Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Why hasn’t other heroes caught up to the events of Doomsday Clock yet and done something to fix it ?
    DClock takes place months in the futre and hasn't occurred yet in the other books. I suspect everything will be caught up by the last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    In other words: Can the DCU timeline be restored to its former glory or will Doomsday Clock end with an altered timeline, that is both new and familiar ?
    "Former glory" is up to interpretation. Some of us might like it; others may not. But I'm pretty sure the story's ending with a combination of familiar and tweaked. It's been decades since any comic book having a longer time change story has reverted totally back to the way things were. There's always been some sort of change.

I'm speculating (a fancier word than guessing) that most of the changes planned are happening in individual books like with the Superman stuff. Hopefully the ending of DClock will provide something explaining a blanket effect even if details are left to other series.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the Three Jokers thing is going to get resolved in it's own book at the very least.
    I wonder what's going on with that, last I heard it was supposed to come out at the end of this year but then nothing. I wonder if he decided to wait for Doomsday Clock to finish first, or if its gotten pushed back due to Batman: Damned's delays.

I met Jason Fabok at a con back in September and he mentioned that he didn't know exactly when it would come out, but also mentioned Johns has been very busy juggling a bunch of projects so that may also be a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I don’t expect the Mr. Oz or Three Jokers issues to be addressed by Doomsday Clock (though I may be wrong about the first one, given the building Manhattan vs. Superman confrontation); but the way the story has been developing, I’m 99% sure that it will resolve the JSA and LSH issues.
    I refuse to have that much confidence in DiDio and DC these days.

I have no confidence in Didio; it's Johns that I'm putting my trust in. Like I said elsewhere, I'm fearful of what will happen to the JSA after Doomsday Clock; but I have very little doubt about how Doomsday Clock itself will end in this respect.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

It seems that whatever goal Rebirth was going for has been abandoned. Do people agree with this?

And if so, why do you think that happened? Is it because of Geoff John's change in his role? That seems like the only logical explanation to me.

And lastly, why do people keep mentioning the three jokers story? That happened before Rebirth in The Darkseid War, so I wouldn't expect it to get resolved by Rebirth.

Also for those asking about it's release, this is what Fabok said about it "he's almost done with the 1st issue of the 3 jokers book, however DC wants him to finish 2 of them first before releasing the 1st issue. He said it could be February or March before the 1st issue releases.". That's from this reddit thread.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    DClock takes place months in the futre and hasn't occurred yet in the other books. I suspect everything will be caught up by the last issue.

"Former glory" is up to interpretation. Some of us might like it; others may not. But I'm pretty sure the story's ending with a combination of familiar and tweaked. It's been decades since any comic book having a longer time change story has reverted totally back to the way things were. There's always been some sort of change.

I'm speculating (a fancier word than guessing) that most of the changes planned are happening in individual books like with the Superman stuff. Hopefully the ending of DClock will provide something explaining a blanket effect even if details are left to other series.
    DC needs to stop doing things halfway, as things are Doomsday Clock's resolution will probably lead to another semi-reboot like Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Geoff Johns' ego?

That's a possible outcome I'm definitely worried may happen, and part of why I refused to buy any issues of Doomsday Cluck so far.
    Why invest in something that may not have the specific pay-off that I want?

(I already got burned badly by "The Button"!)
    Yeah I know it's dumb but that's how comic stories are told now. Come read this story so you can spin-off into other books you wouldn't normally read or want.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Yeah I know it's dumb but that's how comic stories are told now. Come read this story so you can spin-off into other books you wouldn't normally read or want.
    Which is probably why I only buy a few new comic books each month. (For November, it was a total of six new comic books, and three of those were limited series. Three books were from DC, two from Dark Horse, and one from Dynamite.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Which is probably why I only buy a few new comic books each month. (For November, it was a total of six new comic books, and three of those were limited series. Three books were from DC, two from Dark Horse, and one from Dynamite.)
    You're still buying more than I am. Right now, my entire pull list is Supersons, Doomsday Clock, and Shazam.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

You're still buying more than I am. Right now, my entire pull list is Supersons, Doomsday Clock, and Shazam.
    None of which I'm buying.

I don’t expect the Mr. Oz or Three Jokers issues to be addressed by Doomsday Clock (though I may be wrong about the first one, given the building Manhattan vs. Superman confrontation); but the way the story has been developing, I’m 99% sure that it will resolve the JSA and LSH issues.
    There certainly are JSA issues. However, there really aren't any LSH issues. They haven't vanished excpet for not having a book right now. They've appeared post Flashpoint and the only real question is WTF is Saturn Girl doing in DClock?

Astonishing Member

It's always hit or miss how much will actually get dealt with, broad strokes or otherwise, with this sort of thing.

There's usually some broad strokes that kinda almost sorta cover everything if you stretch it. There's usually also a lot of specific story beats that don't get fully fleshed out unless a write,r really, really, really wants to.

I could see Manhattan saving Jor-El as being reduced almost to the point of just like ... Superboy-Prime punching being part of why Jason is back, or something. Something insignificant. But there's also definitely this theme of "Fathers" going on with OZ Jor-El and Flashpoint Batman and stuff going on that certainly at least COULD have something going for it. Like we've all (meta) known that the DCU heroes have all these daddy issues, and Johns really rode hard into the whole 'daddy issues' iconography himself, over the years. But a lot of his Rebirth work has seemed to actually address or point out those historical trends, so it's possible that it's ingrained in the story.

Or not. I never count on a totally clever plot point to actually make sense of things. But it'd be nice!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Has Doomsday Clock answered any of Rebirth questions?

In a word:

NO.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Has Doomsday Clock answered any of Rebirth questions?

In a word:

NO.
    And then again, we're only ⅔ done with the series (assuming they don't change the length of it) and possibly 6-7 months away from issue #12.

It would not surprise me at all if Johns thought up and introduced into the books the concepts of Three Jokers, Dr. Manhattan being the blue hand behind the DC universe, and Mr. Oz with no earthly idea where he intended on going with any of it.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/