Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    iMan 42s

I definitely like Shang Tsung, but his actor is what really sells it. Just perfect casting of Cary Tagawa.

Not too happy that it basically confirms the DLC leak. I mean we got characters outright missing from the roster like Reptile, Ermac, Rain, Smoke, and here they are as moves for Shang Tsung to transform into. Neatherrealm, that's not what people meant by making them playable. And then you got characters like Sektor and Cyrax who are playable, but locked off to the player. And on top of that, the leak lists the likes of Spawn (confirmed), Joker, Ash, and the Terminator. Really? Not Millena or Quan Chi?

Hopefully the leaks aren't 100% legit, but I would think MK characters would get priority.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Fantastic Member

Honestly I'm not expecting any missing MKX character that was playable to be DLC. If they're not already on the base roster, then they're most likely sitting this one out.

I hardly could give less of a damn about that dlc.

Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Not too happy that it basically confirms the DLC leak. I mean we got characters outright missing from the roster like Reptile, Ermac, Rain, Smoke, and here they are as moves for Shang Tsung to transform into.
    I think people are exaggerating how much of a presence the ninjas have in Shang Tsung's moveset. Him using one recycled move of theirs from the past games isn't really comparable to making an actual playable character.

And then you got characters like Sektor and Cyrax who are playable, but locked off to the player
    Same deal. They're just stripped-down versions of Triborg with a fraction of the moves, no fatal blows, no fatalities, no variations, no intros, no victory poses and recycled animations from the last game. They're, "locked off" because they're not even close to being actual characters. Same reason any other NPC/boss character in another other game is locked off.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    I think people are exaggerating how much of a presence the ninjas have in Shang Tsung's moveset. Him using one recycled move of theirs from the past games isn't really comparable to making an actual playable character.

Same deal. They're just stripped-down versions of Triborg with a fraction of the moves, no fatal blows, no fatalities, no variations, no intros, no victory poses and recycled animations from the last game. They're, "locked off" because they're not even close to being actual characters. Same reason any other NPC/boss character in another other game is locked off.

I find myself having to repeat myself to people that making those characters into fully playable ones isn't easy as pressing a button like they make it seem. People did the same with Baraka, Sindel and Rain in MKX. Claiming that they had full movesets when their movesets in the story were just simply their MK9 moves.

iMan 42s

I'm not saying that it's easy to just flip a switch and make a character. The problem I have with Cyrax and Sektor (and the NPC fighters as a whole) was that they are playable, they just aren't done.

Neatherrealm went through all the effort of optimizing a character (even with an older kit) and making a new model and tweaking animations if only for the character to sit unused when Ash from Evil Dead will get a complete kit. The character they wholesale own who is now optimized for MK11 will do nothing but collect digital dust in an unfinished state whereas they stuck more effort into the guest characters all over again.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Having Cary's likeness and voice for a rejuvenated Shang Tsung is pretty darn awesome. The morphs into klassic ninjas is a neat enough feature.

That Kintaro fatality is pretty out there, though. Not even sure what he did there? Did he place Kintaro's soul in the body of Raiden and then make him form his own body from within?
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Having Cary's likeness and voice for a rejuvenated Shang Tsung is pretty darn awesome. The morphs into klassic ninjas is a neat enough feature.

That Kintaro fatality is pretty out there, though. Not even sure what he did there? Did he place Kintaro's soul in the body of Raiden and then make him form his own body from within?
    The best I can figure is that he spawned a new body for Kintaro out of the victim's genetic material. Think of it as the mystical equivalent of a chestbuster. I think it's some kind of reference to the movie when Shang Tsung summoned some of the warriors whose souls he'd stolen in his fight against Liu Kang.

Tsung in this game just seems to be all about referencing other characters. His moveset involves changing into other characters, his intro has him manifesting a green skull like the ones Quan Chi creates and his fatality has him resurrect Kintaro.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    So is that Shang Tsung or Chameleon?

Mighty Member

Just uninstalled this game and I'm never buying another one. Tried to play a Tower of Time fight. The AI used an overhead attack, the assist a low. No way to block both and then I was juggled, uncontrollably between the AI enemy, the assist and the modifier weapon until my health was gone. 100 to 0, and literally nothing I could do about it. Figured it was bad luck, hit retry. The exact same thing happened 3 more times. It's not that I missed a block, or was missing frame timings. It's not that I missed a read and got punished. The very first attack of the round is completely unblockable, both a low and an overhead simultaneously, and then I never even get control of my fighter back until the CPU has done it's fatality and put me back to menu.

Whoever designed this mess should straight never be allowed to develop games again. Put them in janitorial services where they belong. I'm glad I didn't bother buying DLC.

Kombat League is cool but I wish the character selection for the opponent had more options than just Scorpion. I guess some people have their games bugged and they can only pick Scorpion and I keep being matched with them.
    Last edited by Captain M; 06-24-2019 at 01:36 AM.

well, scorpion is quite easy to play. (and easy to get lot of wins with)

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    well, scorpion is quite easy to play. (and easy to get lot of wins with)
    He is kinda broken

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't mind the endless sea of Scorpions. The bad ones will heavily rely on teleport which makes it easy to blow them up.

Mighty Member

Also Shawn Kittlsen did confirm two things one Shao Kahn is alive just blinded in story mode https://twitter.com/BrutaalsThrone/s...39895163981824 and the woman from Jade's ending in MK9 is her mother https://twitter.com/kittelsen/status...01644407140352.