Page 89 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293991391895891089 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 33258

I'm hoping Apocalypse resurrects Emma and Banshee, ages Archangel and brainwashes Wolverine to be his horsemen in the next movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Continuity can be forgotten. They could go with young Cyke, and simply introduce a young Emma. Or simply use the older Cyke, and introduce as if she never died.
    Honestly, I'd be so pleased if they brought in a decent Emma they could say she was there because of magical pixie dust and it would work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Amusingly enough, the spandex thing is totally optional. It only had much of an effect on Classic Jean and Scott's modern creepers, really.
    The itsy bitsy cut-offs were quite effective, too, as I recall. I think all the times his teammates/possible lovers saw him tied up probably didn't hurt either.

How about Sinister cloning Emma as a back-up plan in case the Jott thingy didn't quite work out?
    Sinister doing that would be incredibly awesome. Though, I doubt Fox would give a Cyke centric villain much of anything to work with.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by elgrey View Post
    The itsy bitsy cut-offs were quite effective, too, as I recall. I think all the times his teammates/possible lovers saw him tied up probably didn't hurt either.
    Jean fancied him in those plaid check atrocities he used to wear as well. That poor girl had it badly.

BANNED

How about Sinister cloning Emma as a back-up plan in case the Jott thingy didn't quite work out?
    Didn't he sneer at her DNA when caressing Cyke in Uncanny? Although he did tell her it was a compliment, and yes, did seem to think she was a reasonable back-up plan so that could work.

But I can't see them ever letting Sinister into a movie unfortunately. His relationship with Cyke and Gambit is way too disturbing. He's so much every straight guy's worst nightmare. They wouldn't even keep Stryker as a right-wing Christian, they had to turn him into a military guy. Sinister would have the bean counters curled up in a fetal position whimpering.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Actually, it hurt and Scott's creepers loved every glorious voyeuristic second of it.

Holy crap. It totally just dawned on me. Why aren't we bringing up more often that AvX sequence during which Scott is beaten up, visorless and half-naked? No wonder the guy has more creepers than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    Didn't he sneer at her DNA when caressing Cyke in Uncanny? Although he did tell her it was a compliment, and yes, did seem to think she was a reasonable back-up plan so that could work.
    Well, the third option for a crazy-powerful female telepath is Betsy Braddock. No way Sinister would actually ship PsyClops
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 05-26-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Well we need PsyClops to happen just keep the telepath theme going.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Well we need PsyClops to happen just keep the telepath theme going.
    I genuinely believe Sinister would rather use defective clones of Jean or Emma, lol.

BANNED

Actually, it hurt and Scott's creepers loved every glorious voyeuristic second of it.

Holy crap. It totally just dawned on me. Why aren't we bringing up more often that AvX sequence during which Scott is beaten up, visorless and half-naked? No wonder the guy has more creepers than ever.
    Because it's AvX and we hates it forever, Preciousss!

Tell me exactly where I need to scan and I will hold my nose and dive in just because you used the magical words 'Scott' 'beaten up' and 'half-naked'.

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    Tell me exactly where I need to scan and I will hold my nose and dive in just because you used the magical words 'Scott' 'beaten up' and 'half-naked'.
    AvX #12. The Avengers and x-traitors are all smiling, but then everyone's face falls as a beaten up, visorless, half-naked Scott walks towards them. I don't recall the art being particularly good or suggestive, alas.

Considering how characters have recently gone on the record about only wanting Scott Summers, the scene is retroactively hilarious.

(I'm trying to save DakenGirl's blood pressure. I can't answer for the consequences if she is exposed to AvX.)
    Last edited by elgrey; 05-26-2014 at 06:20 PM.

BANNED

AvX #12. The Avengers and x-traitors are all smiling, but then everyone's face falls as a beaten up, visorless, half-naked Scott walks towards them. I don't recall the art being particularly good or suggestive, alas.

