Page 487 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 3874374774834844854864874884894904914975375879871487 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 33258

Lol, Cyke beating people up at a bar, and LOL at not mentioning Rachel. I <3 Cyke.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    LOL at not mentioning Rachel. I <3 Cyke.
    She's Rachel. Nuff' said.

Q3ljbG9wcyBpcyByaWdodA== hqt4991's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    The sad thing is, we can totally assume from this panel that Scott remembers/thinks of Jean as faithful and that whatever she had to say about trust was worth a damn.
    Yeah, that affair was a huge mindf*ck for everyone involved. One thing for sure though, nobody came out of that innocent.

MMMOOORRRIIISSSOOONNN!!!!

She's Rachel. Nuff' said.
    That's mean. True, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by hqt4991 View Post
    One thing for sure though, nobody came out of that innocent.
    I'm totally fine with that. My main issue is that Jean/Logan will never ever fess up to their BS and publicly set the record straight. They're totally okay with everyone thinking that Scott is the sole bad guy. What makes it even worse is that they're both acutely aware that Scott has been conditioned/taught to take responsibility for everything and yet they're shamelessly taking advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hqt4991 View Post
    That's mean. True, but still.
    Bah, Rachel is a snoop. It's totally fair to assume she knows of Logan's shenanigans during Consequences and hasn't done jack about it. Not even bothering with a proper redheaded step-child joke seems like fitting retribution.

Am I missing something, cause I don't remember Jean cheating on Scott (aside from their one panel kiss). Is that what everyone's referring to?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    Am I missing something, cause I don't remember Jean cheating on Scott (aside from their one panel kiss). Is that what everyone's referring to?
    She didn't but only because Wolverine stopped her because she was hung up on Scott (as if a moment of weakness like that wasn't exactly what he's been angling for for years)...and there have been quite a few of those kisses over the years too (some even right in front of Scott)...and it's not a secret...everyone knows about it but Scott is the only one that gets blamed for being unfaithful.

Spectacular Member

i think a big reason for cyke haters is, a very vocal part of x-fans grew up reading claremont where storm was the de facto leader and scott kept leaving the team. they kinda grew up considering him worthless, so any comics work that presents him otherwise kinda ruins their childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    and there have been quite a few of those kisses over the years too (some even right in front of Scott)...and it's not a secret...everyone knows about it
    Do they, though? Everyone carries on as if Wolverine would kiss/flirt with Jean in front of Scott, but never actually go behind Scott's back because he's such a straightforward, honorable (lol) samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikaze View Post
    i think a big reason for cyke haters is, a very vocal part of x-fans grew up reading claremont where storm was the de facto leader and scott kept leaving the team. they kinda grew up considering him worthless, so any comics work that presents him otherwise kinda ruins their childhood.
    Of course it does. There's a reason some of us are pimping a Cyclops/Storm hook-up.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kikaze View Post
    100%. why do you think they pine over Boy Scout Scott? When in his neutured state, any other X-man seem competent, because he doesn't show them how it's done. But when Cyke regains his confidence and leads the whole damn race from extinction to flourishment, they can't handle it. Beast certainly couldn't. Hell, remember, he lost to Storm for leadership because he didn't want to optic blast her face off. Had it been him vs Storm for, say, the survival of the mutants, at stake at that moment, she'd be splattered over the wall, since he'd both have his vision and his optic blasts unrestrained.
    Oh, and Maddie tripping Cyke out, but since it doesn't make Scott look bad, watch how quickly they try to brush off that canon lol
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 11-05-2014 at 02:51 PM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Had it been him vs Storm for, say, the survival of the mutants, at stake at that moment, she'd be splattered over the wall, since he'd both have his vision and his optic blasts unrestrained.
    No, no, no. Cyclops' tactics have evolved. He would just tell Ororo she's the most awesome sentient being ever and give her a mirror.

Super quick and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Well 1 out of 4 is...wait that's bad. That's not even half right. Man this is bad.

I'm not sure how I feel about that "I broke everything" page. I can appreciate it to a certain extent (as a one off thing), but at the same time I don't want to see Scott feeling guilty all the time when he's been consistently making the right calls for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Well 1 out of 4 is...wait that's bad. That's not even half right. Man this is bad.
    Wait, what do you mean 1 out of 4?

Jean totally trusted Scott to never ever have adulterous fun of his own.
    Chuck totally had faith that Scott would go down without a fight and sell out mutantkind.

Sure, Scott might not think of their intentions as such, but he is technically right.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 11-05-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

Do they, though? Everyone carries on as if Wolverine would kiss/flirt with Jean in front of Scott, but never actually go behind Scott's back because he's such a straightforward, honorable (lol) samurai.
    The funny thing is Morrison is actually just about the only writer who ever actually wrote Wolverine that way...when it comes to Jean, he has virtually no regard for Scott when anyone else writes him, especially Claremont. Even Claremont has written scenes with other X-Men wondering what's going on there.

Spectacular Member

Default this is his thing though...

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about that "I broke everything" page. I can appreciate it to a certain extent (as a one off thing), but at the same time I don't want to see Scott feeling guilty all the time when he's been consistently making the right calls for so long.
    He totally would only see his mistakes. He was willing to kinda deal with what Charles and Logan did wrong when they were alive, but once they died, the rules changed.

In my head this is part of his power set. The geometry ability which helps him perfectly bounce shots shows him all the angles, but it never stops, he's constantly seeing angles, things he could have done, stuff he missed, and it drives him crazy.