Page 332 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 2322823223283293303313323333343353363423824328321332 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 33258
    BANNED

My favorite X-Men used to Beast now I can hardly stand to look at him

BANNED

I used to like bobby a lot, specially in champions and his tv series with firestar, he was cool and funny. Now he's icedouche that'll freeze your colon with hypocrisy. Thankfully iceboy is here to save the day. It's a shame most of the O5 are shadow of their former selves and that's one of the reason I like cyke, he stayed true to himself despite all the ***** he's been through all these 50 years of x men drama and I'm sure that's the reason the O5 decided to go with him

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Supes and Cyke can't go wrong with them imo. Never did care for Wolvie and Batman whereas at times they have been the most popular.Hell, I don't care for the other top seller which is Spider-Man. John Stewart is my fave Green Lantern, don't care much for Hal. Always did like the boy scout leader.
    You're talking about popularity between supes and bats?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    My favorite X-Men used to Beast now I can hardly stand to look at him
    Yeah Beast was pretty cool in the cartoon, my favorite Beast moment was when they were in apocalypse's ship and while Rogue was trying to calm Warren down, Hank began to try to operate the ship and the ship's computer begins taking to him and they instantly bond and become friends. Apocalypse attacks them and he gets the ship to help them, at the end they defeat Apocalypse but at the cost of the ship crashing into the ocean and it leaves Hank devastated for the loss of a friend.

I used to hated Cyke, but then I read Schism and follow up with a dose of AvX which turn me into a Cyke's fan (plus a JGS's hater). I have a feeling I'm not the only one.
    Last edited by Jenny; 09-06-2014 at 10:02 PM.

Hi guys, I was reading uncanny x-men, and I was thinking that xavier original sin could have been damp cyclops power like he did to Malloy, what do you guys thought? It could explain why cyclops powers are still not working right even after they took dark best? (I don't know if cyclops powers are normal now)

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Certainly true for me. I wonder, how true this is for other Cyke fans?
    I've been a Cyke fan ever since I first saw the cover to Uncanny #201 that Mom bought for me when she was trying to get me to wear my glasses, lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    Hi guys, I was reading uncanny x-men, and I was thinking that xavier original sin could have been damp cyclops power like he did to Malloy, what do you guys thought? It could explain why cyclops powers are still not working right even after they took dark best? (I don't know if cyclops powers are normal now)
    My idea for Proffesor X original sin was that he had a vision from destiny in which he saw that scott was mean't to lead the x men or otherwise the mutant race would go to hell (like AoA), so he decided to contact cyke parents but they wouldn't let him near cyke. At the point charles planned the plane accident so cyke would get separated from his family and he could raise him, but things got out of hand with the whole alien kidnap and cyke junping with alex so he lost track of cyclops. The story follows up with cyke being miserable in the orphanage and then winters until the proffesor managed to fin him 8 years later but it was already too late and he was depressive, had daddy issues, mommy issues and a lot of people abused him, so he spends his life trying to fix that mistake that ruined the boy's life by guiding him.
    Obviously if that were the last part of the will that'd make the whole x men and cyke life a lie, and cyke might tell the truth to tyke so he can live his own life away from the x men.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    My idea for Proffesor X original sin was that he had a vision from destiny in which he saw that scott was mean't to lead the x men or otherwise the mutant race would go to hell (like AoA), so he decided to contact cyke parents but they wouldn't let him near cyke. At the point charles planned the plane accident so cyke would get separated from his family and he could raise him, but things got out of hand with the whole alien kidnap and cyke junping with alex so he lost track of cyclops. The story follows up with cyke being miserable in the orphanage and then winters until the proffesor managed to fin him 8 years later but it was already too late and he was depressive, had daddy issues, mommy issues and a lot of people abused him, so he spends his life trying to fix that mistake that ruined the boy's life by guiding him.
    Obviously if that were the last part of the will that'd make the whole x men and cyke life a lie, and cyke might tell the truth to tyke so he can live his own life away from the x men.
    wow, that's really heavy. Even if he only had something to do with the accident just that could be enought to cause heavy drama. Right now I can't think anything that can top the vulcan secret.

