Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Are you sure it is colonialism. Quite a large number of Hispanic and Blacks are Christians. Hispanics are catholics, Blacks are Pentecostals. The bible has strong views of Homosexuality that most non Christians and liberals usually say is homophobic.
    Machismo is embedded heavily in many Hispanic cultures. By its nature it's not homosexual friendly.

Are you sure it is colonialism. Quite a large number of Hispanic and Blacks are Christians. Hispanics are catholics, Blacks are Pentecostals. The bible has strong views of Homosexuality that most non Christians and liberals usually say is homophobic.
    now how do you suppose that Africans became Christians?
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 12-11-2018 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    now how do you supposed that Africans became Christians?
    Many Africans were introduced to Christianity because of white British and American missionaries that sailed to Africa to preach the gospel.

Many African Americans in America found Christianity as a way to deal with racial oppression and jim crow laws they faced after slavery was abolished. The black church is symbolic in African American history for an important reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Machismo is embedded heavily in many Hispanic cultures. By its nature it's not homosexual friendly.
    could it have been a holdover from the days of the conquistadors? the mayans certainly weren't against homosexuality.

i guess my issue is that it's often said that latino and black people are culturally insensitive to homosexuality. but that ignores historical influences. their cultures were warped by outsiders. i'm trying to give context to Kevin Hart's repugnant beliefs the same way that people on these boards often defend older white people's racism ("it's just how things were back then"). and it just feels weird to see Kevin Hart singled out when Hollywood had been silent on so many other issues i.e. pedophilia and sexual harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i guess my issue is that it's often said that latino and black people are culturally insensitive to homosexuality. but that ignores historical influences. their cultures were warped by outsiders. i'm trying to give context to Kevin Hart's repugnant beliefs the same way that people on these boards often defend older white people's racism ("it's just how things were back then"). and it just feels weird to see Kevin Hart singled out when Hollywood had been silent on so many other issues i.e. pedophilia and sexual harassment.
    Do you think it is possible for people to have different views on homosexuality and not be homophobic or do you think they are one and the same to an extent. I have heard many say they don't hate or fear gay people they disagree with them on the topics of romantic love and sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Luckily, no one is talking about creating such a world.
    Talking about it, maybe not. But it sure seems like some people would like to implement it. They would frame it all pretty though.

Many Africans were introduced to Christianity because of white British and American missionaries that sailed to Africa to preach the gospel.
    Slaves were instructed to a rudimentary degree in Christianity, with emphasis on the responsibilities of slaves.

Do you think it is possible for people to have different views on homosexuality and not be homophobic or do you think they are one and the same to an extent. I have heard many say they don't hate or fear gay people they disagree with them on the topics of romantic love and sexuality.
    And racists often say they don't hate anyone, but in their very next breath, they show just how racist they are.