Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I kinda think this may have been my favorite issue so far of the new run, I don't know what it is but that combination of Nick Spencer and Ryan Ottley is just magic. Always have been a fan of Ramos' art but kinda wish we'd have more another new visual voice to share the art duties with Ryan Ottley. The Christmas time setting and Jameson really shining also helps.

If that is indeed Frederick Foswell as the Big Man wanting revenge against Jameson it's cool that the Enforcers also appeared in this issue under his employ. It's a nice throwback to almost 800 issues ago with ASM #10. I really disliked how Clone Conspiracy turned out but I like the fact that lots of old characters can be back again and hopefully do some new worthwhile things.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 12-13-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Yawn......just another superb issue by Spencer and more amazing art by Ryan Ottley! I enjoyed Ramos' issues but Ottley is really a perfect fit with Spencer for this title; I know he can't put out 2 issues every month but I wish he could!

Just more great character work especially with JJJ; nice setup with the looming threat against Jonah and how Mayor Fisk will now fit into Spidey's world. The only unnecessary bit was the the sort of silly part with the Hippo but that was only a few pages and we got some nice artwork out of it anyway!

The Nick Spencer awesome train just keeps on a'rollin'.....

Fantastic Member

Sorry for the silly question;
    On my desktop I can highlight the yellow "Spoiler boxes" and the text is revealed, but can't do the same on my iPhone: It's just a blank yellow box, no matter what I do.
    Any ideas how to read spoilers on cell phone?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Yawn......just another superb issue by Spencer.

Just more great character work especially with JJJ; nice setup with the looming threat against Jonah and how Mayor Fisk will now fit into Spidey's world. The only unnecessary bit was the the sort of silly part with the Hippo but that was only a few pages and we got some nice artwork out of it anyway!

The Nick Spencer awesome train just keeps on a'rollin'.....
    Agreed wholeheartedly, long may it continue.

"Galactus Hungers...for friendship!"

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The Sin-Eater would be a good one to see under Nick Spencer's pen. Wasn't Jonah one of his targets in that arc, if I recall right?
    I've never actually read it

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The Sin-Eater would be a good one to see under Nick Spencer's pen. Wasn't Jonah one of his targets in that arc, if I recall right?
    That's a great call and, yes, JJJ was indeed one of his targets way back in the first Sin-Eater arc ("Death of Jean DeWolffe"). Now that you say it, some of what I like about Spencer's writing is that it is reminiscent of Peter David's golden era of the 1980's. Again, great call!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    That's a great call and, yes, JJJ was indeed one of his targets way back in the first Sin-Eater arc ("Death of Jean DeWolffe"). Now that you say it, some of what I like about Spencer's writing is that it is reminiscent of Peter David's golden era of the 1980's. Again, great call!
    Thanks. The Sin-Eater idea actually came from Michael Watkins, if I'm not mistaken. I just piggybacked on it because if this new arc is about Jameson's sins coming back to haunt him once again vis-à-vis his attempt to restore his former glory and status, (a new) Sin-Eater would make a great villain/antagonist.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So- did Spidey and Jameson ever hash it out over why jjj kept sending spider slayers and scorpions on him?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So- did Spidey and Jameson ever hash it out over why jjj kept sending spider slayers and scorpions on him?
    I believe they argued about that back in Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #6 by Chip Zdarsky, right before the Legacy renumbering started.
    The spider is always on the hunt.