Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    It doesn't kill my excitement for the game, but I find it a bit disappointing that we are limited to only 4 skills.
    Well yeah it's based on games like Diablo. You can only equip a fixed number of skills.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well yeah it's based on games like Diablo. You can only equip a fixed number of skills.
    My problem isn't that we can only equip 4 skills at a time. My disappointment is that each character only has a total of four skills.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

To be fair that's what they did in MUA2 as well as the original X-Men Legends, which started this whole concept. If each character is unique enough it shouldn't be an issue.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    To be fair that's what they did in MUA2 as well as the original X-Men Legends, which started this whole concept. If each character is unique enough it shouldn't be an issue.
    But MUA 1 had more options and, personally, I enjoyed it more. That was my one big disappointment with MUA 2. As I said, it won't stop me from enjoying this game at all, but it would have been an added bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    But MUA 1 had more options and, personally, I enjoyed it more. That was my one big disappointment with MUA 2. As I said, it won't stop me from enjoying this game at all, but it would have been an added bonus.
    MUA1 had more options (as did XML2) but that was at the detriment of uniqueness. There was a lot of skill overlap between certain characters where they could do the exact same things as some other characters unless they had a particular niche. Mind you, this isn't something they were able to avoid in MUA2, but it's easier not to have overlap with only four skills.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

MUA1 had more options (as did XML2) but that was at the detriment of uniqueness. There was a lot of skill overlap between certain characters where they could do the exact same things as some other characters unless they had a particular niche. Mind you, this isn't something they were able to avoid in MUA2, but it's easier not to have overlap with only four skills.
    But, for example, someone who wants to main Wanda may be put off by the fact that one of her four skills is a heal. That could result in someone not enjoying her as much as anticipated. If you want a purely offensive character then there is no option but to pick another character or accept that your favorite character isn't what you wanted. Perhaps I was spoiled by Marvel Heroes and MUA, but I enjoyed the concept of being able to build my favorite character the way I wanted, even if that meant my character played the same or similarly to another.

Sure, that is a personal problem and doesn't break the enjoyment of the overall game, but I am always for being able to choose how to build your characters and an option for that would have been nice. I agree that characters should feel unique and that in part can be achieved by using different visuals. I mean I am not saying every character should have 10 abilities, even 8 or 6 would have provided some sort of customization.

It is what it is at this point since that is the direction the developers have chosen to take the game in. I am just happy that the game series is continuing in some form.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 05-09-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Exclusive gameplay

Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 05-11-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Storm has so much AOE I LOVE IT! Scarlet Witch wasn't looking too bad herself.

Roster size is over 30 heroes. We're sitting at 29 right now.

They mentioned a team bonus called "Midnight Sons."

If that means Blade and Ghost Rider are in it (I'd prefer Robbie but would be happy with any version), that'd be kickass.

Wouldn't be surprised if either more villains turn out to be playable or we're talking DLC now.

I hope the over 30 is the base roster and not including DLC. Over 30 might be 35.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Demo gameplay. Still wanna see how it looks with the UI.
    "Cable was right!"

MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: the Black Order characters mentioned so far;

Nick Fury
    Captain America
    Iron Man
    Thor
    Captain Marvel
    Hulk
    Black Panther
    Scarlet Witch
    Vision
    Hawkeye
    Falcon
    Black Widow
    Wasp
    Doctor Strange
    Spider-Man
    Miles Morales
    Venom
    Spider-Gwen
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Night Crawler
    Deadpool
    Star Lord
    Gamora
    Drax
    Rocket Racoon
    Groot
    Daredevil
    Iron Fist
    Crystal
    Lockjaw
    Ms Marvel

Thanos
    Corvas Glaive
    Proxima Midnight
    Ebony Maw
    Cull Obsidian/Black Dwarf
    Super Giant
    Ultron
    Venom
    Green Goblin
    Sandman
    Electro
    Kingpin
    Sentinels
    Kree soldiers
    Ultronbots
    AIM agents
    Hand Ninjas
    Raft prisoners
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 05-11-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Nick Fury isn't playable this time around, and neither is Lockjaw, who seems to act as the 'extraction point' this time. Here's the confirmed 29:

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if either more villains turn out to be playable or we're talking DLC now.
    Like I said I expect the team bonuses that we are definitely getting to be finished, though the fact that some of them are stackable makes me wonder if all four are actually needed.

Also, it was on a Japanese Gameplay Trailer that 'over 30' was mentioned, so that's likely in the base.