Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Mortal Kombat 11

Announced at the game awards.

coming to all systems (yes, switch also)

spoilers:
    So Khan's back, huh?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Oh dear god that music choice is bad. Raiden and Scorpion at least look decent. Given how screwed up Overworld was after MKX’s story I am curious where they go next. Hopefully Cassie will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:
    So Khan's back, huh?
    end of spoilers
    Time travdel is involved

Finally. Injustice is cool but I can never get into it like I can with MK because I just don't care about DC characters like that.

The first 5 months of 2019 are loaded.

Fantastic Member

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'd like for them to bring back more post Trilogy characters rather than nearly the whole roster being characters from MK1-UMK3. I'm not one of those to buy or not buy a game for 1 or 2 characters, but when most of the post Trilogy characters keep getting shafted in favor for the same Trilogy characters, it gets boring and stale. The initial roster for MKX just ended up being MK9 + 8 new characters & Shinnok. The only post Trilogy characters added that weren't in MK9 were Bo Rai Cho and Tanya. Personally instead of always relying on nostalgia, I think NRS should include more characters that debuted in MK4-MKD and see which ones can be improved upon. Kenshi, Tanya and Shinnok have shown what success a redesign and solid moveset can do for a post trilogy character.

I'm not saying get rid of MK1-MK3 characters completely. Obviously characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Raiden are staples. Just make the roster more than basically a rehash of the previous games' roster and have more variety in it.

That was an awful reveal teaser. The music was so anticlimatic

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    Kenshi, Tanya and Shinnok have shown what success a redesign and solid moveset can do for a post trilogy character.
    I think those guys were all pretty popular to begin with though (especially Kenshi)

I always thought that Moloch, Drahmin and Nitara had potential. And Onaga was always cool.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The majority of the 3D era characters sucked and weren't well received which is why they get the shaft. Kenshi and Havok were the only characters from that era that became fan favorites. I would like to see Havok back.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    I think those guys were all pretty popular to begin with though (especially Kenshi)

I always thought that Moloch, Drahmin and Nitara had potential. And Onaga was always cool.

Shinnok was definitely not popular when he debuted. He was pretty much considered to be a poor man's Shang Tsung.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The majority of the 3D era characters sucked and weren't well received which is why they get the shaft. Kenshi and Havok were the only characters from that era that became fan favorites. I would like to see Havok back.
    That is true. But then again some of the fan favorites from the original trilogy initially started out as one-note forgettable characters until their second or third appearances when they actually got some depth to them, fleshed out movesets and character development. After MK3, Cyrax rediscovered his humanity and became a part of Sonya and Jax's team and Sektor formed the Tekunin. Beforehand their roles were simply just being assassins sent by the Lin Kuei to track down Sub-Zero and kill him.

In Deception, we had Kabal reviving the Black Dragon and becoming it's new leader. Noob Saibot being revealed to be the original Sub-Zero and the current one's brother. Ermac being freed from Shao Kahn's control and becoming a good guy. In Armageddon, Rain discovered his true heritage.
    Last edited by KCJ506; 12-07-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Shinnok was definitely not popular when he debuted. He was pretty much considered to be a poor man's Shang Tsung.

That is true. But then again some of the fan favorites from the original trilogy initially started out as one-note forgettable characters until their second or third appearances when they actually got some depth to them, fleshed out movesets and character development. After MK3, Cyrax rediscovered his humanity and became a part of Sonya and Jax's team and Sektor formed the Tekunin. Beforehand their roles were simply just being assassins sent by the Lin Kuei to track down Sub-Zero and kill him.

In Deception, we had Kabal reviving the Black Dragon and becoming it's new leader. Noob Saibot being revealed to be the original Sub-Zero and the current one's brother. Ermac being freed from Shao Kahn's control and becoming a good guy. In Armageddon, Rain discovered his true heritage.
    While those characters could be better with development I doubt we'll get it as it seems Netherrealm hates some of them. One of the members of the MK team has said on record how much he hated Hsu Hao. The guy was killed off by Scorpion in the opening pages of the MKX tie-in comic. Shujinko was killed off in Cassie's ladder ending, Erron Black mentions killing Kobra when he's up against Kano, Quan Chi carries around Moloch severed head in his intro, Li Mei got demoted to being a refugee and is no longer a fighter.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    While those characters could be better with development I doubt we'll get it as it seems Netherrealm hates some of them. One of the members of the MK team has said on record how much he hated Hsu Hao. The guy was killed off by Scorpion in the opening pages of the MKX tie-in comic. Shujinko was killed off in Cassie's ladder ending, Erron Black mentions killing Kobra when he's up against Kano, Quan Chi carries around Moloch severed head in his intro, Li Mei got demoted to being a refugee and is no longer a fighter.

Actually with the exception of Li Mei, the characters you mentioned are ones I wouldn't mind if we never saw again. Aside from her, the characters I would mostly like back are Fujin, Reiko, Frost, Havik, Sareena and Kira. And maybe Hotaru, Nitara and Ashrah.

True, Shinnok wasn't as hated as guys like Hsu Hao but he didn't blow up like Quan Chi. Still, I remember people being fairly hyped for his return at the end of MK9 (or maybe it was just me), so I figured he was at least somewhat liked.

And yes, they need to bring Fujin back as more than just a cameo this time.

It pissed me off seeing Fujin in MKX as an NPC. He should have been on the playable roster.

Fantastic Member

If Fujin is not base roster this time, then Boon has totally lost his mind.