydon Creed, yet? And how come Kurt is the nicest guy you could meet and yet everyone he's biologically related to is a raving headcase who eats babies?
    I gotta admit, I'm a bit disappointed Mystique most likely won't be revealed as Robyn Hanover. She could've been working for Xavier (or Sinister, even), but then the Xavier sex happened and they just kind of forgot about Scott until he ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    Perhaps not shaving under his arms is Cyke's current ploy for warding off the Phoenix? He is entitled to be a little gunshy about it coming back for him.
    The Phoenix is the least of Scott's current problems. The poor guy is surrounded by a throng of overpowered, crazed ladies who've seemingly claimed him as an evil ex, a surrogate brother, a potential love interest, a surrogate father or an antagonist. It's weird. It's creepy. The NXS ladies will bust Scott's chops over every single little thing, but they won't let him have a nice conversation with some strange lady they haven't approved of yet.

Now, I wouldn't even dream of suggesting that Scott properly noticed and assessed it, but surely he's picked up on an overall vibe? As if a celestial voice was telling him: "For the love of God, do not, do not date until they've figured out if they're going to let you. Don't even think of running for it, you'll only make it worse."

And that's where the body hair comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I was surprised to see Teen Cyclops stick up for his older self and tell his dad that his older self need his father too in Cyclops #3. I must say it makes me wonder just how Consair would deal with his son's behavior of almost separating himself from humanity, via Utopia, and almost going against some of Xavier's teachings, via event leading into Avengers vs X-men and even in the aftermath of the event ?
    I don't think Corsair being around would have changed Cyke that much. By the time Corsair would have made it to earth, Cyke would have already developed an entrenched personality. Yes, people can change like Scott has been doing, but that came because of survival. Not because he was always some villainous guy or whatever.

What would Corsair deal with, his son is a grown ass man, what Corsair was gonna take him down?
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

I don't think Corsair being around would have changed Cyke that much. By the time Corsair would have made it to earth, Cyke would have already developed an entrenched personality. Yes, people can change like Scott has been doing, but that came because of survival. Not because he was always some villainous guy or whatever.

What would Corsair deal with, his son is a grown ass man, what Corsair was gonna take him down?
    I don't think being an adult stops you needing the love, support, and wisdom of your parents, any more than your parents being dead stops you wanting their advice, and - Philip Larkin's input on the subject aside - I think that's what Teen Scott was pointing out to Corsair. Yes, Scott got on with it, without Corsair, because getting on with it is what Scott does. And Xavier did the best job he could, given his own crappy childhood, to raise Scott to control his mutation and be a decent human being, but that doesn't mean that Scott stopped missing his mother and father or that he wouldn't have felt a lot happier if they had been around. I don't think Teen Scott was suggesting that Adult Scott was inadequate for needing his father or that Corsair was a bad father for not being there. I think he was answering Corsair's assumption that, angry and vengeful as he was feeling at the time, Corsair believed he had nothing to offer Scott (or Alex) and they were better off without him, while Teen Scott was trying to let him know that he had plenty to offer him and that Adult Scott would certainly have been glad to see his dad a lot earlier than he did. Teen Scott, after all, being very well placed to know that.

I think it's a tribute to both Scotts that when they have these conversations with Corsair they don't point out just how very bad they had it without him. I think, even when Scott was angry with his father about their abandonment in UXM #391 he was still wanting to protect him from the full spectrum of what he went through at the orphanage and with Winters. He just doesn't have that "I suffered and now everyone else must pay!" element in his make up that Vulcan clearly did have. Teen Scott might not remember the experiments in the basement or Sinister yet, because of the mental blocks Sinister imposed, but he would remember being bullied and given no emotional support and being abused by Winters. As far as I can remember, Scott has never thrown any of the specifics of his ill-treatment in the orphanage and afterwards in his father's face.

Still really, really pissed off that they're killing Logan instead of resolving Schism.

BANNED

Rucka's Corsair is making me appreciate the ol' swashbuckler a lot more than I used to. He just used to swoop in and do derring-do before, usually morally iffy derring-do at that while Cyke pearl-clutched at him and pouted for 2 mins and then forgave him for abandoning him and Alex in some ridiculously short period of time.

Still find this funny though:

I mean who WOULDN'T rather be a space pirate than deal with teenage kids?

BANNED

I was surprised to see Teen Cyclops stick up for his older self and tell his dad that his older self need his father too in Cyclops #3.
    Agreed. That was a really unexpected bonus and very cool to see. Teen Cyke continues to push the totes adorbs bar higher every time.

I must say it makes me wonder just how Consair would deal with his son's behavior of almost separating himself from humanity, via Utopia, and almost going against some of Xavier's teachings, via event leading into Avengers vs X-men and even in the aftermath of the event ?
    It's hard to imagine anyone who would give less ****s than Corsair about his sons bending a few rules to get a job done. And far from separating himself from humanity, Phoenixed!Cyke worked his shapely butt off trying to change the world so no human would die from war, famine, or thirst. And he's the perfect product of Xavier's teachings, and the best upholder of the torch. Everyone is just foot shuffling and fibbing about who and what Xavier really was right now so they don't have to acknowledge it. I personally think the Avengers were damn lucky Corsair wasn't around when they were trying to murder his son or I can guess where Hawkeye would be wearing that arrow these days.

Man, it's so totally in character and so totally ****ed up that Cyke is happy to crawl into Corsair's lap for a cuddle an hour after the guy's backhanded him to the ground. Why not just wear a t-shirt saying "My Daddy Issues - Let Me Show Them To You", Cyke??

Also, on that happy family outing, don't forget the whole not even knowing how his kid's mutation works or that sunsets don't exactly do a lot for Cyke thang:

Last edited by DakenGirl; 08-01-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Well, this simply means Cyke needs his own space adventure.

Or at the very least a holiday.
    Still really, really pissed off that they're killing Logan instead of resolving Schism.

Or at the very least a holiday.
    I'm not entirely convinced the NXS ladies would let him.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I'm not entirely convinced the NXS ladies would let him.
    I'm voting for Howlett turning up and borrowing Scott by whisking him off to another dimension before anyone at the JGS or NXS can stop him.

He got SO close to getting Scott to run away with him before. Even though Scott was running Utopia, he was perfectly ready to drop everything and head off with Governor General James Howlett.

Perhaps just as well that very few NXS and JGS people know how happy Scott was to toodle pip with Howlett. I've never been convinced that Logan would not be irked by that information.
    Last edited by elgrey; 08-01-2014 at 12:20 PM.

I'd be all for a Howlett and Cyke adventure. Somewhere in some jungle.

I'm voting for Howlett turning up and borrowing Scott by whisking him off to another dimension before anyone at the JGS or NXS can stop him.
    I'm not entirely convinced they wouldn't just track them down and bring Scott back kicking and screaming.

Perhaps just as well that very few NXS and JGS people know how happy Scott was to toodle pip with Howlett. I've never been convinced that Logan would not be irked by that information.
    There's also the part about Scott not wanting to go back when Emma and Storm showed up, lol.

Scott: Wait, I can't go back. Not until I fix this.
    Howlett: Awww, so you're still a good guy. Here, go back to your friends. Because you totally want to.
    Scott: Howlett, NO! You don't get how lame and whiny they......
    Howlett: Wait, what was he saying? I couldn't hear because of the portal thingy. Oh well.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 08-01-2014 at 12:21 PM.