Page 524 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 2442447451452052152252352452552652752853457462410241524 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 33258
    Q3ljbG9wcyBpcyByaWdodA== hqt4991's Avatar

*CBR user hqt4991 wakes up*

*Checks Cyclops thread*

*Sees Eva meet Rachel fanfic*

*Swoon*

Seriously, soccer practice? That's just gold.

And how did Janet and Alex end up at the NXS? Not AXU isn't it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hqt4991 View Post

*Checks Cyclops thread*

*Swoon*

Alex had to go somewhere after the Avengers figured out he's as useless as all the X-Men already knew he was...and Jan was probably just bored.

Quote Originally Posted by hqt4991 View Post

*Checks Cyclops thread*

*Swoon*

Well after Axis someone has to take them in. Either the astonishing avengers or big bro Cyke

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by borismortys View Post
    Well after Axis someone has to take them in. Either the astonishing avengers or big bro Cyke
    I don't think there will be an Astonishing Avengers...I figured that would be the second Uncanny Avengers series but, since it's not, I think it's just an AXIS thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    This is GOLD.

Ill start a new thread on the X-Boards with the preview. I love how they keep referring him as "Scott Summers' instead of "Scott"
    The way they refer to him as Scott Summers works when they say it occasionally.But when they say it 5 times in one conversation it just reads as silly.
    Great preview though.
    Not sure if Hank is hitting the table because Cyclops is right, or because he's lost faith in the world.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    The way they refer to him as Scott Summers works when they say it occasionally.But when they say it 5 times in one conversation it just reads as silly.
    Great preview though.
    Not sure if Hank is hitting the table because Cyclops is right, or because he's lost faith in the world.
    Hank has been in such levels of rrrrhate recently that Scott being right beyond his ability to headcanon away is exactly what would cause him to lose faith in the world.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Great preview though.
    Hank wrecked the time-space continuum when he brought the 05 and had a hand destroying alternate universes. No problems there.

Realizing Scott Summers is right put him in tears and then he went ape-shit.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 11-13-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Am I the only one totally digging it? They keep saying Scott's full name as if repeating it would somehow make the man less right, lol. Kinda like a reverse Candyman, I guess?

Anyway. Pitch-perfect characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Hank has been in such levels of rrrrhate recently that Scott being right beyond his ability to headcanon away is exactly what would cause him to lose faith in the world.
    Beast: "I'm the nicer guy! I make people feel good about themselves! I can't be wrong! Scooooootttt!!!! Summmeeeeerrrrsss!!!"

Poor guy. You'd think he would've picked up on the fact that being "nice" has no correlation whatsoever with being right. Oh well.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 11-13-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Am I the only one totally digging it? They keep saying Scott's full name as if repeating it would somehow make the man less right, lol. Kinda like a reverse Candyman, I guess?

Anyway. Pitch-perfect characterization.
    It just reminded me of watching an episode of 24. Jack Bauer this and Jack Bauer that

It just reminded me of watching an episode of 24. Jack Bauer this and Jack Bauer that
    Whenever I think of 24, I think of Jack Bauer unceremoniously hanging up the phone and saying something to the effect "There's no time to explain!"

Scott totally needs to start pulling this crap on Emma for the lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Hank wrecked the time-space continuum when he brought the 05 and had a hand destroying alternate universes. No problems there.

Realizing Scott Summers is right put him in tears and then he went ape-shit.
    So we're going for option # 1 then - Cyclops was right - grrrr SMASH!

I liked it until this preview, where it just read as stupid.
    Before that it read as them trying to distance themselves from him and make him sound like a villian or something.
    (like the press does when they refer to criminals by their full name)
    But when it get's repeated like this my common sense kicks in and says "who the hell would speak like that!!!!"

Whenever I think of 24, I think of Jack Bauer unceremoniously hanging up the phone and saying something to the effect "There's no time to explain!"

Scott totally needs to start pulling this crap on Emma for the lulz.
    "There's no time to explain" is the catchphrase of every single superhero ever.
    Especially the X-Men!
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

"Emma, I'm sending Illyana over to get several old things from storage. It's an emergency, the fate of a world is at stake!"

"Scott, she's grabbing the old set of handcuffs, the, the, THAT's OUR OLD 'TOY' TRUNK!"

"There's no time to explain!"
    Dark does not mean deep.

The ultimate Emma trolling would be if Matthew messed around with Cyclops' powers and unlocked a secondary mutation mirroring Emma's.

Give it a week or two and Scott will spend most of his time walking around in ruby form, not even bothering with the excuses/catchphrases anymore.

The ultimate Emma trolling would be if Matthew messed around with Cyclops' powers and unlocked a secondary mutation mirroring Emma's.
    Give it a week or two and Scott will spend most of his time walking around in ruby form, not even bothering with the excuses/catchphrases anymore.
    Worse... Scott can turn himself into organic adamantium. Oh, the psychological implications.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Worse... Scott can turn himself into organic adamantium. Oh, the psychological implications.
    He could go hang out with Wolverine as a lawn ornament.