Page 422 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 3223724124184194204214224234244254264324725229221422 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 33258
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Just read Uncanny X-men #27. Without spoiling too much, Cyclops once again steps it up and shines in a way that is definitely going to fuel his critics. He also does something that I'm sure is going to upset SHIELD. That's not to say he makes everyone at the Jean Grey Institute look terrible. In many respects, nobody besides Iceman acts like a true villain in this arc. That's part of what makes it enjoyable. But what Cyclops does really makes the issue worth reading.
    Knowing Bendis, my bet's on Deus Ex Talk-Fu. Or some similar asspull.

Anyways. Any news on Axis#2? Are JGS still acting out of character? Any good Cyke moments?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Knowing Bendis, my bet's on Deus Ex Talk-Fu. Or some similar asspull.
    Talk-Fu seems to be one of Cyclops' powers (at least in relation to mutants with out of control powers) so I wouldn't call it an asspull. Living with a power he will never fully control gives Scott a sincerity in those situations no one else can really match. He's done the same thing to Eva in Bendis's run, and to other mutants before.

On a related note, that's what sells me on Eva's attraction to him. When she needed someone the most, Scott was the guy who appeared, and he was (from her perspective) strong and vulnerable at the same time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Talk-Fu seems to be one of Cyclops' powers (at least in relation to mutants with out of control powers) so I wouldn't call it an asspull. Living with a power he will never fully control gives Scott a sincerity in those situations no one else can really match. He's done the same thing to Eva in Bendis's run, and to other mutants before.

On a related note, that's what sells me on Eva's attraction to him. When she needed someone the most, Scott was the guy who appeared, and he was (from her perspective) strong and vulnerable at the same time.
    Eh, by Talk-Fu, I was pertaining to the usual Bendis formula of pointless rehashed back-and-forth banter ending with Cyke spouting a one-liner that completely wins Sparky to end the issue.

When you put Eva's circumstance that way, her crush on Cyke does come off as with-basis apart from Cyke-in-spandex being a head-turner.

Edit: Bendis = Grandmaster of Talk-Fu. On that note, I'mma gonna find something to eat now.

Long day + work not yet over + last meal just a little under 8 hours ago = me with jumbled thoughts and minimalist explanations, sorry.
    Last edited by xiyon; 10-15-2014 at 04:53 AM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Eh, by Talk-Fu, I was pertaining to the usual Bendis formula of pointless rehashed back-and-forth banter ending with Cyke spouting a one-liner that completely wins Sparky to end the issue.

When you put Eva's circumstance that way, her crush on Cyke does come off as with-basis apart from Cyke-in-spandex being a head-turner.
    I'm pretty sure that Cyke-in-spandex being a head-turner doesn't hurt either.

Well, yeah, snark-fu being used to change things is pretty lamer unless it is used as part of a 'reason-you-suck' speech.

Plus....Scott? Banter? Spouting one-liners? I'd say I don't want to see Bendis take Scott through what X-23 is going through under him now, but he got that treatment under Morrison years ago anyways. Too late to hope against that.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Oh, boy. Just read UXM #27 myself - I think I'll give myself a little vacation from the boards until the inevitable explosion of "Grrrrclops!" bile ebbs a little.

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    Oh, boy. Just read UXM #27 myself - I think I'll give myself a little vacation from the boards until the inevitable explosion of "Grrrrclops!" bile ebbs a little.
    omg omg omg review/summary?
    Or if you're so inclined to spill those UXM beans via private message I'll take that as well if its on the menu?

I opted for the latter as I am on my phone and cannot manage spoiler tags.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Just read Uncanny X-men #27. Without spoiling too much, Cyclops once again steps it up and shines in a way that is definitely going to fuel his critics. He also does something that I'm sure is going to upset SHIELD. That's not to say he makes everyone at the Jean Grey Institute look terrible. In many respects, nobody besides Iceman acts like a true villain in this arc. That's part of what makes it enjoyable. But what Cyclops does really makes the issue worth reading.
    Just got done reading UXM 27 and that is an excellent summary (as usual with your past reviews)

FKing LOVED This Issue! There is an independence to this one. Also, I wonder what spoilers:
    Maria was doing when she reached for her belt. Was she talking to Cyclops in private?
    end of spoilers

Q3ljbG9wcyBpcyByaWdodA== hqt4991's Avatar

You guys are such jerks for hyping the story. I still have 2 hours to go and I'm counting down by the seconds.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Me neither...the only love interest I've ever like for Wolverine was Mariko...everyone else generally feels forced and just used to prop him up as a babe magnet (which makes no sense).
    I agree with you about Mariko. I never understood the ideal of Logan as a babe magnet, especially when writers felt it made no sense for Peter to date a supermodel.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Just got done reading UXM 27 and that is an excellent summary (as usual with your past reviews)

FKing LOVED This Issue! There is an independence to this one. Also, I wonder what
    That was a fantastic issue.
    And that last page is indeed gonna start a sh!tstorm on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    spoilers:
    Maria was doing when she reached for her belt. Was she talking to Cyclops in private?
    end of spoilers
    I think she was turning off an on her bubble thing from her pocket.
    Last edited by anthony_lynch15; 10-15-2014 at 08:38 AM.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    That was a fantastic issue.
    And that last page is indeed gonna start a sh!tstorm on the boards.
    Anyone else afraid to actually start a review thread?

Anyone else afraid to actually start a review thread?
    Start it here. No rrrrrhate.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Other than the ending, the part where Cyke grabs Storm when the ship was being destroyed brought such joy to me. I think we all know why.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.