Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Default Preview: Weapon X #27

Previews for the series finale.

The art isn't looking good. But we got 3 other artists on this issue, so HOPEFULLY, it gets MUCH better on page 6.

Decent preview. Aside from this art, I only have one complaint -too much Mystique. lol

But this is 5 pages down & only 17 left. So I am fearing the ending (mainly Creed & Monet's resolution) is gonna be very rushed / glossed over. Because we have that, the Graydon subplot, the Mentallo subplot, and the final showdown with Stryker, to cover. Still in only 17 pages.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-06-2018 at 10:43 PM.

The last Creed face

Another penciler? LOL
    And it's pity the WXF wears their new-designde uniforms only for one storyarc. I kinda love these.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I mean, I know Raven’s a metamorph, but Jesus. That face. Omega Red is the only one who doesn’t look like garbage.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

What's more weird,Vcitor sutures around his neck disappear in the new penciler's pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I mean, I know Raven’s a metamorph, but Jesus. That face. Omega Red is the only one who doesn’t look like garbage.
    I think Red, Domino, and Deadpool look decent. But Mystique & Sabretooth are not done justice by whichever penclier that is. We got 4 pencilers on this book.

Luca Pizzari
    Robert Di Salvo
    Alberto Albequrque
    Ibraim Roberson

Luca looks like he did pages 1 + 4, which look pretty good.
    We saw Salvo's' penciling last issue, and it wasn't this. lol

So the bad art is by either Ibraim or Alberto. The former did penciling for the Weapon H arc, and I don't remember it being this bad at any point. So unless Ibraim changed his style, I am guessing Alberto is the weak link on pencils, and I hope he's not doing much of the book if he is in fact responsible for pages 2, 3, and 5.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-07-2018 at 01:12 AM.

Eh. Looks good. Storytelling's clear. Blends well.

I love the first panels where they walk out of the flames...but wow what happened to the art

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

But this is 5 pages down & only 17 left. So I am fearing the ending (mainly Creed & Monet's resolution) is gonna be very rushed / glossed over. Because we have that, the Graydon subplot, the Mentallo subplot, and the final showdown with Stryker, to cover. Still in only 17 pages.
    There is so much to resolve and these 5 pages are basically them saying they're going after Stryker...which we already know. I don't think we're getting a decent ending, it's like everyone involved already moved on to other projects and they have to scramble to find artists who can work on this last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    There is so much to resolve and these 5 pages are basically them saying they're going after Stryker...which we already know. I don't think we're getting a decent ending, it's like everyone involved already moved on to other projects and they have to scramble to find artists who can work on this last issue.
    Something I did notice though. On all the sites that release previews, none of them showed the recap page we usually get. So maybe this chapter won't have one, and the page that would normally be used to show the recap will be an extra page they use for the interior story. That's not much, but maybe they can do something there. In fact, the first scene with Creed talking may have been the recap.

Now far as my personal thoughts. These pages could've been condensed.

* We could've opened with Creed laying Graydon somewhere safe, and them heading straight up to fight Stryker.
    * The Creed x Mystique conversations could've been omitted. Their relationship isn't the one that needs focus or closure. And pages / panels wasted on Mystique could've gone to Monet.
    * Next, the conformation with Marduk was unneeded. He already directed them to Stryker to do as they pleased. And everything talked about with him was already said in issues 25 + 26. We didn't need another scene of how characters are doomed to Hell.

So Pak dropped the ball here, because the opening was either useless in some places, or redundant in others.

Something I did notice though. On all the sites that release previews, none of them showed the recap page we usually get. So maybe this chapter won't have one, and the page that would normally be used to show the recap will be an extra page they use for the interior story. That's not much, but maybe they can do something there. In fact, the first scene with Creed talking may have been the recap.

Now far as my personal thoughts. These pages could've been condensed.

* We could've opened with Creed laying Graydon somewhere safe, and them heading straight up to fight Stryker.
    * The Creed x Mystique conversations could've been omitted. Their relationship isn't the one that needs focus or closure. And pages / panels wasted on Mystique could've gone to Monet.
    * Next, the conformation with Marduk was unneeded. He already directed them to Stryker to do as they pleased. And everything talked about with him was already said in issues 25 + 26. We didn't need another scene of how characters are doomed to Hell.

So Pak dropped the ball here, because the opening was either useless in some places, or redundant in others.

You make a lot of good points. This is basically five pages of filler content. It's either stuff we already know or conversations that don't make the story or dynamics progress at all. There is another writer listed besides Pak for this story arc...I'm wondering how they work together. This preview honestly looks like the writer didn't even read the last issue.

