Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Extraordinary Member

Ugh why do they keep changing Jax's face? This guy doesnt even look like him

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ugh why do they keep changing Jax's face? This guy doesnt even look like him
    Every character's look changes with each game. Everyone got a big graphical boost, I don't see it particularly different for Jax. plus, the Jax that's on thumbnail is past Jax

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Every character's look changes with each game. Everyone got a big graphical boost, I don't see it particularly different for Jax. plus, the Jax that's on thumbnail is past Jax
    Not every character. The only thing identifiable about Jax is that he's black and has metal arms. His face looks completely different. They might as well say its a cousin thats taking up his mantle similar to the Sub Zero brothers bc he might as well be a different person

These are not the same person
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-27-2019 at 07:11 AM.

iMan 42s

I'd say that the change is largely due to graphical improvements. While we also have motion capture for the actors, the actors don't always (if ever) look like the characters. Anything like The Force Unleashed's situation where the chosen actor happens to be a dead-ringer for the character is rare. Mortal Kombat also doesn't have consistent faces and that's because you have different models or they developed faces on older hardware where the level of detail was also different. You also have availability issues which could very easily be the case or that somebody just applied for the role and got it. Mortal Kombat games don't really have a set schedule so who knows who is going to be available so I can see why someone wouldn't want to be locked in for it.

You'd think that the reboot would be more constant, and it does to some extent. But Jax appears to be modeled rather than be a motion capture character. I don't believe they used a model to create the body and voiced him later, that could be the case. But it seems Greg Eagles and Gerald C. Rivers only portrayed his voice in the recent games.

Personally I'm attached to Carl Weathers returning as Dillon as Jax for Mortal Kombat 10 to fight the Predator but that's just my preference.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Incredible Member

Cetrion, the "Crystal" of the MK11 universe, an elder goddess able to wield the four elements: Fire, Earth, Cold and Wind, she's mother nature incarnate! She's the daughter of Kronika and the sister of Shinnok, she might even be related to Raiden, MK is a grand family after all!

Much more impressed with Cetrion than Kollector. Imo out of the 3 new comers, Kollector is easily the least interesting one and overall the least interesting character in the roster.
    This only leaves Kitana and Frost to be officially revealed.
    Minus the secret unlockables of course.

Extraordinary Member

Kitana reveal trailer.

No gameplay reveal however.

I'm hyped, this and Days Gone are easily my most anticipated games right now.

Really digging both of them:

Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Wow, she really looks asian now