Considering how characters have recently gone on the record about only wanting Scott Summers, the scene is retroactively hilarious.
    I know where you mean. Just after Wanda tried to find redemption through destroying the only thing that would have brought back mutants and just before the guy who took no responsibility for destroying Utopia or being part of the crew who split the phoenix force in the first place tells Cyke that he wishes the rest of the phoenix five were willing to take responsibility for their actions oh but it's okay because he IS willing to take responsibility for his actions. He's willing to admit they didn't do enough for mutants; he let the world hate and fear them for too long. Right before he has Cyke carted off to a prison where he can be tortured and beaten and mutant haters can attempt to murder him. Yeah, Cap, you're not the world's worst utter utter utter hypocritical asshot at all. No, wait, actually you are.

This thing is like a peatbog of horrors. You turn a page and you're squelching waist deep in characters doing disgustingly obnoxious things.

(I'm trying to save DakenGirl's blood pressure. I can't answer for the consequences if she is exposed to AvX.)
    Too late! It is elevated!

I really can't work out if the people writing it didn't realize that they turned the Avengers and Wolverine into the world's worst bullying thuggish hypocrites or they just assumed we wouldn't notice because, hey, it's the Avengers, and everyone knows they're good guys.

Well done, Hope. You just beat up your grandfather when he was letting go of the Phoenix thanks to Jean, whose mantle you are not fit to touch, tried to destroy the one thing that would bring back the mutant gene, and now you're hugging the woman who nearly wiped out your species. Cable would be so proud.

Don't worry about the blood on your hands, Cyke, as you're not the one who put it there. You're actually the only person, apart from Reed Richards and Hank McCoy who didn't behave like a complete jerk. You just tried to feed the world and stop wars even after you were possessed by a cosmic entity and held it together longer than anyone else would have done. The Avengers are just going to punish you now for being consistently so much more awesome than they are by throwing your hot ass in mutant kill-kill jail.

Ugh, if I just don't read the acts of blatant hypocrisy this book contains I can get myself into a mindset where I can try to like the Avengers again and want them to make friends with Cyke but then I see what arrogant bullies they are throughout this thing and how pervasive is their smug self-satisfaction and overwhelming ability to duck all responsibility for every action they take and I'm back to Oh My God Just DIE Already. Just keep those people away from Cyke, Bendis. Seriously, I don't want Stark rescuing him. I don't want Stark NEAR him. I don't want Cyke catching asshat cooties from him. Please let the Uncanny kids save him while Stark is still strapping on the suit.

The Stark, Cap, Hawkeye and Wolverine of AvX really are just irredeemable. Please let them retcon it that the polar bear serial killer who wanted to murder the sixteen year old girl his supposedly best friend died to save was actually a Wolvie from a different dimension because that guy really is unrecognizable. Don't care about the other three. They can just self-immolate on their own gassy smugness and prove that spontaneous combustion is a thing. That final scene with Cap, invader of Utopia, and Wolvie, wannabe killer of a teenage girl and past master at getting possessed and killing people, sitting there in their little fug of self-righteousness judging Cyke and bloviating about Xavier is Uncanny Avengers #1 levels of WTFery. Cap you can take your damned shirt off all day long you will always be dead to me until you have a moment of clarity about how frickin guilty you are and as that's never gonna happen just stay the hell out of the x-books.

Now I need to shower because I have AvX on me.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

wow and I thought I disliked AvX...

The art was a bit hit and miss in AvX generally. Some of the covers were beautiful though. I wonder if there is anyone out there who actually bought all those endless variants?

It's ironic that the last page of AvX is advertising Uncanny Avengers as the book where people come together and AvX Consequences as the one where they fall apart

And yet, two years later, all of Scott's Uncanny people are alive and relatively well and can work together reasonably efficiently even when co-ordinating with Kitty's O5, whereas the Uncanny Avengers have been endlessly squabbling and occasionally murdering each other. Oh and Tony Stark messed around with Steve Rogers' brain so he wouldn't remember that the Illuminati's contingency plan involves murdering billions, whereas all Erik and Scott have done to one another is the occasional raised voice and creasing of clothing. Avengers, when the X-Men look less dysfunctional than you do, it's probably time to sign up for therapy.

I liked the AvX Consequences artwork where the Avengers are all standing around Scott. That one was beautifully done. It's a pity they didn't have a scene like that in the actual AvX as it would have made them look as if they actually gave a stuff, which might have offset some of the unpleasant aftertaste of them relentlessly hunting Scott down and trying to murder him even though he is possessed by something he can't control.