Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Liked the issue overall as a part one of three. Beyond the interesting mystery (who's behind the assassin and what's the big picture agenda?) and a new twist on an old idea (now it's not just X-23 clones, but a cyborg X-23 clone), I like how it's keeping things tied to the characters with the question about what to do with the assassin and giving good conflict for Laura and Gabby over whether the assassin can be saved or not (given that this franchise has dealt a lot with the idea of rescuing exploited people, I'm somewhat hoping this's a "you can't save everyone" kind of story for a change of pace and new perspective).

Given that there hasn't been any news about the series after this story arc, I really hope it's not being paused/canceled for that Age of X-Man event coming up next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Continuity gaffe on page 1: Alchemax had nothing to do with Laura, only Gabby. Looks good, otherwise. The artist is no Cabal but it's still pretty good. And I like that the jacket is remaining part of the costume, it really helps to complete the look.
    Just a generalization?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Liked the issue overall as a part one of three. Beyond the interesting mystery (who's behind the assassin and what's the big picture agenda?) and a new twist on an old idea (now it's not just X-23 clones, but a cyborg X-23 clone), I like how it's keeping things tied to the characters with the question about what to do with the assassin and giving good conflict for Laura and Gabby over whether the assassin can be saved or not (given that this franchise has dealt a lot with the idea of rescuing exploited people, I'm somewhat hoping this's a "you can't save everyone" kind of story for a change of pace and new perspective).
    I'm hoping for at least an "X-Assassin sacrifices gerself" scenario. But having Laura be forced to put ger down would make for great conflict between the sisters, and emotional ground to explore.

Given that there hasn't been any news about the series after this story arc, I really hope it's not being paused/canceled for that Age of X-Man event coming up next year.
    God I hope not, too. I already don't care for yet ANOTHER AU story/event so soon on the heels of Secret Empire. It's just getting tired.

Just a generalization?
    In which case why specifically mention Alchemax at all?
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

Pull List
    X-23 Domino

All-New Member

Laura, Beast is the nerd you trust? He failed to sus out a clone wired for audio and video.