Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Just need to have Jan confirmed
    Many of the mobile games like future fight have proved that Wasp can be easily made playable, so I have high hopes she'll appear too, especially after the movie of Ant-man and Wasp.

The high I was on from seeing this announced came crashing down severely after watching the trailer.

I loved the first two games, but this looks like a mobile port and they just used the branding of Ultimate Alliance. It looks awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    I loved the first two games, but this looks like a mobile port and they just used the branding of Ultimate Alliance. It looks awful.
    I have had the misfortune of playing a lot of UA and UA2 in the past year.

They both have terrible presentation. UA has some of the worst I've ever seen in a game of significance.

While this new game is more stylized, the cel-shading and actually well-animated cutscenes already make it shred the original two games to pieces.

Also, the devs behind this are Team Ninja, from Ninja Gaiden. Actual action game devs. So this game being the absolute best in the series is an extremely likely possibility.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Team Ninja?

As long as they're not writing the plot (re: Other M) it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Team Ninja?

As long as they're not writing the plot (re: Other M) it's all good.
    They were only on Other M for the gameplay. The story was by veteran Metroid director Sakamoto, who is not really a writer from a company that barely puts out actual stories.

And while Other M's normal control scheme was just a D-Pad and two buttons, it was a blast to play. This game's in good hands.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Given Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 had Nick Fury Senior as a significant character I am curious how they plan to explain the change to the Samuel Jackson version given this is touted as sequel... not that I will be playing since I am not buying a Switch just for the idiotic decision to make this game a Switch exclusive.

Interested, until the Switch exclusive thing.

Still need to get a Switch but I'm down. I'm also glad we're starting to get X-Men in video games again. Well it's only Wolverine and Sentinels so far but I expect more to come

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Still need to get a Switch but I'm down. I'm also glad we're starting to get X-Men in video games again. Well it's only Wolverine and Sentinels so far but I expect more to come
    It's funny how after Marvel vs Capcom's fiasco they made sure to have a big scene of Wolverine and the Sentinels in the first trailer just to head off the potential controversy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Given Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 had Nick Fury Senior as a significant character I am curious how they plan to explain the change to the Samuel Jackson version given this is touted as sequel... not that I will be playing since I am not buying a Switch just for the idiotic decision to make this game a Switch exclusive.
    Why would they not just go the comics route and make the Samuel Jackson version his son? Pretty straight forward.

I love the fact that its coming for the switch. Although I completely get the irritation of exclusives (Looking at you Spider-man only for the PS4)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Why would they not just go the comics route and make the Samuel Jackson version his son? Pretty straight forward.

I love the fact that its coming for the switch. Although I completely get the irritation of exclusives (Looking at you Spider-man only for the PS4)
    As long as they make that clear instead of just ‘Fury is a black dude now’ then that can work perfectly well.

I think exclusives are usually a bad call but given that Spider-Man is Sony’s baby and they had Insommiac involved I guess I can’t entirely complain if Nintendo and Team Ninja resolved to do the same. It still stupid though given the original audience of MUA 1 and 2 would have come from the PS3 and X-Box consoles. Ignoring that older audience alongside the new generation is just stupid. I can only hope that somehow they get allowed to eventually port it over to the other consoles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    No sign of the F4 yet
    Well technically we do have 4 members from the team have been shown, but ya they will add the main ones even if they were having characters before the Fox deal, the problem with the X-men it was giving Fox stuff to make money but with the F4 they lost money, so Marvel can use them as much as they want and didn't have to worry about Fox getting stuff.

iMan 42s

Ultimate Alliance was originally a X-box 360 title if I'm not mistaken. That being said, it did shortly come out for practically everything at the time just like it's sequel. While it being an exclusive does have precedence, it certainly didn't last very long.

But I do find some confusion at the decision making here.

1. By the time of release we are going to be 10 years following the prior title.
    2. Ultimate Alliance is built to play similarly to Diablo. It's basically a dungeon crawler RPG. Going over the shoulder misses the damn point.
    3. You can't grantee name value being a factor to shell out 300 dollars just to play a single game if they haven't owned one.
    4. Anybody who is playing Ultimate Alliance or cares their is a third game in the series more than likely played on 360 or PS3. It originally was a 360 exclusive and that and PS3 was the big consoles that people played at the time. Sure people did play it on the Wii, but the Wii having the most hilariously bad catalogue out of the systems at the time just seems bizzare that anybody who cares came from that.

It just reeks of bizarre business decisions. Are they really expecting me to shell out 300 dollars for this? Or did they actually expect me to have come from the laughing stock that was the Nintendo Wii? Sure the Switch is better, but why would I only get it for Ultimate Alliance?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I wouldn't expect FF in any games, don't hold your breathe on that