Page 337 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 2372873273333343353363373383393403413473874378371337 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 33258

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    It's just annoying how some of her fans has the desire to derail every thread into a Cyclops bashing crapfesh. Seriously, I'm reading the Wanda at JGS thread and there is already a trollbait post on page 1.

These kind of poster are making it really hard for lurker like me to enjoy the X-board.
    Well, you can do what i do, look for a nice place to sit, pass the popcorn and watch the pretty fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Try not to sweat them too much. There is a lot of interesting conversation here and if an overly obsessive fan wants to go up in flames over minor points, well as long as you can keep your perspective it can be kind of funny to watch.
    Yeeh, keeping your head cold and the perspective of what you think is really important in these fórums.

Perfect response to the hate.
    http://www.comicvine.com/x-men/4060-...s-1599757/#174

Need a gif or meme of Emperor Palpatine.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Perfect response to the hate.
    http://www.comicvine.com/x-men/4060-...s-1599757/#174

Need a gif or meme of Emperor Palpatine.
    That's a great thread. Lot of interesting discussions. I was really impressed with the answer someone called BlackArmor gave to the statement that Cyke "treats women like crap". Hope he/she doesn't mind me quoting him/her here but it was just such a good explanation of why that is an unjust simplification. Not a member of that site or I would be giving him/her a thumbs up over there.

http://www.comicvine.com/x-men/4060-...599757/?page=3

He treats women like crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackArmor on ComicVine September Character of the Month 2014 thread
    I've never gotten why people say this when the truth is a lot more complicated. Has Cyclops had a good track record with women? Oh God no. but people act like he travels around on a throne pulled by a group of slave girls when he's just made some bad choices. I'll summaries Cyclops' romantic history as objectively as I can and you can point to me exactly where he "treats women like crap". First he was with Jean and they were genuinely in love, they were so in love that it was honestly detrimental to both characters so when she died not only was he beyond crushed but since his character revolved around Jean he was so screwed up by it that he married Maddie who looked exactly like her and turned out to be a clone. Pre retcon they were just two young people who rushed into marriage so unsurprisingly they fell out of love and spent most of their union trying to save a doomed marriage. Jean came back to life and Cyke wanted to go and see her, note: he didn't want to date her, he didn't want sleep with her, and he didn't want to marry her but just to see if it was really her, case in point even when they were on the same team he was distant from her because he didn't want to betray Maddie. Maddie refused to let him go see her and they had an argument that irrevocably damaged the relationship. You would think that as a Cyclops fan I would prefer the retcon version where Cyclops was exonerated through being mind controlled by Sinister but honestly, I like the original version where neither Scott or Maddie where cackling super villains but instead two young confused people who were having an understandable problem that they both handled equally badly. A lot of people think Cyke just abandoned his wife and kid but it’s worth noting that he always intended to go back and indeed does but they've vanished and he’s appropriately overcome with worry and blames himself to the point of having a full on mental breakdown. Maddie turns evil because she thinks Scott cheated on her, needless to say things end badly, he marries Jean, some stuff happens including Cyke being taken over by Apocalypse and turning evil before being saved. Scott suffers another mental break down because evil and he and Jean grow distant from each other and their marriage stops working. While Cyclops goes to get marriage counseling from Emma Frost Jean tries to cheat on him with Wolverine but Logan turns her down. Emma tries to seduce Cyclops into an affair and succeeds in starting a psychic one but as a non psychic while he knows that he’s doing something wrong he doesn't view it as a full affair and actively resist physically becoming intimate with Emma. Jean finds out and as a psychic views his indiscretion as being as bad as the affair that he had been trying to avoid…then she dies again. Mortified Cyclops refuses to get with Emma out of respect for his dead wife but Jean psychically manipulates him from beyond the grave to force him into the relationship anyway. He stayed with Emma until AVX before they both went insane with Phoenix power forced on them by Tony Stark, Emma has a second psychic affair this time with Namor (and as psychic himself now due to the phoenix force he sees it the same way Jean did and even as a fan I have admit that that's kind of karma) and while being attacked on all sides by the Avengers and X-men he steals her phoenix force fragment either to fight back, out of anger at her, or possibly to spare her from the phoenix’s influence (personally I think the latter is reaching by some over protective Cyclops fans). So in that entire summary of his major romances at no point did he “treat women like crap.” He just made some terrible decisions in his more emotional moments, Marrying Maddie due to grief, storming out (intended to be temporary) during an argument (or If you prefer under mind control), and stealing the phoenix force from Emma when both were under the effects of a cosmic entity and being targeted by about 20 super powered assailants. People never seem to remember that Maddie started the argument where he stormed out, or that Jean tried to cheat on him first, and that Emma cheated with Namor and seems to understand why he did what he did enough to still work with him. I’m not saying that any of that justifies his poor choices but I am saying that your accusation is so grossly oversimplified as to be untrue.

