Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Cyclops and Colossus appear as NPCs but from today's trailer, we can see Beast in Hel along with all the other playable X-Men so he has chances still

Either way I'm sure they'll end up being playable once the DLCs come out in the Fall

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    You would think they would put BB and Medusa before Crystal though.
    I'm absolutely OK with Black Bolt as an NPC. If done right, he's gamebreaking so they would almost certainly tone him down. I realize there's always strength disparities they tone down, but it would be an extreme change.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm absolutely OK with Black Bolt as an NPC. If done right, he's gamebreaking so they would almost certainly tone him down. I realize there's always strength disparities they tone down, but it would be an extreme change.
    Not with how he has been depicted lately. Black Bolt's power levels in all mediums has been severely dialed back over the past few years.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's a video game. Black Bolt with his canon power levels would only be shown in cutscenes. It won't matter with gameplay.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Scarlet Witch is listed as an X-Man. Be still my beating heart.
    Hmm thats interesting. Thought she would be considered an Avenger.

I am guessing that's licensing-related, given the way she was often included in X-Men media for most of her existence (the 90s cartoon, X-Men Evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Men Legends, ect). Similarly, Deadpool is grouped in with the X-Men, even though I don't believe he's ever been an official member of the team.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Elektra is listed as a Defender. Being an antagonist for the Netflix series is the closest she ever came to being a member. They probably just needed a character to fill the slot with Jessica Jones not being in.

I just pre-ordered the game solely because the Fantastic Four are in the expansion pass..... I hate myself sometimes.

Last edited by Crimz; 06-11-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Scarlet Witch is listed as an X-Man. Be still my beating heart.
    Why... robbing a girl of her true identity.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I just pre-ordered the game solely because the Fantastic Four are in the expansion pass..... I hate myself sometimes.

LMAO Sue will be worth it.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Elektra is listed as a Defender. Being an antagonist for the Netflix series is the closest she ever came to being a member. They probably just needed a character to fill the slot with Jessica Jones not being in.
    Elektra was a member during Bendis' Defenders run... if not officially then at least counted as one for how little she actually appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Why... robbing a girl of her true identity.
    Because it's a long time coming, and it also establishes Wanda's true identity as a mutant in this game and hopefully soon going forward in the comics as well. When the X-Men are more established I still think Wanda should have a decent tenure on a team of X-Men in order to establish that she's moved past M-Day. She has a lot on the mutant side to still make up for.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Elektra was a member during Bendis' Defenders run... if not officially then at least counted as one for how little she actually appeared.

Because it's a long time coming, and it also establishes Wanda's true identity as a mutant in this game and hopefully soon going forward in the comics as well. When the X-Men are more established I still think Wanda should have a decent tenure on a team of X-Men in order to establish that she's moved past M-Day. She has a lot on the mutant side to still make up for.
    I always liked the fact that she was a mutant and not on a mutant team. It creates more diversity and doesn't tie mutants down to only being X-characters. Plus, she's been on the Avengers since the 60's. They should include the Uncanny Avengers if anything.

Extraordinary Member

Her Avengers identity should come first under any circumstance. That is what defines her more than anything else.
    She hasn't even got to reclaim a steady position in Avengers back and somehow X-Men and Mutant ties are that important to her?
    I want her accurately presented and her major history respected, and this is not a sign of it.
    Mutant Avenger, Mystical Avenger, whatever, the key point is to acknowledge her as an Avenger than anything else.

If she really moved past HoM, she should have her status as a classic Avenger back and not unnecessarily tied to X-Franchise in a potentially harmful way.

Also since you mentioned long time coming, her not being a Mutant has been like for what? 4 Years? While her original place as an Avenger has been gone for 7 years, 14 if you consider her not really being in Avengers team that often after TCC. If anything it's her Avengers side that need make-up and recognition.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-11-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I don’t think her being listed as an X-Man here is harmful considering she was one of the first revealed playable characters. That doesn’t seem like a bad thing.