Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Yea I like that we can start over again and get a less convoluted hard to follow story. But Kronikas plan was dumb she brought back a bunch of people from the past to stand against her. But yea I'm excited to see the original Tournamnet done again reimagined with a mix of old and nee characters. The game play is fun and like the character designed for most the characters and the characters themselves are done well. Its the story and Kronika arent great. Geras is cool but probaly never see him again. But yea the main group of heroes I like how they are written and handled but yea the larger story is whatever. Cool idea but they didnt think it through

Does anyone know if A.I finshers count towards the heads for the Krypt. I'm at almost 500 finsihes and still havent gotten a single head so I'm think maybe do the gauntlet and let my A.I go as far as they can to rack up some finisher while im doing other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Her plan never made sense. What's stupid is that she says that Liu Kang and Raiden being on the same page is the biggest threat to her plan and yet she bring in past Liu and Raiden to the present during the time dispution. The story mode makes it clear her every move is a deliberate action so why bring in a incarnation of her biggest threats? Particularly from a period where they still get along? She's a massive idiot.
    spoilers:
    That's just it, they weren't supposed to be on the same page? Kronika even points out that this is not the first time that Raiden has gotten wise to her schemes and declared he will not betray Liu Kang. This is just the first time him and Liu Kang ended up fusing together to stop her. Also, she needed Revenant Liu Kang to absorb past Liu Kang's soul.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-21-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:
    That's just it, they weren't supposed to be on the same page? Kronika even points out that this is not the first time that Raiden has gotten wise to her schemes and declared he will not betray Liu Kang. This is just the first time him and Liu Kang ended up fusing together to stop her. Also, she needed Revenant Liu Kang to absorb past Liu Kang's soul.
    end of spoilers
    But then why bring young Heroes back at all. She needed Shoa Khan and some other but why did she bring Young Jax Sonya Johnny Liu,Kung etc ? Only played the story mode once but I dont recall an explanation. You can say she was cocky and thought she knew how it would turn out but again why bring them back anyway. Did she not have control. When the times started colliding was it just random. I have to play the story mode again but too busy grinding these stupid heads for the Krypt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea I like that we can start over again and get a less convoluted hard to follow story. But Kronikas plan was dumb she brought back a bunch of people from the past to stand against her. But yea I'm excited to see the original Tournamnet done again reimagined with a mix of old and nee characters. The game play is fun and like the character designed for most the characters and the characters themselves are done well. Its the story and Kronika arent great. Geras is cool but probaly never see him again. But yea the main group of heroes I like how they are written and handled but yea the larger story is whatever. Cool idea but they didnt think it through

Does anyone know if A.I finshers count towards the heads for the Krypt. I'm at almost 500 finsihes and still havent gotten a single head so I'm think maybe do the gauntlet and let my A.I go as far as they can to rack up some finisher while im doing other stuff.
    They do. I exclusively run AI on towers of time and have gotten some heads.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I think that plan is Revenant Liu doing. If that's was Kronika plan from the start then she could have taken him and Lao when she froze them in the Jinsei grotto.

iMan 42s

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Except that Liu Kang would get into conflict with Raiden and then die in the battle. So past-Liu Kang assuming Raiden didn't get the vision (also how did that happen?) would've been killed by Raiden preventing his older self from taking the soul. Also the soul was needed to amp up Revenant Liu Kang but it wasn't required for Kronika to begin changing the timeline. Liu Kang does it to assist in the defense of the island but it's not a requirement of the plan.

So bringing past incarnations of Raiden and Liu Kang from a period where they get along is not only foolish, it's so much worse because they do not have the years of manipulation to bring them to that point.

In fact, how was Kronika manipulating him? Old timeline Raiden sends a message to his current self which will prevent the destruction of the universe. Raiden then acts to prevent deaths and stop Shao Khan early and ends up killing Liu Kang. Except this time Shang Tsung didn't consume his soul and there is no botched resurrection leading to the zombie. So with Liu Kang dead, why not just keep him dead? You really only need Shao Khan and in the end not even that, just a commander for the Netherrealm armies assuming the heroes show up. So not even Shao Khan, just Sektor and his cyber ninjas since they can also be made in mass. Thus present-Liu Kang is completely unnecessary so why this was done I don't know.
    end of spoilers
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Its implied kronika was being manipulated herself

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Its implied kronika was being manipulated herself
    by who?

People raved about this story but its my least favorite of the modern MK games

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    by who?

People raved about this story but its my least favorite of the modern MK games
    the other titans/the one being

I missed that part. I know someone character ending is putting together a God squad and hunting down the other titans but I dont recall them in the main story.

They do. I exclusively run AI on towers of time and have gotten some heads.
    Ok yea they lowered it to 25 finishes right? I'm at about 550 now and still don't have one. I must be unlucky af. I mean in a perfect situation 625 would get you all the heads( 25x25.).

I didn't pick up any manipulation. The story goes out of its way to say that Kronika is behind every event in the series. I'm not seeing where there's room for the one being.

I didn't pick up any manipulation. The story goes out of its way to say that Kronika is behind every event in the series. I'm not seeing where there's room for the one being.
    Yea there are Chatacter endings that hint that Kronika was just the beginning but those arent cannon. I think its Liu Kangs character ending but I'm not sure. Whoever puts the God squad together in they're character ending.

Edit was not Liu Kang I'm watching them all right now and I'll update this.

Way off it was Scorpion. Hanzo hunts down the titans and says Kronika was not acting alone. That's why no matter howbhe shaped the sands of time his family would always die. Again character endings rarely ever end up as cannon though I'm sure one or two in the past have held up
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-22-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea there are Chatacter endings that hint that Kronika was just the beginning but those arent cannon. I think its Liu Kangs character ending but I'm not sure. Whoever puts the God squad together in they're character ending.

Edit was not Liu Kang I'm watching them all right now and I'll update this.

Way off it was Scorpion. Hanzo hunts down the titans and says Kronika was not acting alone. That's why no matter howbhe shaped the sands of time his family would always die. Again character endings rarely ever end up as cannon though I'm sure one or two in the past have held up
    The endings themselves might not be canon but the details revealed within definitely are. I can definitely believe there are other titans. If they colluded with Kronika is another story. Better hope they ain't as stupid as she was.

I collected enough severed heads to unlock two sections of Shang Tsung throne room. Getting Shao Khan head is gonna be hard as I don't have the character as I didn't pre-order the game