Page 530 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 3043048052052652752852953053153253353454058063010301530 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 33258

Reading all that stuff, and I'm still lost to this day. It was if CC was trying to cram a million things into one page. Hell, wasn't Jean bald during that book.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Reading all that stuff, and I'm still lost to this day. It was if CC was trying to cram a million things into one page. Hell, wasn't Jean bald during that book.
    No, that was X-Men: The End...ALMOST as bad but not quite...and Jean made out with Nightcrawler instead of Beast in that one...I've said it before and I'll say it again, Claremont has decided Jean has a furry fetish.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Considering it's Caring!Helpful!Jean that had shown up before that and actually fits her character, I'm gonna call that one Gillen's misfire (rare, I know).
    Heck, I'll be the first to admit there was little in the way of cohesion between the main book and the tie-ins. Still, why would Scott imagine Jean as a total douche moments after she was nice to him? The opposite makes a lot more sense, no?

Heck, the guy's currently losing sleep over how he broke her trust. Clearly, he's not vilifying her inside his own mind. It's quite literally the exact opposite.

just goes to show you, Claremont doesn't really want them together, he just wants to troll Cyclops.
    Of course he does. That's why it's so funny that Claremont had to reunite his self-insert/mouthpiece with Cyclops because the book got cancelled.

lol u wot m8 ?

Jean was bald !? NO RED HAIR !? So I guess no lock for wolverine to cut away, therefore no more reason for him to live haha.

But yeah, I'm glad we got a writer now without any petty grudges, and can write Cyclops like he should be written.

I mean, its more than 2 decades now, bro. Your character got screwed over by Marvel editors and your story didn't get the ending you wanted. No need to keep beating that dead horse, bro.

That Rachel shipping of her mom & logan was just ridiculous. I mean, why the hell would anyone want their mom to be with that furball lol !?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Heck, I'll be the first to admit there was little in the way of cohesion between the main book and the tie-ins. Still, why would Scott imagine Jean as a total douche moments after she was nice to him? The opposite makes a lot more sense, no?

Heck, the guy's currently losing sleep over how he broke her trust. Clearly, he's not vilifying her inside his own mind. It's quite literally the exact opposite.
    I'm just saying it's not in Jean's character to be such a bitch...she never has been before.

Of course he does. That's why it's so funny that Claremont had to reunite his self-insert/mouthpiece with Cyclops because the book got cancelled.
    Did they get back together in the end? I couldn't get through the halfway point of the first series. If so, sounds like more trolling of Cyclops by making him look pathetic for taking her back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger88 View Post
    lol u wot m8 ?

Jean was bald !? NO RED HAIR !? So I guess no lock for wolverine to cut away, therefore no more reason for him to live haha.

But yeah, I'm glad we got a writer now without any petty grudges, and can write Cyclops like he should be written.

I mean, its more than 2 decades now, bro. Your character got screwed over by Marvel editors and your story didn't get the ending you wanted. No need to keep beating that dead horse, bro.

That Rachel shipping of her mom & logan was just ridiculous. I mean, why the hell would anyone want their mom to be with that furball lol !?
    I'm actually a little surprised he didn't have the entire Summers/Grey clan show up to ship for them.

And, yeah, Jean was totally bald all though X-Men: The End...14 issues of bald Jean with a really crappy Phoenix costume redesign.
    Last edited by grinningdemon; 11-15-2014 at 12:38 AM.

I'm just saying it's not in Jean's character to be such a bitch...she never has been before.
    I dunno. It's totally fine for Jean to be making out with Wolverine behind Scott's back, but Scott isn't allowed to have any adulterous fun of his own. It's been her M.O. for years, really.

Sure, she eventually gets over herself, but her canonical first impulse is to pretend she possesses a moral high ground and slut-shame Scott.

Did they get back together in the end? I couldn't get through the halfway point of the first series. If so, sounds like more trolling of Cyclops by making him look pathetic for taking her back.
    Sort of, I guess? It was amusingly weird. She was all "Oooooh, you're all grown-up and a real leader now", pretty much threw herself in his arms and then was all "we're x-men forever, blah, blah, blah."

"Lulwhat?" pretty much sums it up.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 11-15-2014 at 12:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

I dunno. It's totally fine for Jean to be making out with Wolverine behind Scott's back, but Scott isn't allowed to have any adulterous fun of his own. It's been her M.O. for years, really.

