Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mortal Kombat 11

Announced at the game awards.

coming to all systems (yes, switch also)

spoilers:
    So Khan's back, huh?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Oh dear god that music choice is bad. Raiden and Scorpion at least look decent. Given how screwed up Overworld was after MKX’s story I am curious where they go next. Hopefully Cassie will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:
    So Khan's back, huh?
    end of spoilers
    Time travdel is involved

Finally. Injustice is cool but I can never get into it like I can with MK because I just don't care about DC characters like that.

The first 5 months of 2019 are loaded.

Fantastic Member

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'd like for them to bring back more post Trilogy characters rather than nearly the whole roster being characters from MK1-UMK3. I'm not one of those to buy or not buy a game for 1 or 2 characters, but when most of the post Trilogy characters keep getting shafted in favor for the same Trilogy characters, it gets boring and stale. The initial roster for MKX just ended up being MK9 + 8 new characters & Shinnok. The only post Trilogy characters added that weren't in MK9 were Bo Rai Cho and Tanya. Personally instead of always relying on nostalgia, I think NRS should include more characters that debuted in MK4-MKD and see which ones can be improved upon. Kenshi, Tanya and Shinnok have shown what success a redesign and solid moveset can do for a post trilogy character.

I'm not saying get rid of MK1-MK3 characters completely. Obviously characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Raiden are staples. Just make the roster more than basically a rehash of the previous games' roster and have more variety in it.

That was an awful reveal teaser. The music was so anticlimatic

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    Kenshi, Tanya and Shinnok have shown what success a redesign and solid moveset can do for a post trilogy character.
    I think those guys were all pretty popular to begin with though (especially Kenshi)

I always thought that Moloch, Drahmin and Nitara had potential. And Onaga was always cool.