All-New Member

Default saga lot, should I keep it?

Hey guys I am new here. Tell.me if I can't post this kind of topic.

Anyway, I have a comic lot of saga all are first print and I nees your honest opinion. Should I sell it? Will thw value increase in time?

Thanks

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

i always say - sell them if you want $. Keep them if you ever want to read them again or if the collection has any sentimental value to you.

It's that simple.

I could've sold my Saga #1 for $100 a year ago (or whenever it was going that high). But it's sentimental value is more to me than that. Now if it were like $1,000...

As for value over time, I'm not sure. If I knew the future, I probably would be quite rich.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Extraordinary Member

Keep it dude.

Quote Originally Posted by comicarsenal View Post

Anyway, I have a comic lot of saga all are first print and I nees your honest opinion. Should I sell it? Will thw value increase in time?

Thanks
    At least wait until Saga gets optioned for a TV show or film.

I'd hold on to it. I don't think this is a flash in the pan and interest dies out in a year. I think people will be Saga fans for a while and this thing is still selling big.

Plus, there's the whole, "Might get optioned for a tv show or film" thing, too.

Quote Originally Posted by comicarsenal View Post

Thanks
    I think keep it. Although Vaughan and Staples have said they don't want Saga to be made into a TV show or movie, the price of the comics will still increase over the years! It's selling amazingly and people will want to be grabbing up old issues for their own sentimental value. For example, I jumped onto the Saga bandwagon relatively late, and now I'm buying old issues from ebay or any back issues that my local store put out on the floor, and this is because I really enjoy it, and although the trades are great, I really want the individual issues (probably due to the amazing cover art by Staples....).

Plus, you never know, Saga could be considered such a classic series in years to come, you could get serious buck for it. Saw a Walking Dead #1 sell for £1.2k a few days ago, crazy money!

All-New Member

Thanks a lot guys! This helps me a lot and I decided that I will keep it.

Out of topic
    I accidentally pressed a part of it while putting it in a new bag... I think some value was lost.
    Well I don't know how to put a bigger image lol

Thanks guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where exactly do you go to check up on how much comics are worth?
    I've got some old comics in my collection.
    I've actually never thought of selling off my comics, but as i read through this thread... I thought it would be interesting to AT LEAST know how much some of my comics are worth.

I always head to ebay to check the value of my comics. It gives a nice ballpark figure.
    Current Pulls for DC/Vertigo: Batman, Justice League
    Image: Manifest Destiny, East of West, Low, The Wicked & The Divine, Injection, Tokyo Ghost
    Valiant: Harbinger/Imperium
    Other: Letter 44, Lady Mechanika, Tarot

alright thanks!