Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Was there any continuity between the first two? I remember the 'sequel' being more about game style than a continuing story, but it's been loooong time.
    Doom's abscence after the end of the first game,allowed the rise of Lucia von Bardas and the beginning of the game version of Secret War. Galactus cliffhanger in the end of MUA was referenced in a dialogue with Thor in Avengers Tower. So,there was a connection. I feel this game will ignore the previous continuity and start in a zero point.It's more easy than expalining Nick Fury's race differences or the abscence of FF.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

iMan 42s

Doesn't that mean it's not a sequel? Why not just reboot the title in that case? It will be ten years later and if we're just going to start over on a single console than it might as well be a reboot.

Making it a sequel implies that there is connective narrative tissue from the last title to this one. Not all sequels are direct sequels. But there is connective tissue present in some form or another. So if we are just going to reboot then what is the 3 here for if only to trick the audience into thinking its the long awaited sequel?

Isn't it easier to just say Nick Fury had a son and that's who this guy is? The FF are just not home or just not seen, and that some might reference the invasion of the Fold from the last game but it's not needed to know what's going on now considering it has been 10 years.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It doesn't necessarily imply connective narrative tissues. Each Super Smash Bros sequel doesn't really build on the last game. There's games like Civilization and Total War where the sequel is clearly a remake.

That being said, while there's clear movie influences, this still seems to follow the current comics continuity. So that would imply Sam Jackson Nick Fury is Nick Fury Jr.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

To be fair I will point out that they used Sam Jackson Fury in X-Men Legends 2 before the white Fury appears in both MUA1 and 2, so there’s a question of that, assuming Legends and Ultimate Alliance were meant to be in the same continuity...

I forgot Squirrel Girl. She will probably be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It doesn't necessarily imply connective narrative tissues. Each Super Smash Bros sequel doesn't really build on the last game. There's games like Civilization and Total War where the sequel is clearly a remake.
    The Marvel vs. Capcom games were also numbered sequels that had nothing remotely approaching a coherent continuity or story.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    To be fair I will point out that they used Sam Jackson Fury in X-Men Legends 2 before the white Fury appears in both MUA1 and 2, so there’s a question of that, assuming Legends and Ultimate Alliance were meant to be in the same continuity...
    I think that it could be in the same universe(X-men Legends and MUA).What could help the situation with Fury is that Fury in X-Men Legends 2 was in a dialogue and not in presence or a cutscene, so it was more easy to use classic Fury in MUA 1 & 2. Although the true reason was that Marvel was more focused on Ultimate Universe visually with 616 elements in X-Men Legends games while in MUA,they desided to go full 616 visually and aestheticaly. MUA 3 is a product of Disney/MCU era,so there are 2 possibilities. One,they'll ignore all the previous games and start with their own continuity or having some loose references from previous one,but they'll ignore that visually they used classic marvel looks.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Someone caught Vision in the trailer, he is confirmed! I'm excited for the other reveals.

Vision would be so much fun to play with

I hope they bring back the alternate costume system from the first game. It was a really cool idea and I was annoyed they toned it down so much in the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I hope they bring back the alternate costume system from the first game. It was a really cool idea and I was annoyed they toned it down so much in the sequel.
    I'm sure they will. Marvel games are known for this

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Someone caught Vision in the trailer, he is confirmed! I'm excited for the other reveals.
    I am curious to see how his power set might be utilized, and this does mean Kitty Pryde (ideally with Lockheed as an ally) could appear.

Welp, looks like I'm buying a Switch next year. I'm a huge fan of the UA games, being one of the few who purchased the recent console remasters. No way I'm missing this, regardless of outlay needed to play it.

I really hope we'll see more alt costumes then we did in UA2, which featured a measly 2 choices per character, that's probably my biggest hope. As for additional characters, I want tons of choice. These games are known for diverse rosters, so bring it on. It's difficult to hope for more X-Men though, and I can't help but wonder whether he's the token X-Men inclusion, just to ward off those very complaints about their ban from use.

I'm really hoping for the following additions to the playable roster: The FF
    Jean Grey
    Cyclops
    Archangel
    Colossus
    Bishop
    Surge
    Wonder Man

But that's probably way too many X-characters for the current climate.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm expecting enough X-Men for a single team, and if I had to hazard a guess, the three that we haven't seen are Storm, Iceman, and Jean Grey. Storm and Iceman because they're the other two mainstays and Jean because she's both the only really viable psychic character for the roster and the current face of the X-Men.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Since it hasn't been brought up on this thread yet, the game is being published by Nintendo. If you thought this would be a timed exclusive abandon that hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'm expecting enough X-Men for a single team, and if I had to hazard a guess, the three that we haven't seen are Storm, Iceman, and Jean Grey. Storm and Iceman because they're the other two mainstays and Jean because she's both the only really viable psychic character for the roster and the current face of the X-Men.
    That sounds likely. One of my favorite parts of the past games was Iceman's ice slides.

I'd say Colossus also has a decent shot, gives them another bruiser for the roster.