Page 901 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 401801851891897898899900901902903904905911951100114011901 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,515 of 33258

And that episode is one of the high points.

Since we seem to be operating on ships at the moment, I present the highest moment for the Evo-specific ship of Scott and the goth girl!

NONE MORE GOTH!
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 07-27-2015 at 09:00 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    So sad that the fanbases often feel they need to be at war....
    All they need to is to believe in Love, man.

Love....and OT3.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

#1 BABY!!!!

http://t.co/6xaOsjpCZN

Cyclops

Wolverine may be the most famous member of the X-Men, but Cyclops is the definitive X-Man. He's essentially the main character of the franchise since day one, and has one of the most complex arcs of any major superhero. Scott Summers' story begins with him being a straight-arrow hero and protege of Charles Xavier, but over time he deviates from Xavier's dream to develop a radical, separatist, militaristic version of the X-Men in the name of protecting mutants. Recently he crossed a horrible line by accidentally killing Xavier – his father figure! – in a fit of rage while possessed by the Phoenix, and has become an outlaw revolutionary and a pariah among his old friends. Everything about Cyclops comes down to two essential metaphors – that he's a man who is always struggling against his own body to stay in control of a destructive power, and that his myopic obsession leads to all his triumphs and all his failings.

Oh, and then there's his gloriously messy love life! His relationship with Jean Grey as a young man is fine but after she dies for the first time, he goes off and impulsively marries a woman who looks exactly like her – we later find out she's a clone – but he abandons her and their infant child immediately after learning that the real Jean has come back to life. He's a total cad. And then he ends up having a psychic affair with Emma Frost while he's married to Jean Grey, and shacks up with Emma immediately after Jean dies for a second time. He's a mess. And seriously, what is up with him only getting seriously involved with incredibly powerful psychics? And why does his intense rivalry with Wolverine often seem weirdly sexual?

Anyway, Cyclops is frustrating and profoundly uptight and wonderful and probably the best superhero ever.

BANNED

I know 3 words that can start a war

spoilers:
    X men forever
    end of spoilers

Actually EvoScott and rogue was one heck of a missed opportunity, never forget scogue

altough some ppl were shipping him with kurt

If there was a 5th season weren't they going to introduce Emma and the Phoenix... Didn't Evo come out during the time New X-Men was ongoing.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    If there was a 5th season weren't they going to introduce Emma and the Phoenix... Didn't Evo come out during the time New X-Men was ongoing.
    Yep, and what I read of the script for Evo 5 it sounds like a case of epic butthurt from the scriptwriter.

Basically, Scott just doesn't leave Jean for Emma, he joins the freaking Hellfire Club.

Yeah, that one got cancelled at the right time, I hate to say.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

There are Storm fans who don't like Cyclops and there are Cyclops fans who don't like Storm.

When a Cyclops fan talks to me saying not good things about Storm, I feel I should say not good things about Cyclops too. Sometimes I do it, but I like Cyclops so I can't always do it.

I want Storm to become the overall X-men leader again (and it looks like she will after Secret Wars). Cyke fans shouldn't feel bad about it cos Cyclops has been it for a while already.

I hope there's going to be an alternate universe where Cyclops and Storm are happily married with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    There are Storm fans who don't like Cyclops and there are Cyclops fans who don't like Storm.

When a Cyclops fan talks to me saying not good things about Storm, I feel I should say not good things about Cyclops too. Sometimes I do it, but I like Cyclops so I can't always do it.

I want Storm to become the overall X-men leader again (and it looks like she will after Secret Wars). Cyke fans shouldn't feel bad about it cos Cyclops has been it for a while already.

I hope there's going to be an alternate universe where Cyclops and Storm are happily married with kids.
    Given where they are now, I could easily see Storm and Cyke acting like Patton and Bradley. Bradley knew how to win peace much better than Patton did (and was certainly no slouch in war himself), but when you really needed the gloves to come off, you sent the other guy.

I only get annoyed with Storm fans when they insist she must be a canon sue or it's insulting/diminishing her. The person who is a better tactician than Scott, more powerful than Phoenix, more potential with magic than Illyana, and more worthy to lift Mjolnir than Thor isn't something I can find interesting, as there will never be any doubt as to the outcome of any conflict. The person with incredible potential and awesome power (but human limitations) resonates much, much harder with me.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 07-27-2015 at 09:24 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Well, I'm hoping Cyke gets his own book. X-Men: Renegades or something like that.

BANNED

Given where they are now, I could easily see Storm and Cyke acting like Patton and Bradley. Bradley knew how to win peace much better than Patton did (and was certainly no slouch in war himself), but when you really needed the gloves to come off, you sent the other guy.

I only get annoyed with Storm fans when they insist she must be a canon sue or it's insulting/diminishing her. The person who is a better tactician than Scott, more powerful than Phoenix, more potential with magic than Illyana, and more worthy to lift Mjolnir than Thor isn't something I can find interesting, as there will never be any doubt as to the outcome of any conflict. The person with incredible potential and awesome power (but human limitations) resonates much, much harder with me.
    That's just being a crazy fan. You should understand that. If I was a crazy Cyclops fan, I would say he can beat anyone.

I'm an Xmen fan so they're the best team ever, better than JLA, better than Avengers, better than other comic teams.

But it borders on idiocy to say that your fave can beat anyone, imo. Like I know Cyke is great fighter, and his spatial awareness is awesome. But I'm also realistic, like the chances of Cyke beating the Hulk are not good. Nothing wrong with saying that.

Yep, and what I read of the script for Evo 5 it sounds like a case of epic butthurt from the scriptwriter.

Basically, Scott just doesn't leave Jean for Emma, he joins the freaking Hellfire Club.

Yeah, that one got cancelled at the right time, I hate to say.
    Are you kidding me? Please tell there was some kind of mind control involved.

BANNED

But it borders on idiocy to say that your fave can beat anyone, imo. Like I know Cyke is great fighter, and his spatial awareness is awesome. But I'm also realistic, like the chances of Cyke beating the Hulk are not good. Nothing wrong with saying that.
    Hmmm... Well I've seen some Cyclops fans saying he's the best leader and tactician. I know they're not saying he can beat anyone but it's kinda the same thing.

Anyway, I want Cycke back with the X-men, not inhumans.

I was silent about this but I've said this before and after Secret Wars event is the best time for Cyclops to have his own ongoing solo. Not teenclops, no way. lol. 616 Cyclops.

Sorry, just not a fan of the 05.

In the right circumstances it would be possible, but it requires him to lucky, on the top of his game, and then cross a line he is very reluctant to even consider walking across. (as in, a very tight beam directly into the eye sockets, ricocheting inside the brainpan - very icky and not something he would likely pull except in the most extreme circumstances - I implied the aftermath of Tyke pulling it off against an Abomination-expy in my ship-fic).
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

In the right circumstances it would be possible, but it requires him to lucky, on the top of his game, and then cross a line he is very reluctant to even consider walking across. (as in, a very tight beam directly into the eye sockets, ricocheting inside the brainpan - very icky and not something he would likely pull except in the most extreme circumstances - I implied the aftermath of Tyke pulling it off against an Abomination-expy in my ship-fic).
    Cyclops has beaten powerful opponents too.

Anyway, I gotta leave. Until next time fellow Cyclops fans.