Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    This is glorious. Spencer is killing it. He was born to write ASM.
    He's doing a great job at the moment IMO as well. Long may it continue to be an enjoyable run

I wish J. Jonah Jameson would just go back to publishing The Daily Bugle , I miss the staff , and some of the best stories revolved around the staff

Daily-Bugle.jpg

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    I wish J. Jonah Jameson would just go back to publishing The Daily Bugle , I miss the staff , and some of the best stories revolved around the staff

Daily-Bugle.jpg
    Never say never in comics I guess.

Daily-Bugle.jpg
    Isn't that more of a regression at this point though? Jonah and the Bugle haven't been one and the same for close to ten years now in-universe.

Daily-Bugle.jpg
    I'm sure Jonah will be in charge of the Bugle again eventually, since comics.

But I do miss seeing the Bugle and the people there more then we do at the moment. I actually liked Slott finally bringing Peter back to the Bugle but that was, once again, short-lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I going to assume this happens after the events of DD#612 so I'm not sure how long Matt is going to be out. Might just be Peter solo for a while
    Yeah I guess we'll have to wait til at least February to find out Matt's active status

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Daily-Bugle.jpg
    Honestly, I hope not. Both Peter and Jonah have evolved past that, and character regression is the worst thing in comics IMO.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Honestly, I hope not. Both Peter and Jonah have evolved past that, and character regression is the worst thing in comics IMO.
    Amen. It's been 56 years: if Peter can move past the Bugle and be his own man, then so can Jonah.

Once the adoption papers are through, Jonah will start running a small pawn shop with his son Pete, and for Christmas he will gift him a microscope.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Amen. It's been 56 years: if Peter can move past the Bugle and be his own man, then so can Jonah.
    The Bugle is like the heart and soul of J. Jonah Jameson. I can't see him ever truly moving on from it.

(And has Peter really moved past the Bugle? He hasn't been able to keep a job as long as he's worked at the Bugle. He was working there again only a few months ago).

I really do miss just seeing the Bugle gang on a frequent basis. We get that less and less these days. Robbie's lucky to even merit a mention, let alone seeing the light of day in an adaption.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Bugle is like the heart and soul of J. Jonah Jameson. I can't see him ever truly moving on from it.

(And has Peter really moved past the Bugle? He hasn't been able to keep a job as long as he's worked at the Bugle. He was working there again only a few months ago).

I really do miss just seeing the Bugle gang on a frequent basis. We get that less and less these days. Robbie's lucky to even merit a mention, let alone seeing the light of day in an adaption.
    I mean, I get that. But it feels more of the same. I love Robbie, Betty, Ben, and all of them, but it's a little different now rather than before. Having them be a part of the Spider-Man books is charming, but having both Peter and Jonah still there after 56 years seems like too much regression is far more than both men at this point. Even the PS4 game had neither at the Bugle, and that informed Jonah's new job here.

And yes, Peter (and Nick Spencer for that matter) seems to have moved on from the Bugle. Even if he had the Science editor job, which I actually liked, he's not the same character that he was then.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I mean, I get that. But it feels more of the same. I love Robbie, Betty, Ben, and all of them, but it's a little different now rather than before. Having them be a part of the Spider-Man books is charming, but having both Peter and Jonah still there after 56 years seems like too much regression is far more than both men at this point.
    I just don't really see the Bugle as a regression for Jonah. His identity and character is too rooted in the Bugle in my opinion, and it was a position of power and conflict that I think defines a lot of who he is.
    Even the PS4 game had neither at the Bugle, and that informed Jonah's new job here.
    But they did have Lois Jane in there to give the Bugle at least some presence, though poor Robbie was still just reduced to a name-drop.
    And yes, Peter (and Nick Spencer for that matter) seems to have moved on from the Bugle. Even if he had the Science editor job, which I actually liked, he's not the same character that he was then.
    I don't think he's all that different from when he last worked there characterization-wise. He took a nosedive in maturity post-OMD but Spencer seems to be fixing that.

But, really, what job can Peter have at this point? He's basically been blacklisted or discredited from everything. He can't seem to keep a job for as long as when he was a photographer.

I just kinda miss the Daily Bugle as being that one thing that grounded all the silliness

Peter Parker being cloned 37 times , Peter Parker in outer space , Peter Parker in different dimensions , Peter Parker staring in Freaky Friday with Doc Ock , etc, etc , etc

And the Bugle was always a great way to introduce new character , who then can go one to create new story arcs ,
    Last edited by Iowa; 12-11-2018 at 09:08 PM.
    Wherever I Go , The Wind Follows...............................And The Wind , It Smells Like Rain

Nick is going to Bugle eventually. He talked about how great it was, is always drinking the most rich and healthy continuity juice, and has Randy, Jonah, and the hanging Ned thread to segue into it.

Have faith in the Lord, for he shall always deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just don't really see the Bugle as a regression for Jonah. His identity and character is too rooted in the Bugle in my opinion, and it was a position of power and conflict that I think defines a lot of who he is.

But they did have Lois Jane in there to give the Bugle at least some presence, though poor Robbie was still just reduced to a name-drop.

I don't think he's all that different from when he last worked there characterization-wise. He took a nosedive in maturity post-OMD but Spencer seems to be fixing that.

But, really, what job can Peter have at this point? He's basically been blacklisted or discredited from everything. He can't seem to keep a job for as long as when he was a photographer.
    If that's the way you see it, that's fine. But really at this point, it doesn't ultimately matter. Peter can have whatever job Spencer wants to give him. Or the next writer. Things change in comics, and they stay as well.

I'm not saying I don't want the Bugle...again...but it's going backwards when everyone wants to go forward. Or is it backwards?? Or forwards? If people can't make up their mind, then what's the point??