Page 529 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 2942947951952552652752852953053153253353957962910291529 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 33258

Wtf do you mean he hasn't paid for anything? Being the black sheep of the hero World isn't enough?
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    So much head cannon it hurts...
    Scotts paid harder than any hero in the Marvel Universe for going ever so slightly dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Wtf do you mean he hasn't paid for anything? Being the black sheep of the hero World isn't enough?
    And to think Cyclops didn't even hit on one of his buddies' girl/boyfriend.

Can you imagine? We'd have angry mobs with torches and pitchforks

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It's really quite simply actually, and it has nothing to do with Logan. I was just meaning that she could say that when she pushed Scott and Emma together that she thought that was going to make everything better and expected him to do something else than what he's done since her death, the being with Logan part was only that it would show that she hadn't meant that she still wanted to be with him, that it wasn't jealousy or something of that nature being behind her words but something more...and no Logan/Jean is not a pipedream or something that's past, as for the head cannon stuff...it's more that Scott really hasn't had to pay for anything that he's done wrong and that he seems to have a quick and easy out each of those times and that Marvel is pushing him far more than anybody else.
    It is still hilarious to see a Wolverine fan complain that Marvel is pushing another character too much. Especially when that character only regularly appears in ONE BOOK.

As for Scott not paying for anything he's done wrong, where do you come up with this stuff? He's got a couple dead wives, been vilified by half the Marvel Universe, is essentially an outlaw, blames himself for everything including things that aren't at all his fault, and actually was in jail and almost died there. The reason he usually has a "quick and easy out" for the few really bad things he does is because he wouldn't do anything that bad without possession, mind control, manipulation, etc. And it's funny that I've seen you bringing up his inversion in AXIS as another excuse even though he hasn't actually don't anything bad in that story yet...and a bunch of other popular X-Men are inverted and standing right beside him...and, you can bet, if Marvel hadn't decided to kill off your guy he'd be one of the inverted too and doing something horrible...but, even then, you'd probably still be calling it Cyclops' excuse.

How exactly has Wolverine paid for anything bad that he's done? When was he ever put on trial? When was he put in jail? How about when he killed Northstar? He was brainwashed but that seems like a "quick and easy out" and they even made Northstar a bad guy for a while afterwards to let him off the hook. How about the massive body count he has from times he wasn't brainwashed or possessed? Because Scott doesn't have that. Where's the massive hatred from other X-Men for the horrible things Wolverine has done? Nightcrawler should hate him for keeping X-Force going alone. EVERYONE should blame him for essentially starting AvX by flat out lying to Cap to make him attack Utopia. You have a double standard here...you're fine with characters doing bad things and getting away with it as long as it's your preferred character...and you're fine with Marvel pushing a single X-Man harder than the rest as long as it's your guy.

As for your little scenario where Jean/Wolverine is just a minor detail, I'm gonna call BS. I've seen enough of your posts to know that's what you want to happen with the characters more than anything and it's the whole point of the scenario for you...you don't like Cyclops and your pissed that your guy didn't get the girl (and probably never will) so you want to concoct a goofy scenario where the girl comes back, tells Scott he's evil, and rides off into the sunset with Wolverine...because there's NO bias showing in that pipedream at all.
    Last edited by grinningdemon; 11-14-2014 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    As for your little scenario where Jean/Wolverine is just a minor detail, I'm gonna call BS. I've seen enough of your posts to know that's what you want to happen with the characters more than anything and it's the whole point of the scenario for you...you don't like Cyclops and your pissed that your guy didn't get the girl (and probably never will) so you want to concoct a goofy scenario where the girl comes back, tells Scott he's evil, and rides off into the sunset with Wolverine...because there's no bias showing in that pipedream.
    Eh, I'm cool with Jean/Logan being written as petty, spiteful douchebags and riding off into the sunset.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Eh, I'm cool with Jean/Logan being written as petty, spiteful douchebags and riding off into the sunset.
    Wolverine is petty, spiteful douchebag enough without dragging Jean into it.

Wolverine is petty, spiteful douchebag enough without dragging Jean into it.
    I dunno. Remember when she told Scott she liked the name of the school while he was getting his ass kicked by mutant sellouts during AvX?

Scott has been a pretty good sport about it, considering.

Mighty Member

It is still hilarious to see a Wolverine fan complain that Marvel is pushing another character too much. Especially when that character only regularly appears in ONE BOOK.
    I hear ya. Cyke's in one book with zero impact while the backstabbing mutt's death has spawned more garbage and retcons. Cyke sure is shoved down our throats, eh?

