Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I know the formula. I knew the end trailer laugh was coming, but that damn Paul Rudd still got a smile out of me.
    #shame. hahaha
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Paul Rudd has a serious knack for doing that. Gotta love him.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I would guess a timeskip happens at some point during the movie and everything in the trailer is from the first hour (of three).
    I honestly thing the movie goes

Scene with Tony in the trailer

Avengers: Endgame title sequence

Than the movie starts with some sort of timeskip

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I honestly thing the movie goes

Scene with Tony in the trailer

Avengers: Endgame title sequence

Than the movie starts with some sort of timeskip
    But those other scenes were also from pre-timejump. I think digifiend is right. Perhaps not the entire first act but not the beginning imo

New episode of Marvel’s Mightiest Podcast just posted! My reaction to the #AvengersEndgame trailer https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...445355087?mt=2
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Nebula, probably.
    Nebula is with him,She taps him on the shoulder in the trailer

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Question I have now

Who is rescues Tony from Space? I mean all the GoG are dead except Rocket.The only person I can think about is Captain Marvel
    Probably Carol. Or maybe Pepper as Rescue.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    But those other scenes were also from pre-timejump. I think digifiend is right. Perhaps not the entire first act but not the beginning imo
    Depends how they do it and how big the time skip is.

AHAHAHA!! Over in the MCU thread I was saying I didn't want this trailer to give us anything at all, just absolutely nothing, and we almost got exactly that! I love it!

Marvel knows they have us over a barrel; the whole gods damn world is turning out for this movie no matter what. There's no need to impress us or get our attention, and I hope they keep the advertising low-key like this through the whole marketing stage. Keep us in the dark as much as you possibly can, Marvel!

I mean, this was just a teaser, those almost never give very much away, especially for a film with high confidence like this. The first full length trailer will probably spoil some things but I really dont think Marvel needs to; they've already got our money.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Part of me is thinking about not watching any of the other longer trailers and go in more blind, though given that they’re going to have them inevitably in front of other movies or before YouTube videos that’s probably a lost cause, lol.

I know everyone predicts Cap and/or Tony die, but I think either would be an enormous mistake. First priority should be to hang onto the actors. Second, use the characters less, but leave the door open by keeping them alive and active. Then there’s recasting. All preferable options to killing them off and/or having other characters take over their identities. I love Bucky, but neither he or anybody else that is not Steve Rogers should be Captain America.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 12-07-2018 at 09:21 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I know everyone predicts Cap and/or Tony die, but I think either would be an enormous mistake. First priority should be to hang onto the actors. Second, use the characters less, but leave the door open by keeping them alive and active. Then there’s recasting. All preferable options to killing them off and/or having other characters take over their identities. I love Bucky, but neither he or anybody else that is not Steve Rogers should be Caotain America.
    I mean killing Cap to bring him back later would be pretty cool

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I know everyone predicts Cap and/or Tony die, but I think either would be an enormous mistake. First priority should be to hang onto the actors. Second, use the characters less, but leave the door open by keeping them alive and active. Then there’s recasting. All preferable options to killing them off and/or having other characters take over their identities. I love Bucky, but neither he or anybody else that is not Steve Rogers should be Captain America.
    Quoted for 100% truth.

Permanently killing them off will just kill off a ton of interest. Folks know and want RDJ as Iron Man and Chris Evans as Captain America.

Besides, I don't personally buy into the school of thought that the heroes journey must end in death. There's still tons more stories to tell with these characters.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Marvel has been all about legacy and passing on the torch with Phase 3, so I honestly think that we can expect Spider-Man to be Tony’s successor at least. Cap is a little more debatable given the planned Falcon and Winter Soldier Series on Disney+, unless that’s intended to be set after End Game and be a ‘Who Will Wield The Shield?’ leadin for a future Captain America movie with one of them taking the mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Marvel has been all about legacy and passing on the torch with Phase 3, so I honestly think that we can expect Spider-Man to be Tony’s successor at least. Cap is a little more debatable given the planned Falcon and Winter Soldier Series on Disney+, unless that’s intended to be set after End Game and be a ‘Who Will Wield The Shield?’ leadin for a future Captain America movie with one of them taking the mantle.
    I’ve never liked the idea that an independent character ought to take the mantle of another. It reduces their value beforehand and afterward by making them the second version. Falcon was the first Falcon. An original superhero. Making him Cap #6 just demoted his prior character. Same can be said with Carol Danvers. She was the first Ms. Marvel. Now she is like the 8th Captain Marvel. It devalues who she was before and steals credit from characters that started out with the identity.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!