This story had a lot of potential, I'm really sad the ending is going to be botched like this. I hope I'm wrong and the rest of the issue gets better. Also I don't think we've been getting recap pages over this last story arc?

You make a lot of good points. This is basically five pages of filler content. It's either stuff we already know or conversations that don't make the story or dynamics progress at all. There is another writer listed besides Pak for this story arc...I'm wondering how they work together. This preview honestly looks like the writer didn't even read the last issue.
    A ways back, someone asked Pak on twitter how co-writing works, and I remember him saying he writes the first half of the chapter & Van Lente writes the second half. Which I can believe because in a lot of case, the first half of the chapters are usually rarely good, and things don't pick up until the latter half. Again, usually. Some exceptions.

I never read Weapon H, by Pak. But some fans mentioned he had the habit of doing lots of filler there. If true, then it's easy to see him as the problem -especially given his track record on this book.

This story had a lot of potential, I'm really sad the ending is going to be botched like this. I hope I'm wrong and the rest of the issue gets better. Also I don't think we've been getting recap pages over this last story arc?
    We have been. Though I never post them in threads. These pages.
    Recap Page.jpg
    We've been getting them for most (if not all) of the book. This one is from issue 26.

Agreed with you. I pre-ordered the book on ebay -much cheaper than Amazon. Now, I'm worried. I LOVED the cover, and bought the book for that more than anything. But if the inside is as bad as what I'm fearing, the book is going back. lol

The cover seems to indicate FINALLY bring closure to Monet & Creed, which is very needed. But the dragging around here has me worried. I hope we aren't getting more of the same where M is background fodder while Creed x Mystique continue to take up space like it's been the last 2 issues.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-07-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Great preview. Sabretooth's speech was actually pretty badass. These truly are strange and wonderful times for Marvel.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

A ways back, someone asked Pak on twitter how co-writing works, and I remember him saying he writes the first half of the chapter & Van Lente writes the second half. Which I can believe because in a lot of case, the first half of the chapters are usually rarely good, and things don't pick up until the latter half. Again, usually. Some exceptions.

I never read Weapon H, by Pak. But some fans mentioned he had the habit of doing lots of filler there. If true, then it's easy to see him as the problem -especially given his track record on this book.

We have been. Though I never post them in threads. These pages.
    Recap Page.jpg
    We've been getting them for most (if not all) of the book. This one is from issue 26.

Agreed with you. I pre-ordered the book on ebay -much cheaper than Amazon. Now, I'm worried. I LOVED the cover, and bought the book for that more than anything. But if the inside is as bad as what I'm fearing, the book is going back. lol

The cover seems to indicate FINALLY bring closure to Monet & Creed, which is very needed. But the dragging around here has me worried. I hope we aren't getting more of the same where M is background fodder while Creed x Mystique continue to take up space like it's been the last 2 issues.

You're absolutely right about the recap pages..You said recap pages and for some reason I was picturing Deadpool-type recap pages with actual panels that show what happened. I think we're definitely getting that text recap page, I don't think I've ever seen an issue without it?

I totally get you about that cover, I love it and I'm rooting for a moment between Creed and M.

You're absolutely right about the recap pages..You said recap pages and for some reason I was picturing Deadpool-type recap pages with actual panels that show what happened. I think we're definitely getting that text recap page, I don't think I've ever seen an issue without it?
    From what I remember, we've always had those. I think all the X-books have them now. So this is a first of not getting one. Which can be good. Maybe Van Lenta & Pak can make the extra page count.

I totally get you about that cover, I love it and I'm rooting for a moment between Creed and M.
    Same here. Honestly that's the only reason I have been reading. If Monet hadn't been brought in, I would've dropped this book due to Mystique's inclusion. I never found her relationship with Creed fun or interesting. Monet dragged me back & I was hoping to get more on them. I like what we have gotten, but in hindsight, we've seen Creed interact with Mystique more than Monet.

I was hoping we wouldn't have to wait until the last issue before their relationship got some legit attention, but tough luck. And I am hoping this chapter has a good as Hell moment for them given all the Creed x Mystique I sat through waiting on it. lol

And if we get a good moment, I hope it's done by a good penciler. I don't want mashed-in, pig-faced Sabretooth with deformed Monet like these preview pages. lol And I hope Pak doesn't change the nature of their relationship when he finally addresses it.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-07-2018 at 11:12 AM.