As for Scott not paying for anything he's done wrong, where do you come up with this stuff? He's got a couple dead wives, been vilified by half the Marvel Universe, is essentially an outlaw, blames himself for everything including things that aren't at all his fault, and actually was in jail and almost died there. The reason he usually has a "quick and easy out" for the few really bad things he does is because he wouldn't do anything that bad without possession, mind control, manipulation, etc. And it's funny that I've seen you bringing up his inversion in AXIS as another excuse even though he hasn't actually don't anything bad in that story yet...and a bunch of other popular X-Men are inverted and standing right beside him...and, you can bet, if Marvel hadn't decided to kill off your guy he'd be one of the inverted too and doing something horrible...but, even then, you'd probably still be calling it Cyclops' excuse.

How exactly has Wolverine paid for anything bad that he's done? When was he ever put on trial? When was he put in jail? How about when he killed Northstar? He was brainwashed but that seems like a "quick and easy out" and they even made Northstar a bad guy for a while afterwards to let him off the hook. How about the massive body count he has from times he wasn't brainwashed or possessed? Because Scott doesn't have that. Where's the massive hatred from other X-Men for the horrible things Wolverine has done? Nightcrawler should hate him for keeping X-Force going alone. EVERYONE should blame him for essentially starting AvX by flat out lying to Cap to make him attack Utopia. You have a double standard here...you're fine with characters doing bad things and getting away with it as long as it's your preferred character...and you're fine with Marvel pushing a single X-Man harder than the rest as long as it's your guy.

As for your little scenario where Jean/Wolverine is just a minor detail, I'm gonna call BS. I've seen enough of your posts to know that's what you want to happen with the characters more than anything and it's the whole point of the scenario for you...you don't like Cyclops and your pissed that your guy didn't get the girl (and probably never will) so you want to concoct a goofy scenario where the girl comes back, tells Scott he's evil, and rides off into the sunset with Wolverine...because there's NO bias showing in that pipedream at all.
    Double-standard is pretty much Wolvie's M.O. That, and headcanon. Wolvie doesn't like it when people aren't acting like what he wants them to be, after all.

Kinda a huge disservice to Jean that she's written petty for a mutt's pipedream, but... still no. At the very least, Jean shouldn't end up with a guy that smells like piss-- and I'm pretty sure that's canon.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

...and now the Villains Poll has turned into another RRRRHATE thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

I dunno. Remember when she told Scott she liked the name of the school while he was getting his ass kicked by mutant sellouts during AvX?

Scott has been a pretty good sport about it, considering.
    Well, she's also appeared from the white room to save his ass a couple times too (and was arguably trying to help him there too) so I'm willing to let that slide...but AvX was also horribly written so...

Jean's still looking out for our Scott. Even Grant Morrison can't kill true love.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    ...and now the Villains Poll has turned into another RRRRHATE thread.
    I love that one of Cyke's biggest defenders in that thread is a huge Storm fan.

Well, she's also appeared from the white room to save his ass a couple times too (and was arguably trying to help him there too) so I'm willing to let that slide...but AvX was also horribly written so...
    Jean came off as caring/helpful in the main book. Jean came off as petty, spiteful troll in the Gillen issue. If we're trying to canonically reconcile both iterations, the most logical explanation would be that Caring!Helpful!Jean was Scott's delusional fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Jean's still looking out for our Scott.
    Well, yeah. She needs a go-to guy in case her other "romantic" endeavors don't quite pan out. Refer to X-Men Forever.

Well, yeah. She needs a go-to guy in case her other "romantic" endeavors don't quite pan out. Refer to X-Men Forever.
    I thought it was agreed that Claremont's X-Men Forever was never to be mentioned again.
    I now always think of this X-Men Forever when that title is mentioned.
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-15-2014 at 12:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Jean came off as caring/helpful in the main book. Jean came off as petty, spiteful troll in the Gillen issue. If we're trying to canonically reconcile both iterations, the most logical explanation would be that Caring!Helpful!Jean was Scott's delusional fantasy.
    Considering it's Caring!Helpful!Jean that had shown up before that and actually fits her character, I'm gonna call that one Gillen's misfire (rare, I know).

NEVER refer to X-Men Forever (AKA Claremont's talent deathrows). Although I really do find it funny that the biggest pusher of Wolverine/Jean didn't actually have them together when he had the chance...he'd rather kill Wolverine instead...just goes to show you, Claremont doesn't really want them together, he just wants to troll Cyclops.
    Last edited by grinningdemon; 11-15-2014 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wonder what Scott would think if Jean came back and said that she had made a mistake and regretted pushing Emma and Scott together, but not because she wanted Scott back, rather she wanted Logan whom she would have brought back with her...

I hear all of the time about characters having to go through trials and such...well sooner or later Scott is going to be wrong about something big...he has to, otherwise he stops being anywhere near believable to any past his most ardent fans.
    lol what u talkin about, man ? Why would Jean be written like that ? It would apply to Emma, but Jean wouldn't pull off anything like that. That's just headcanon.