Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    izzat tony next to him, then he might be playable
    Yeah, that looks like Tony's armor and repulsor glove.

I could kind of buy Vision not being playable for the reasons Holt suggested but I kind of don't think they'd put him there if he wasn't playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nova is probably the only other major teen hero who I could buy them putting in.

I think either Cyclops or Iceman are likely.

Come to think of it, Vision's not in it, is he?
    Wasp could have Nadia's costume as an alt, that could count towards the Champions team bonus.

I've had a Switch for several months now, best $300 I've spent, the graphics seem improved from the initial trailer and all the characters I wanted are in. There are now no reasons not to buy this game.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Ok so while I was definitely planning to get the game down the line, latest announcement for me bumped it up to getting it at launch date. So hyped now.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I don't think Scott would be the choice for the last X Man - I'm super prepared to be wrong but I think Jean has the biggest chance of making a playable appearance. She's the only really viable psychic and telekinetic if the F4 aren't showing up, and that'd be ignoring an entire subset of powers that the devs could work with otherwise. Plus, she's appeared in all four previous games in some capacity and has a movie releasing, as well as being one of the recent faces of the X Men.

I'm also pretty sure that we're going to see Jessica Jones, Medusa, and Karnak or maybe inferno
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 05-07-2019 at 05:33 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Carnage needs to be dlc

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't think Scott would be the choice for the last X Man - I'm super prepared to be wrong but I think Jean has the biggest chance of making a playable appearance. She's the only really viable psychic and telekinetic if the F4 aren't showing up, and that'd be ignoring an entire subset of powers that the devs could work with otherwise. Plus, she's appeared in all four previous games in some capacity and has a movie releasing, as well as being one of the recent faces of the X Men.

I'm also pretty sure that we're going to see Jessica Jones, Medusa, and Karnak or maybe inferno
    I'm kind of leaning towards Iceman if it's not Cyclops, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of leaning towards Iceman if it's not Cyclops, to be honest.
    I think Iceman is more likely than Cyclops. He's a staple too, and has a neat power set.

The ideal for me would be both Jean and Iceman, but...

I also realized that if they weren't able to use the F4 then they might be including characters with similar powers as replacements. Hulk, Kamala - and then Inferno and Jean.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Would be interesting if Jessica made the cut, but I’m personally hoping Luke comes back. Maybe throw in Moon Girl as well, who wouldn’t want to unleash hell with a T-Rex?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

lunella would make this the greatest game of all time, too much power
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Would be interesting if Jessica made the cut, but I’m personally hoping Luke comes back. Maybe throw in Moon Girl as well, who wouldn’t want to unleash hell with a T-Rex?
    Oh that'd be a fun. A full NuHumans team bonus if Crystal weren't in and it was like, Quake instead.

Kamala, Lunella, Daisy, and Inferno. NuHumans or Secret Warriors.

Extraordinary Member

Oh that'd be a fun. A full NuHumans team bonus if Crystal weren't in and it was like, Quake instead.

Kamala, Lunella, Daisy, and Inferno. NuHumans or Secret Warriors.
    Does Daisy count as a Nuhuman though? How exactly did they retcon her into an Inhuman though?
    I think Nuhumans refer to Inhumans who awakened their power Post-Infinity and don't belong to any known Inhuman faction.(Attilan, Orrolan, Ennilux, etc.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-07-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Does Daisy count as a Nuhuman though? How exactly did they retcon her into an Inhuman though?
    I think Nuhumans refers to Inhumans who awakened their power Post-Infinity and don't belong to any known Inhuman faction.(Attilan, Orrolan, Ennilux, etc.)
    Yeah, that's why I said maybe Secret Warriors instead.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think Nuhumans refer to Inhumans who awakened their power Post-Infinity and don't belong to any known Inhuman faction.(Attilan, Orrolan, Ennilux, etc.)
    She was basically a nuhuman. Her mother had the latent Inhuman genes (common in the other nuhumans) and it was her father, Mister Hyde's, chemical experimentation on himself before conceiving her that somehow triggered Inhuman powers for Daisy.

