Page 98 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 48889495969798991001011021081481985981098 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 33258

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    AHAHA, just reread Dark X-Men: The Confessions, and Pixie was not hiding the fact she needed some Cyke in her life.
    Pixie was not shy about that at all. Made me jealous that my then favorite X-Woman was crushing on my favorite X-Man.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

ha!

I donno whats funnier the way he is stopping the boss, or thinking that Stark would get the credit.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    It's times like these I really, really miss Warren Worthington and Sean Cassidy. These guys understood the whole 'stone cold dudebro' thing.
    Two of my other favourite characters who're getting raked through the muck.
    Quote Originally Posted by elgrey View Post
    [/CENTER]
    Hehe. Even as a teenager, Jean didn't like... Frost.
    And her top is undone?! For shaaaaaaaame!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Spectacular Member

What issue is this from?

Ultimate Member

I've never understood why Marvel insists on writing Iceman, one of the FIRST FIVE X-Men, as this underachieving doofus. Especially since so many writers cannot seem to tell the difference between "lovably goofy" and "obnoxiously annoying." It's gotten to the point that I prefer movie Iceman. He may essentially be Cyclops 2.0, but at least Shawn Ashmore is likeable and doesn't make me want to slap him every five minutes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    Bobby's attitude towards Cyke has been fairly inexplicable for a while, particularly coming from a guy who got corrupted by the Death Seed and put the world into an ice age, but apparently as he was on the gold side/didn't kill Xavier while he was doing that, it was no biggie.

From a Bobby characterization POV, I don't even know if Liu's Astonishing run is supposed to be canon or not, as no one ever mentions it, it's difficult to see any change to Bobby's character as a result of it, and you'd think it would be the kind of thing that might get discussed, not least by Bobby himself. You'd at least think someone would offer the poor guy some therapy but I guess therapy is off the table in X-Men world, possibly because Emma has really given therapists a bad name there.

Actually I was just thinking that it really sucks to be the parent of a mutant kid in the 616. You look at the two schools on offer and seriously, only someone who really hated their kids would choose either of them:

Parents! Send your college age kids to the New Xavier School in bleak and snowy Canada where they may not necessarily be eaten by hungry polar bears. Artfully concealed in the bowels of a mutant torture facility with many interesting Gothic touches, like old bloodstains! Faculty members include:

Cyclops! Has a totally destructive mutant ability that he can no longer control! Was possessed by a terrifying cosmic entity with a raging hard-on for his hot bod when he killed his adopted father and tried to burn the world! Guaranteed to make any kid with any complex feel smugly well-adjusted by comparison!

Emma Frost! Not a stripper or the White Queen of the Hellfire Club these days and hardly ever tries to murder people unless they diss her sense of fashion! Can no longer control your mind!

Illyana Rasputin! Has totally got that being the Queen of Limbo, Darkchilde thing under control...for a large proportion of the time!

Magneto! Well, we're not actually asking Magneto why he keeps taking all those leaves of absence and then coming back spattered with blood but we're sure he has a very good reason for it that probably isn't all to do with killing people!

As a parent you've already thrown their prospectus into the nearest trash can and made the sign of the cross and then you turn to the other contender and get:

PARENTS, SEND YOUR KIDS TO THE JGSFHL TO GIVE THEM A WELL-ROUNDED EDUCATION! This is the fun school for kids who want to have fun. Far fewer of our happy children have been the subjects of murder attempts this term than you would expect! And many of them are here entirely of their own free will! Faculty members include:

Wolverine! Our headmaster is a trained killer. Berserker rages a specialty. Impressive victim tally. Served on a death squad. Also...drinks excessively!

Iceman! Nearly destroyed the world. Also good at snowball fights!

Beast! Kinda losing it right now but we're hoping to get his meds adjusted soon!

Psylocke! Trained ninja. Also served on a death squad! Okay she's not here now because of wanting to kill people! So, it's all good!

Fantomex! Good at stealing. Accurate and merciless assassin of small children! (Probably not yours though unless they have a possibly-going-to-be-Apocalypses-in-the-future vibe about them!)

Okay! That's enough about our faculty members! Let's talk about how much fun the kids have here and how rarely they get maimed or die!

I suspect a lot of parents of mutant children in the 616 are opting to home school these days.
    Don't forget to add "slaughtered HIS OWN illegitimate children" to Wolverine's profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I've never understood why Marvel insists on writing Iceman, one of the FIRST FIVE X-Men, as this underachieving doofus. Especially since so many writers cannot seem to tell the difference between "lovably goofy" and "obnoxiously annoying." It's gotten to the point that I prefer movie Iceman. He may essentially be Cyclops 2.0, but at least Shawn Ashmore is likeable and doesn't make me want to slap him every five minutes.
    Ashmore is doing some short 'informational' pieces for Syfy's Wil Wheaton Project. They're hilaRious! This week's dealt with Days of Future Past... and Frozen.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Two of my other favourite characters who're getting raked through the muck.
    Imagine if Cassidy was still around. He'd have a sit-down with Scott, they'd both have tea and he would gently explain to Scott that there are dudebros out there who totally crave affection from their fellow dudebros. Sure, you can get away with not fussing over the Worthingtons, Rasputins and LeBeaus of this world. But then you've got the McCoys, Drakes and Howletts. You've got to make these guys feel pretty and important. You've just got to.

Quote Originally Posted by turin View Post
    You know what, those are pretty sweet upper body proportions. Cyke's trapezoids often look ridiculous. The guy's supposed to look like someone who could survive spec ops training, not a body-builder.

