Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Default Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 Announced

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order is announced, looks like the Black Order is going to be main villian in this game.

Obviously, Spider-Man is confirmed in roster as well as Sandman and Green Goblin confirmed as the villians.

The game is coming out on 2019 as Nintendo Switch Exclusive.

They SAY Black Order but it's obvious a build up for Thanos as the big bad...

I'm torn. I absolutely LOOOOVED Ultimate Alliance 1. I love the characters selection, the build your own team, and even the story mode. Most importantly the COSTUME SELECTIONS!!! and I think there was even a cheat code to unlock them all from the go. Something about having 70's Power Man, 70's Blade and Beta Ray Bill on a team was just GLORIOUS.

Ultimate Alliance 2... I liked a LOT less. It was so roped into the 'Civil War' story that they stole the 'build your own team' aspect. You could only pick from the Pro side or the Anti side.... and I can't remember if they had the costumes or not... I only rented it for a weekend if I remember correct.

This one? First of all I have no interest in Black order at all. The first one let us fight classics like Doom and Galactus and Loki... Black Order are mostly unknown... and what I do know, I don't care about. Secondly, the costumes are all too MCU or ANAD. In a game like this I want my classic characters in iconic costumes... Hopefully that's still an option, but so many games now want you to beat it with their crap costumes before you can play it the way you want...

Most of all, I don't have the system for this... After Spider-man PS4, I'm considering getting one... but as of right now, I'm out of luck with this announcement.

If Green Goblin is there then that means there is classic villains... they're just using the baddies from the latest Avengers movie as the final bosses.

I wouldn't worry about costumes either, there's usually alternates. So while Falcon there has his current look, he could have MCU, Captain America, and classic alts. Wolverine could have an Old Man Logan alt, an X-Force alt, and a brown and tan uniform. Spidey could have his black suit, MCU Iron Spider, and classic suit (the primary seems to be his main MCU one from Civil War and Homecoming).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Green Goblin is there then that means there is classic villains... they're just using the baddies from the latest Avengers movie as the final bosses.

I wouldn't worry about costumes either, there's usually alternates. So while Falcon there has his current look, he could have MCU, Captain America, and classic alts. Wolverine could have an Old Man Logan alt, an X-Force alt, and a brown and tan uniform. Spidey could have his black suit, MCU Iron Spider, and classic suit (the primary seems to be his main MCU one from Civil War and Homecoming).
    Yeah that's about what I figure... but Injustice SUCKS as far as alternate costumes went. Even their 'classics' were updated, modernized and 'detailed up' to the point they weren't classic anymore. I'm a little concerned for example we'll get MCU Cap, ANAD Cap, Bucky Cap and some other alternate universe cap and NOT get the classic wing-head Super Soldier that I love.

As for Villains... I love seeing Kingpin in there. Makes itREALLY likely that Daredevil makes the cut

I don't have a switch so unfortunately, I won't be getting this game. Hoping this game still do good because the second Ultimate Alliance was a major turn off due to the civil war aspect. Maybe a success in the switch will make the developers make it for PS4 and Xbox

In terms of the Spider parts of this game, Venom will probably be back or DLC and Miles will prolly be there or DLC, depending on how they handle the Champs. As with everything, Superior suit please.

Amazing Member

This was honestly underwhelming to me. From the trailer itself, the artstyle/graphics, and the fact that it's a Switch exclusive, which I don't plan on buying anytime soon. All added with my bitterness towards the lack of a reveal for the Avengers Project...
    Last edited by CosmicGoji; 12-07-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I don't have a switch so unfortunately, I won't be getting this game. Hoping this game still do good because the second Ultimate Alliance was a major turn off due to the civil war aspect. Maybe a success in the switch will make the developers make it for PS4 and Xbox
    It sounds like Nintendo is publishing the game and they hired Team Ninja (of Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive fame) to develop it for them. If this is the case it doesn't seem like it will ever be released onto a non-Nintendo console.

Robbie Daymond hints that he'll be reprising Spider-Man for this game.

(I wonder if Josh Keaton will voice the Goblin...)

Again? This guy is everywhere these days, even in the dub for Disc Wars which seriously needed a voice more like that of Neil Patrick Harris, Yuri Lowenthal, or Josh Keaton.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Again? This guy is everywhere these days, even in the dub for Disc Wars which seriously needed a voice more like that of Neil Patrick Harris, Yuri Lowenthal, or Josh Keaton.
    I think Disk Wars was actually the first time he played Spider-Man.

Incredible Member

My primary concern, despite noticing most of the characters obviously used out of Marvel Cinematic Universe, is if the Fantastic Four will be there, as well as playable.

Anyhow, might consider it, one of these days, when or if the Switch ever shrinks its price.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Disk Wars was actually the first time he played Spider-Man.
    I thought it was dubbed and released this year.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I thought it was dubbed and released this year.
    I think it's been dubbed for a while, the dub just hasn't been released stateside yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    My primary concern, despite noticing most of the characters obviously used out of Marvel Cinematic Universe, is if the Fantastic Four will be there, as well as playable.

Anyhow, might consider it, one of these days, when or if the Switch ever shrinks its price.
    We do have the X-Men in the game, which seems to imply that the Fox embargo is over. Whether the FF will appear as well has not yet been revealed, but they could potentially be in.