Sure, she eventually gets over herself, but her canonical first impulse is to pretend she possesses a moral high ground and slut-shame Scott.
    She never slut-shamed Scott...she always goes after the other woman...THAT is totally in character for her...and, yeah, she's not the perfect saint she is usually treated as...but I still don't buy her taunting Scott at his worst moment.

Sort of, I guess? It was amusingly weird. She was all "Oooooh, you're all grown-up and a real leader now", pretty much threw herself in his arms and then was all "we're x-men forever, blah, blah, blah."

"Lulwhat?" pretty much sums it up.
    Now I almost want to to go read it just to see how awkward Claremont must have made that scene...almost.

LOL, it was X-Men: The End. If I recall correctly Emma slapped hell out of Cyke during that book. I think it as Gambit that kidnapped the kids, lol. Didn't Bishop also have a Shi'ar child or something of the sort.

Astonishing Member

LOL, it was X-Men: The End. If I recall correctly Emma slapped hell out of Cyke during that book. I think it as Gambit that kidnapped the kids, lol. Didn't Bishop also have a Shi'ar child or something of the sort.
    Yeah, Emma and Scott had a ton of daughters (I don't remember how many exactly) and she got pissed at Scott both because some or all of them got kidnapped and because, as soon as he found out Jean was alive again in space, he was pretty much all about going to save her and totally ignoring Emma...at least that's how I remember it (I haven't read that crap since it originally came out)...and then Claremont couldn't even keep his own continuity straight because when he did the Gen Next followup about the kids, some of the characters he killed off (including Cyclops) were alive again with no explanation...while others (like Rogue) were still dead.

Didn't Bishop also have a Shi'ar child or something of the sort.
    Yup. Bishop and Deathbird reproduced. Kid looks exactly like Cecilia Reyes, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

She never slut-shamed Scott...she always goes after the other woman...THAT is totally in character for her...and, yeah, she's not the perfect saint she is usually treated as...but I still don't buy her taunting Scott at his worst moment.
    Gillen bought it and the X-Office didn't stop him from writing the scene. I mean, hey, maybe it'll be retconned out of existence or never brought up again, but it's the hand we've been dealt.

Now I almost want to to go read it just to see how awkward Claremont must have made that scene...almost.
    The scene is especially funny if one imagines Claremont and Jim Shooter awkwardly embracing.

LOL, it was X-Men: The End. If I recall correctly Emma slapped hell out of Cyke during that book.
    Oh, man. Her "I should've never gotten together with you" freakout was all kinds of epic.

Astonishing Member

Gillen bought it and the X-Office didn't stop him from writing the scene. I mean, hey, maybe it'll be retconned out of existence but it's the hand we've been dealt with.
    More likely it will just be ignored and they'll go with the AvX version...if it ever comes up again at all.

The scene is especially funny if one imagines Claremont and Jim Shooter awkwardly embracing.
    That is funny...because I'm imagining them both hiding shivs behind the other's back as they do.

Yeah, Emma and Scott had a ton of daughters (I don't remember how many exactly) and she got pissed at Scott both because some or all of them got kidnapped and because, as soon as he found out Jean was alive again in space, he was pretty much all about going to save her and totally ignoring Emma...at least that's how I remember it (I haven't read that crap since it originally came out)...and then Claremont couldn't even keep his own continuity straight because when he did the Gen Next followup about the kids, some of the characters he killed off (including Cyclops) were alive again with no explanation...while others (like Rogue) were still dead.
    So lemme guess what Claremont would have written : Cyke goes off to save jean while ignoring his wife and kids, gets killed while Logan and Jean get together in the aftermath of the whole thing, amirite ?

Was wondering though, if Forever and End were that bad, why did you guys go on reading the whole thing lol !?
    Last edited by Avenger88; 11-15-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger88 View Post
    So lemme guess what Claremont would have written : Cyke goes off to save jean while ignoring his wife and kids, gets killed while Logan and Jean get together in the aftermath of the whole thing, amirite ?

Was wondering though, if Forever and End were that bad, why did you guys go on reading the whole thing lol !?
    Imo, the books were disastrous. I felt lost at all times. But I tend to read anything with Cyke. Only reason I'm buying AXIS.