wow, that's really heavy. Even if he only had something to do with the accident just that could be enought to cause heavy drama. Right now I can't think anything that can top the vulcan secret.
    Nothing Xavier has done, even marrying Mystique/the woman who brutally murdered Moira, could ever top Deadly Genesis. The closest you could get would be Xavier mentally keeping Scott from controlling his powers due to Xavier's selfish reasons/needing a leader for his X-Men.
    Same here, as kid I thought wolverine was cool but cyke is a deep character, he seemed boring back then as now I think but he's an approximation of how leaders are in real life, you don't have an avengers immunity or a healing factor, you have to live with the consequences of your actions and face injustice everyday. We can all relate to cyclops because in spite of multiple failures we still keep fighting for what we believe
    I think that's one of the main reasons I've always loved Scott. He wasn't perfect but he owned up to his mistakes and always tries to do the right thing... even if he fails. As a rather sad and lonely teenager in the 90s, seeing that someone with their own massive issues, however fictitious, could find family and friends and happiness [with no less than Jean 'Her Hotness' Grey] was very inspirational. Hell, it still is. I think that's one reason I take all the Cyclops Hate so badly. You're not only dissing Scott, you're dissing the part of me that I see reflected in Scott. That might be taking it far too personally but meh. The fact that the haters are also grossly misrepresenting the facts is also a big problem, too.

The Cable/Cyclops and Corsair/Cyclops unconventional father/son relationships were also dear to me, also for personal reasons. It's odd looking back as an adult and realizing how much the X-Men really helped keep me sane... for a given value of sane.

Damn these Feels! Cable and Cyclops from Uncanny #310! I don't care what anyone says. Scott Lobdell was a brilliant X-writer!

Jean/Scott/Nathan from... somewhere.

Scott/Corsair from Uncanny #391.

Taken completely out of context, that last panel looks very... suggestive.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

How long do you people think it will be before Tyke returns to the planet?

And what will he do when he returns?

And will the O5 ever like somehow be able to travel back to the 60s? It seems almost impossible to imagine with all their changes and future knowledge it could possibly work out... so we have perma-dupe characters now?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Nothing Xavier has done, even marrying Mystique/the woman who brutally murdered Moira, could ever top Deadly Genesis. The closest you could get would be Xavier mentally keeping Scott from controlling his powers due to Xavier's selfish reasons/needing a leader for his X-Men.
    Pretty much this. Jean was hot, Henry was smart, Warren was rich and Robert was a no-no due to him being the youngest. Screwing over the brain-damaged, orphaned army brat is a pretty logical move, when you look at it objectively. The kid has nothing else; of course you'll get the most mileage out of him in the short term.

Mighty Member

Eh, no offense, but I'd take the "Xavier dampened/altered Cyke's powers" over your suggestion 'cause we already have a manipulative Scott Summers-stalker in the form of Sinister Would still be a kick in the nads should yours come true, but luckily, Cyke's got an adamantium pair.

Honestly, I can't take the Will with any amount of seriousness. The current X-Men reads too much like its own continuity rather than building up from past ones. Even the Malloy bit (or whatever that dude's name is) reads like a hamfisted doramallama considering the number of times Chucky's died in the past.

Wolvie's death, though... yawn. Soon as Marvel runs out of stories to tell about his 'legacy', they're bringing him back. I'm giving it two years-- though I probably won't be here by then: the only X-Book I'm reading now is Rucka's Tykeclops. Simply, I literally see incompetent clowns when reading the JGS, and Bendis is writing nothing I'm interested in reading in a way that is uninspiring. I honestly get the feeling his focus is everywhere but at Uncanny.

On an unrelated note, it seems Marvel's go-to method for keeping a character relevant is to kill them. First, Chucky (the anachronism!) and now, Wolvie (the mpd). Jeansus is gonna have a lot more competition soon for the most relevant dead character award Makes me wonder when it'll be Cyke's turn.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I've been a Cyke fan ever since I first saw the cover to Uncanny #201 that Mom bought for me when she was trying to get me to wear my glasses, lol.
    That is so sweet!!!
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    How long do you people think it will be before Tyke returns to the planet?

And what will he do when he returns?

And will the O5 ever like somehow be able to travel back to the 60s? It seems almost impossible to imagine with all their changes and future knowledge it could possibly work out... so we have perma-dupe characters now?
    Everything depends on how his ongoing is doing, and how many issues they're giving the title. I'm thinking a 12 issue run, so prolly sometime next year.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.