Page 43 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753931435431043 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    His Cyclops was fantastic. He really paved the way for the Utopia's General Cyclops.
    Indeed. Sadly, the other, who paved this way (after), didn't do it fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    @DakenGirl: Are you planning to cover those few, yet exquisite Wolvie/Cyke/Brand moments from Astonishing?

Logan getting pissy after Brand said something mean to Scott was all kinds of cute. Same goes for Logan getting jealous when Scott threatened to murder Brand.
    First, some Emma b*tch*ng about Wolvie, because that always pleases my Scogan-loving heart. Clearly, the perceptive and telepathic Emma knows that Wolvie is a potential rival for Cyke's affections. (Emma sleeping in her underwear is ridiculous but I'm blaming the comic code for that, although I would like a law passed that any guy who insisted on any code of practice that involved protecting the rest of us from the horrifying sight of female nipples has to sleep in an underwired bra for six months just to see what that actually feels like. Code-making guys, Cyke's nipples are right there - other than that he can't lactate with them so his clearly have no purpose except to tantalize people sexually what is the frickin' difference?)

And I enjoy the aghast look on Cyke's face as Wolvie gets hurtled towards possible doom as that shows that Emma has a reason for her jealousy of their rad bromance:

BANNED

Whendon's Astonishing X-Men still remains my favourite run ever.
    His Cyclops was fantastic. He really paved the way for the Utopia's General Cyclops.
    Me too on Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. It is a deserved classic. They should just have made a movie of it instead of borrowing the cure part for XM3. Loved his characterization for pretty much everyone and it was so well structured. His Cyclops was a standout though.

Also those X-Factor scans are nuts.
    Scott & Jean are crazy people.
    Marvel were just paving the way for Cyke's next lovers' tiff:

BANNED

Scott Summers and Abigail Brand have a minor difference of opinion about jurisdiction in Warren Ellis's Astonishing X-Men #27 (Ghost Boxes), with art by Simone Bianchi. (Loved all his artwork but his Storm was particularly gorgeous.) Wolvie and Beast chip in:

Quote Originally Posted by dakengirl View Post
    scott summers and abigail brand have a minor difference of opinion about jurisdiction in warren ellis's astonishing x-men #27 (ghost boxes), with art by simone bianchi. (loved all his artwork but his storm was particularly gorgeous.) wolvie and beast chip in:

i'm mad as h&%l and i'm not going to take this anymore!

BANNED

I like the fact that Brand and Cyke actually work together pretty well, not least because they're so similar, and do manage to get along even after screaming at each other:

BANNED

Also from Ghost Boxes, I thought these were interesting exchanges from a pre-Utopia and pre-Schism perspective, because, even though these discussions take place even before Cyke and Hank's break-up after Utopia it already feels like there is foreshadowing for that and for All-New X-Men:

While from the opposite POV regarding Cyke and Wolverine's fall out in Schism, this does a sort of reverse foreshadowing, because Wolverine is taking almost the opposite role here in mentoring Hisako that he does with Idie in Schism. So, even though Schism was in 2011 and ANXM was in 2013, it felt to me re-reading this that Schism - which I enjoyed at the time - still seems more out of nowhere - even factoring in Wolverine Goes To Hell - than Hank deciding to pull the O5 forward from the past as part of an already established need on his part to get Cyke to remember his past idealism. And with Hank not necessarily realizing that he is less objective on the matter of their lost innocence and possibly lost sanity than he realizes:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    i'm mad as h&%l and i'm not going to take this anymore!
    Oh no! Is that an area thing or are they not showing up for other people too? I never figured out how to upload images except by putting them on imgur. Is there an image hoster that usually works for you, AJpyro? I can try to upload it to that instead.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

I love X-Factor, it's one of my favorite runs ever. Going back and rereading the whole run after Jean's death, Schism, Bobby deciding to dress like a 14 year old, NuAngel, and Beast becoming a villain is just heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Neowing View Post
    Omg imo this is seriously THE best costume for Cyclops!

it's cool, but the chest is too nightwingish, and the ears are weird uncovered, they should be covered, and the color scheme could correspond better.
    Last edited by Craig Zlitscht; 05-10-2014 at 02:59 PM.
    IN CYCLOPS WE TRUST.
    Cyclops fans, stay true, stay humble, stay strong.

The Astonishing arc from 44-48 had come nice Wolvie/Cyke moments.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
    I love X-Factor, it's one of my favorite runs ever. Going back and rereading the whole run after Jean's death, Schism, Bobby deciding to dress like a 14 year old, NuAngel, and Beast becoming a villain is just heartbreaking.
    It is heartbreaking! They were all so close and they were such a strong family unit. I still keep hoping that we will get Jean back some day, and the real Warren, even if he's the Warren who is also Archangel, and I am broken-hearted about Scott and Henry's friendship being so comprehensively pulverized.

I am very grateful for All-New, where at least we get to see the five of them still together (at least until Teen Scott went off with Corsair and that is a book that seems so full of joy and hope that I can't object to the separation), and sane, and alive, and still loving one another like family the way they did during X-Factor.

When Claremont was writing Uncanny and when Simonson was writing X-Factor I never doubted for an instant that these people loved each other. Almost every issue had a scene that was about one of them lending emotional support to the other or showing concern for someone else's well-being, or someone having a heart-to-heart. They were still full of exciting, plot-driven story arcs, but there was so much heart in the storytelling and so much a sense of the X-Men (or X-Factor) being the best and sometimes the only family that these damaged heroes had ever known. I really do miss them loving each other that much and that openly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    The Astonishing arc from 44-48 had come nice Wolvie/Cyke moments.
    Do you mean the Exalted arc by Greg Pak where Cyke meets AU Wolvie, Howlett? Because that was the best IMO. It really helped after Schism to have that out there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    While from the opposite POV regarding Cyke and Wolverine's fall out in Schism, this does a sort of reverse foreshadowing, because Wolverine is taking almost the opposite role here in mentoring Hisako that he does with Idie in Schism. So, even though Schism was in 2011 and ANXM was in 2013, it felt to me re-reading this that Schism - which I enjoyed at the time - still seems more out of nowhere - even factoring in Wolverine Goes To Hell - than Hank deciding to pull the O5 forward from the past as part of an already established need on his part to get Cyke to remember his past idealism. And with Hank not necessarily realizing that he is less objective on the matter of their lost innocence and possibly lost sanity than he realizes:
    Sensing gaping plot holes several years in advance, I knew Warren Ellis was psychic.

On a serious note, I really enjoyed his Astonishing X-Men run, don't get the hate.

Astonishing Member

So how is No More Humans? Does Cyke (adult) do anything?