Fantastic Member

I am a huge cyke fan and this thread always tends to make me happy, that post on scott and his problems with women is so damn spot on. So glad he finally gets his own month finally! Maybe when I find some time I can make some more spiffy cyclops avatars

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

So when are we starting this Cyke week?

It's just annoying how some of her fans has the desire to derail every thread into a Cyclops bashing crapfesh. Seriously, I'm reading the Wanda at JGS thread and there is already a trollbait post on page 1.

These kind of poster are making it really hard for lurker like me to enjoy the X-board.
    Jenny, the hate is so real that I'm 75% sure the Cyke/Wanda pairing thread was made as a result of my Wanda at the JGS thread ^_^
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 09-09-2014 at 03:22 PM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Jenny, the hate is so real that I'm 75% sure the Cyke/Wanda pairing thread was made as a result of my Wanda at the JGS thread ^_^
    Time to have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    Bonus scan of Hank saying "Cyclops is...not wrong."

And Ro saying "And just this once...Scott is right."

Editing to add how typical it's become of the JGS that when there seems to be nothing that can be done to save the eradicated human population, Cyke gets told how awful he is for accepting a situation he can't change, and when he proposes they revive a corpse as the only way to learn how to save the human population, he gets told how awful he is for doing that.
    Thank you DakenGirl, much appreciated. Need to save this goodness.
    Goldballs is love. Goldballs is life.

I saw that and laughed.
    And then I saw Sundowner's Black Widow argument and laughed even harder.

It's kinda scary that a X-men fan would support the Witch just to get back at Cyclops. But since the JGS's staffs acts just like that in canon, I suppose their fan just like to RP their favorite characters ?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Anyone else getting the vibe that the ComicVine crew is currently stuck with a bunch of half-written Wolverine articles?

I mean, let's objectively look at the timing and poll options. The Dead!Wolverine storyline starts this month. The poll options are Wolverine, Wolverine's BFF, two women Wolverine publicly adores and, hum, the one guy Wolverine publicly rrrhates. That Cyclopean jerk totally wasn't meant to be the odd man out or anything, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
    This is from the No More Humans graphic novel that was published earlier this year. In it, there's also a scene in which Beast and Wolverine lament the fact that the X-Men might merely be peacekeepers from now on. Maybe they forgot how they spent the last few years whining about Cyclops being a warmongering jerk?

It's kinda scary that a X-men fan would support the Witch just to get back at Cyclops. But since the JGS's staffs acts just like that in canon, I suppose their fan just like to RP their favorite characters ?
    Pretty much, yeah. Maybe one day folks will realize that selling out mutantkind for the sake of sticking it to that one mutant they don't like is... I dunno, kind of a dicey move?
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 09-10-2014 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Anyone else getting the vibe that the ComicVine crew is currently stuck with a bunch of half-written Wolverine articles?
    Cyke can say something like, "there there lil fella," while padding Wolverine on the shoulder.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
    You're welcome, Sundowner!

Cyke can say something like, "there there lil fella," while padding Wolverine on the shoulder.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Hows this for a Cyke Survivor thread?

AOA Cyclops
    Basilisk Cyke
    616 Cyke
    X-treme C-yke
    Cable (AoU)
    Ultimate Cyke
    Mr. S
    Tyke
    President Cyke
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

You forgot the Cyke who fathered Rachel. Must be something amazing about him considering how awesome Rachel is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    You forgot the Cyke who fathered Rachel. Must be something amazing about him considering how awesome Rachel is.
    He married Jean/Phoenix and had a baby girl with her, without Wolverine getting all creepy stalkerish on him and he escaped Grant Morrison. Either he was a total badass or he stole Domino's powers.