Exposure to the terrigen cloud didn't change her powers, but left scars on her face that made her look more like Hyde. (The comic this was revealed in also had Skye be a nickname for her from Coulson)

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Some info I gathered around gaming websites

-Team bonuses are returning (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Wisecracking Warriors, Women of Marvel, Midnight Sons, Defenders, etc.)

-Over two dozens playable characters

-An item drop called XP Cubes will allow for rapid level-ups

-Four characters will be present on-screen at all times

-Can be played with local online, solo, or online

-Heavies, mini-bosses and bosses have a "stamina bar" that needs to be drained out before dealing massive damage (certain heroes are better at this than others)

-Strategic boss battles, example being luring Venom to a sonic alarm to open him up to attacks

-RPG stats like: Strength, Vitality, Mastery?, Resistance, Durability, and Energy are present

-Alliance upgrade system on top of regular hero upgrades, unlocked using credits and a new currency called: Enhancement Points. A node-based upgrade system that effects your whole team with upgrades like stat increases, ie: Might, energy, defensive and offensive buffs.

-ISO-8 will be akin to gear equips, looks like we can have four equipped at a time. Decreased damage when low on health, more HP orbs after defeating an enemy, adding shock damage to certain abilities and attacks. Can also be dismantled to upgrade existing pieces of ISO-8 further.

-A new unlockable feature for the main menu called Infinity Trials will allow us to take on challenges akin to Comic Missions from the past MUA games. Each challenge is split in to groups based off Greek letters such as Lambda and Sigma, each one beaten unlocks another in an interconnecting web that has rewards available only in these challenges. Example: Defeat 200 Hydra agents with a countdown, every enemy beaten extends the timer. Rewards include: leveling opportunities, currency of various types, new characters and hero outfits. (Please let Thanos be a reward character.)

-Different difficulties like: Casual, the "friendly" difficulty with emphasis on button-mashing to victory, Mighty, for greater challenges and a new difficulty after clearing the story once.

-New Game Plus is a thing, alliance enhancements and character levels will transfer over to the second playthrough and chapter selection will be a thing too.

-Unlockable costumes and a dedicated "quip" button have also been confirmed as well!

-Blue glowing S.H.I.E.L.D. points from the old games are back

Info on how this game came to be:
    Mike Jones, Marvel Games VP and executive producer on resurrecting this once dormant franchise-"We knew it was really important to a lot of people. But we also knew that after 10 years of not having another installment, it wasn't going to be enough to just make a sequel...So, for the last few years, we were on the lookout of what that might be. And then one day we found our answer."

-Nintendo visited Marvel before the Switch was publicly revealed to show off early hardware plans and "a vision for a system focused on social and shared play experiences."

-Bill Trinen-"There was a mutual feeling that the series itself was one we hadn't seen in a long time, and that we wanted to see it come back. From a Marvel content perspective, that feels like the perfect fit for the Switch platform because of the multiplayer focus, and because of the versatility of the platform."

-Mike Jones on coming to the decision to enlist Team Ninja on development duties-"In parallel to all of these conversations, we were also huge fans of Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo and their esteemed history...We had always been looking for a way to work with them on a project together, and Nintendo already had a fantastic relationship there."

-Team Ninja is "filled with self-professed Marvel enthusiasts" which played a part in pitching the game

Story details:
    Mark Sumerak, who worked on Avengers comics for Marvel, was enlisted to write the story for UA3 after he "gained recognition writing a number of all-ages Marvel titles that required knowledge of a wide variety of the heroes and villians. He also happened to be an avid gamer, and fan of the earlier games."

-The game opens on the Milano, after yet another job that goes wrong for the Guardians of the Galaxy

-Next chapter of the game takes place during a prison break on the Raft
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 05-07-2019 at 10:33 PM.