Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    So I saw Sindel's MK 11 ending and wow does it suck. It's a terrible retcon on her story. Hopefully the game play will be better then the retcon they gave her. Still I don't get why they put her in a role that would fit certain other characters better.
    Not necessarily a retcon, actually. When your plot is built on the fact that Kronika has access to multiple timelines, one truly evil Sindel doesn't change the MK 3 story.

As for why the change, the developers decided to lean into her visual portrayal. She LOOKS like an evil witch. So now she is. I definitely prefer the original take better, in defiance of her visual. But it is what it is.

Also, her new intro dialogues are a serious buff to Quan Chi. 'Quan Chi did it' should just be the unofficial slogan of this series. Dude basically masterminded 2/3 of the plot at this point.

He actually looks really good

the joker? really? well, i found stupid to have mk characters as dlc in injustice so i'm not going to say anything different about injustice characters in mk games.

nope, not for me, pass.

I thought Joker was a huge WTF choice at first, but damn if they didn't do a good job with him.

Fantastic Member

I'm thankful that they didn't just simply rehash his Injustice moveset. Though it seems like he's missing his buzzer. Which sucks, because that could have been used as a brutality where he uses it to turn his opponent into a charred corpse like he did to the mobster in Batman 89.

Mighty Member

Finally watched it. Pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Not necessarily a retcon, actually. When your plot is built on the fact that Kronika has access to multiple timelines, one truly evil Sindel doesn't change the MK 3 story.

As for why the change, the developers decided to lean into her visual portrayal. She LOOKS like an evil witch. So now she is. I definitely prefer the original take better, in defiance of her visual. But it is what it is.

Also, her new intro dialogues are a serious buff to Quan Chi. 'Quan Chi did it' should just be the unofficial slogan of this series. Dude basically masterminded 2/3 of the plot at this point.
    Quan chi did not need a buff. Also IMO this makes him look like an idiot. He made his own job even harder. Also I will just say this I find the leaning into her visual design very weak reasoning. Not to mention outright lazy. Truth be told she never even really looked all that evil IMO.

The wierd thing is I'm not entirely against making her have a heel turn. However the story we got was not a good way to do it. If nothing else least her gameplay is fun.

Spawn I'm personally having a blast with.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Quan chi did not need a buff. Also IMO this makes him look like an idiot. He made his own job even harder.
    Quan Chi is far and away my favorite character in the series, so agree to disagree on your first point. He's a much better villain than Shao Khan, who is just too one note.

And as to your second point, how so? His job was to destabilize Outworld and weaken it so that it wouldn't pose a threat to Shinnok. And then to make sure that Outworld and Earthrealm beat the stuffing out of each other so that they would both fall to his master quickly and with a minimum of fuss. Which he very nearly succeeded at in the original timeline, and came even closer in the new one. Murdering Sindel takes away a powerful weapon from Shao Khan. Also, perhaps unintended, it opened up Kitana to be turned against her "father" later, which further destabilized the realm. And set Khan up to get his butt kicked by Liu Kang not once, but twice. Remember, in the original timeline Shinnok's initial invasion isn't of Earthrealm, it's of the far weaker, free Edenia that results from Khan being turned into paste in MK3. Or, in the words of Khan himself, "All too easy."

Hell, if anything, the turn the story takes in MK9 with Sindel getting buffed with Shang Tsung's soul power and wiping out almost all of Earthrealm's warriors makes Quan look like a mastermind pimp. Add in the fact that the result of the those deaths ends up being every single one of those warriors, including Sindel herself being added to the Netherrealm's legions. And that it was the last straw that turned Liu Kang against Raiden, got him killed and added the most powerful warrior Earthrealm ever produced to Quan Chi's retinue and I think it paid off in spades.

It's not the beautiful, bald bastard's fault that Liu Kang is just that good, or that that the Cage bloodline was apparently bred specifically to fight gods. These things happen when you're busy toppling barbarian warlords like Khan and not paying as much attention to the pesky humans.

Mighty Member

Quan Chi is far and away my favorite character in the series, so agree to disagree on your first point. He's a much better villain than Shao Khan, who is just too one note.

And as to your second point, how so? His job was to destabilize Outworld and weaken it so that it wouldn't pose a threat to Shinnok. And then to make sure that Outworld and Earthrealm beat the stuffing out of each other so that they would both fall to his master quickly and with a minimum of fuss. Which he very nearly succeeded at in the original timeline, and came even closer in the new one. Murdering Sindel takes away a powerful weapon from Shao Khan. Also, perhaps unintended, it opened up Kitana to be turned against her "father" later, which further destabilized the realm. And set Khan up to get his butt kicked by Liu Kang not once, but twice. Remember, in the original timeline Shinnok's initial invasion isn't of Earthrealm, it's of the far weaker, free Edenia that results from Khan being turned into paste in MK3. Or, in the words of Khan himself, "All too easy."

Hell, if anything, the turn the story takes in MK9 with Sindel getting buffed with Shang Tsung's soul power and wiping out almost all of Earthrealm's warriors makes Quan look like a mastermind pimp. Add in the fact that the result of the those deaths ends up being every single one of those warriors, including Sindel herself being added to the Netherrealm's legions. And that it was the last straw that turned Liu Kang against Raiden, got him killed and added the most powerful warrior Earthrealm ever produced to Quan Chi's retinue and I think it paid off in spades.

It's not the beautiful, bald bastard's fault that Liu Kang is just that good, or that that the Cage bloodline was apparently bred specifically to fight gods. These things happen when you're busy toppling barbarian warlords like Khan and not paying as much attention to the pesky humans.
    Then he dies in mkx at the hands of scorpion after he got nerfed thanks to Shinnok being imprisoned.
    Also Kronika showing up being the mastermind kinda makes Quan chi look less impressive
    Last edited by Toxin45; 03-19-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Mighty Member

Here is Spawn'sending.

Hey I like Quan-Chi as a villain too. It's why I don't think he needs a buff. He was already established as a big threat. So a buff was unneeded. The guy was a problem for Earthrealm.

Maybe I missed something but I thought Shinnok's enemy was Raiden. Wouldn't it make more sense to have Outworld win and then attack them? Shoa Kahn isn't going to spare any of the earth defenders. So you already have one target down. Then when he he's distracted turn on him. It seems like it would be a quicker way to kill those two.
    Last edited by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE; 05-21-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Mighty Member

Getting story expansion and kombat pack 2 neat.