Anyway. That's totally Eva manhandling him, isn't it? Gotta love Cyclops' stern "Why are you touching me?" look.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 05-30-2014 at 04:02 AM.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Found my new Pic
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Don't forget to add "slaughtered HIS OWN illegitimate children" to Wolverine's profile.
    It's wrong to hold that against him, the poor guy didn't know, they were trying to kill him and he killed them, now on the other hand he is a complete hypocrite for attacking Cyke because of him doing the same, only that while possessed, Cyke has even less responsibility than him in that situation

Damn, I thought the pic was from UXM 19. Tempus was like what ya doing Mr. Summers. Then Cyke is like you can tell me anything, and she is like I donno if I can.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Damn, I thought the pic was from UXM 19. Tempus was like what ya doing Mr. Summers. Then Cyke is like you can tell me anything, and she is like I donno if I can.
    Nope. There was no touching in UXM #19. Thus why I commented on it.

Eva is not messing around.

That's lovely. Great body shape. He looks fit and athletic and not overmuscled. I'm really interesting to see what Anka does with Uncanny. I've always liked his art so it will be really nice to see him drawing Scott, Emma, and Illyana.

Imagine if Cassidy was still around. He'd have a sit-down with Scott, they'd both have tea and he would gently explain to Scott that there are dudebros out there who totally crave affection from their fellow dudebros. Sure, you can get away with not fussing over the Worthingtons, Rasputins and LeBeaus of this world. But then you've got the McCoys, Drakes and Howletts. You've got to make these guys feel pretty and important. You've just got to.
    I miss Banshee, he was such a great character, his relationship with Moira was really touching and I loved the way he was there as that generation between Xavier and the O5 being laid-back and having seen a bit more of the world than they had and knowing everything looked better with a cup of tea in your hand. The horrifying casual way Vulcan tells Scott and Rachel that oh by the way I killed Banshee is so shocking because he was such an important character. I miss him and Moira so much.

I think Logan is just amazingly high maintenance and needs a lot of attention and probably always would, possibly through being psychologically damaged by all those years of being tortured by the Weapon X program, possibly just through being...Logan. If he's in the room, he really tends to let everyone know he's there, even if he's just glowering and drinking beer.

Poor Henry has pretty much cracked under the strain of everything they've been through in the last few years, and I do think Scott could have tried a bit harder to find a way for them to go on working together. He did put a lot more effort into getting Logan to stick around even though Henry is arguably more useful, and Scott has known him longer, as he pointed out himself when Namor was all 'Pah, who needs him?' I think Henry has always been a very sensitive guy who happens to have a big, impressive exterior that hides how complicated he is. The people he's in the Illuminati with are not exactly sensitive caring types he can confide his doubts and concerns in either. I see him bringing the O5 forward as a bit of a cry for help and so far the only person who has picked up on that and what the impact might have been on Henry has been Scott. I think the JGS people were too just traumatized with being landed with what they probably perceived as his mess - and suddenly being made responsible for five time-displaced teenagers - to have much time left to worry about what it meant for his current state of mental health. The trouble is that even if Scott is feeling sympathy or empathy he's still pretty bad at actually articulating in any meaningful fashion, hence the women he gets involved with occasionally having to eat the occasional star/sacrifice a child to demons. He told Teen Jean he was worried about Henry but he didn't tell him himself. Admittedly, he didn't have much time to tell him anything much before his beams went all kerfluey.

You know what, those are pretty sweet upper body proportions. Cyke's trapezoids often look ridiculous. The guy's supposed to look like someone who could survive spec ops training, not a body-builder.
    Really well put, Darth. I always think of those panels when he's back-flipping acrobatically away from pursuit in the Dark Reign/Utopia arc, and sometimes I think artists really forget that Scott should be flexible like a gymnast, whereas that is a really nice body shape for him.

Anyway. That's totally Eva manhandling him, isn't it? Gotta love Cyclops' stern "Why are you touching me?" look.
    I think he's probably just genuinely confused as to why people would be touching him. I mean what is this touching business? Is it like that weird other thing people do where they talk about their actual feelings out loud instead of just inviting passing telepaths to mind-burgle them? I'm never sure if Scott has some cat DNA or just has English people in his ancestry.

I think Bobby presents a bit of a paradox for writers because he was defined in the early days by his wisecracking and pranking and finding a quip in the face of danger, and if writers don't put that in then he feels unBobby-like and if they do put it in there's a danger of him not appearing to have evolved as a person. I think Teen Bobby in the Bendis books is wonderful. He's warm and sweet and funny and does feel younger than the others and as if some of their behaviour and relationships are confusing to him because his hormones aren't as bandy as theirs yet and he's not completely committed to being a grown-up yet; he's still intending to squeeze some more juice out of being a kid. I actually think he's very good for Scott, because he did used to make him lighten up.

Like any character, Bobby really needs someone to interact with, too, and there's been a tendency in recent years to write people in isolation, which could be the fault of Schism or could be to do with how few of the stories on the gold side have been character-driven ones. Especially as they keep winnowing out the O5. Henry and Bobby aren't talking to Scott. Jean's dead, who they could sometimes confide in. It's not like they can exchange poignant character-revealing confidences with NuWarren, as he's basically a Warren-shaped stranger, and for some weird reason Henry and Bobby don't even seem to be talking to each other much these days. I hope Kurt coming back might get the gold side having a few more heart to hearts that are about something other than how much they all hate Scott now. Also, with Teen Scott off having fun in his solo book, hopefully we will get a little more focus on Teen Warren, Hank, and Bobby in ANXM.

I do love Movie!Bobby too. He's such a nice, sane guy, even if he is, as you say, more like Scott than Bobby.