Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So is it about 14 characters confirmed so far?

1. Captain America
    2. Iron Man
    3. Thor
    4. Hulk
    5. Black Widow
    6. Falcon
    7. Wolverine
    8. Spider-Man
    9. Nick Fury
    10. Star Lord
    11. Gamora
    12. Drax
    13. Groot/Rocket Raccoon
    14. Crystal/Lockjaw

Have I missed anyone else confirmed?
    Scarlet Witch only.

I think Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Doctor Strange are very safe bets.
    I think Wasp, Ant-Man, Winter Soldier, Storm are also very likely.

We'll see who else gets in

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Scarlet Witch. And I know she isn't the trailer, but Captain Marvel is most definitely in this game. I wouldn't know why they'd leave her out.
    Yeah I just noticed her on the team picture after I posted that. I also assume that Lockjaw is an ally for Crystal in the same way Rocket appears to be for Groot, unless he’s his own character... if we’re having Inhumans I would like to see Black Bolt, Medusa and of course Kamala’s Ms Marvel, who should definitely be in alongside Squirrel Girl as fan favourites.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Is Namor in it?

Probably not, considering he is not in a single freaking game Marvel has put out since ... 2006? The first Ultimate Alliance. And IIRC, he wasn't playable then.

So, yet again, I won't be buying or playing this game.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Is Namor in it?

Probably not, considering he is not in a single freaking game Marvel has put out since ... 2006? The first Ultimate Alliance. And IIRC, he wasn't playable then.

Namor’s rights seem to have gotten complicated in recent times, so even though he appeared in MUA1 (and I think was playable in one of the portable versions) by 2013 when the first LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game was released at a time virtually every character was allowed (this was a year before the Marvel Fox media breakdown with Ike Perlmutter getting ticked at Fox refusing to sell Fantastic Four and having the first successful non Avengers movie with DOFP) Namor wasn’t allowed to appear according to Travelers Tales. So I presume sometime between 2006 and 2013 his rights in media became too complicated, possibly because of Universal’s idea about making a stand-alone Namor film since they had the film rights. So I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you.

Is Namor in it?

Namor in a game...

Maybe one day

Astonishing Member

Is Namor in it?

He was playable in the GBA version along with Vision and I believe Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Hopefully we see the FF. Otherwise, I'm sure we'll see all the people we're looking forward to seeing and this looks fun. I already have a Switch, so that helps.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Namor wasn’t in LEGO marvel superheroes so I think it’s unlikely. What a shame. At least until the rights come back

looks budget like they ported a mobile game.

Not sure if this will live up to the other versions
    The J-man

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Namor’s rights seem to have gotten complicated in recent times, so even though he appeared in MUA1 (and I think was playable in one of the portable versions) by 2013 when the first LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game was released at a time virtually every character was allowed (this was a year before the Marvel Fox media breakdown with Ike Perlmutter getting ticked at Fox refusing to sell Fantastic Four and having the first successful non Avengers movie with DOFP) Namor wasn’t allowed to appear according to Travelers Tales. So I presume sometime between 2006 and 2013 his rights in media became too complicated, possibly because of Universal’s idea about making a stand-alone Namor film since they had the film rights. So I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you.
    I'm not holding my breath, at all. Marvel has mistreated the character for over a decade.

Rights are not complicated if you _want_ to use the character. See Hulk, Spidey, X-men, FF, etc. Marvel, for whatever reason, doesn't want to, despite the fact that Namor has appeared in several major story lines that are being used in the games and movies, or that's he intertwined with 80 years of MU history, or that he offers an amazing and unique visual setting.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    It's basically upscaling models used in a variety of the Marvel app games, like Future Fight, Strike Force, prolly Marvel vs Capcom Infinite as well.
    The animation and character designs reminded me of a more upscale Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Just need to have Jan confirmed
    I think if we get Ant-Man and Wasp it'll probably be Scott and Nadia.
    Given Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 had Nick Fury Senior as a significant character I am curious how they plan to explain the change to the Samuel Jackson version given this is touted as sequel... not that I will be playing since I am not buying a Switch just for the idiotic decision to make this game a Switch exclusive.
    I doubt there is going to be much continuity with this and past Ultimate Alliance games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I wouldn't expect FF in any games, don't hold your breathe on that
    I mean, they're just slowly lifting the media embargo for the X-Men, so I think we'll have to wait a little longer before the FF are prominent again.
    Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    And I know she isn't the trailer, but Captain Marvel is most definitely in this game. I wouldn't know why they'd leave her out.
    I'm surprised neither she nor Black Panther were in the trailre.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I doubt there is going to be much continuity with this and past Ultimate Alliance games.
    Was there any continuity between the first two? I remember the 'sequel' being more about game style than a continuing story, but it's been loooong time.

People not in the trailer I would almost guarantee will still show up:

Black Panther (duh)
    Captain Marvel (also duh)
    Daredevil (the fact that the Hand are seen in the trailer is a dead giveaway)
    Ms. Marvel (since they're using the Inhumans, they're definitely going to use the most popular one)
    Storm (a mainstay in the previous two games, and if the X-Men are back in use she's a shoe-in)
    Cyclops (see above)
    Deadpool (insanely popular, and a mainstay of the previous games)
    Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
    Wasp (could go either way but wouldn't be surprised if it were Hope or Nadia)

If it's a success I guarantee we'll see some of the Eternals and Shang-Chi as DLC.

The question is, will we see playable villains? Because if so, Loki, Magneto and Venom are givens.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Was there any continuity between the first two? I remember the 'sequel' being more about game style than a continuing story, but it's been loooong time.
    Very loose. There are some scattered references to the first game in the sequel (I think Thor mentions that Odin has imprisoned Loki and Doom for their crimes), but the plot is mostly standalone.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    There were some references to the events of the first game but they were more side-stuff and not really important to the main story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    People not in the trailer I would almost guarantee will still show up:

Black Panther (duh)
    Captain Marvel (also duh)
    Daredevil (the fact that the Hand are seen in the trailer is a dead giveaway)
    Ms. Marvel (since they're using the Inhumans, they're definitely going to use the most popular one)
    Storm (a mainstay in the previous two games, and if the X-Men are back in use she's a shoe-in)
    Cyclops (see above)
    Deadpool (insanely popular, and a mainstay of the previous games)

The question is, will we see playable villains? Because if so, Loki, Magneto and Venom are givens.
    I hope we get Nolan North as Deadpool back if he's in this (although John Kassir was a franchise staple...)

I could also see them making the Goblin playable since he was in MUA2.

I wonder if Fury will be playable?

BANNED

As long as they make that clear instead of just ‘Fury is a black dude now’ then that can work perfectly well.

I think exclusives are usually a bad call but given that Spider-Man is Sony’s baby and they had Insommiac involved I guess I can’t entirely complain if Nintendo and Team Ninja resolved to do the same. It still stupid though given the original audience of MUA 1 and 2 would have come from the PS3 and X-Box consoles. Ignoring that older audience alongside the new generation is just stupid. I can only hope that somehow they get allowed to eventually port it over to the other consoles.
    Well there was also a wii version and a smaller DS version of MU2 so its not like they would all come from PS3 and Xbox.