Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Batman Arkham : Court of Owls .

It appears the next Arkham game is finally coming after 4+ years of waiting. WB Montreal was supposedly working on a mysterious game and it seems that with tweets and hints ...its gonna be involving Batman facing the Court of Owls. The game from what is being rumored will be like Origins and be set back in the early days when Bruce Wayne is Batman.

https://screenrant.com/batman-court-owls-game/

But the wait seems to be nearing an end and we will finally get the next Batman game. I personally can't wait and hopefully the Batmobile part is slimmed down. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This is a curious decision. I assumed that if the Arkhamverse was ever revisited it would be post Arkham Knight but I guess that Batman, Bruce, is profitable to put down. I just hope that this game isn't an excuse to squeeze Joker back in like Origins was.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Worryingly this seems to connect with rumours that this is gonna be a multiplayer focused game rather than single player, which I really hope is not true...

Im hoping Hush is the main villian instead of the Joker. Having Hush trying to work his way up the ladder is a great way to flesh out the Court.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Im hoping Hush is the main villian instead of the Joker. Having Hush trying to work his way up the ladder is a great way to flesh out the Court.
    If it's gonna be another prequel, then Hush can't be in since in the Arkham continuity, Batman first meets him in Arkham City.

One rumor weeks ago was WB was gonna do a GTA model where they'd constantly do a world evolving type deal where it would constantly be updated after the game ends. Like instead of a set amount of DLC ....the game every few months would ala GTA have new missions etc for you to do and keep going. That it would be a huge model to push.

But with this being a prequel I doubt this happens.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    One rumor weeks ago was WB was gonna do a GTA model where they'd constantly do a world evolving type deal where it would constantly be updated after the game ends. Like instead of a set amount of DLC ....the game every few months would ala GTA have new missions etc for you to do and keep going. That it would be a huge model to push.

But with this being a prequel I doubt this happens.
    GTA doesn't even work that way. All the new content the game gets is for online.

If it was predominantly single player and had a live service in the way Assassin’s Creed Odyssey does with the multi part stories and the free content that would work. Otherwise I would be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    GTA doesn't even work that way. All the new content the game gets is for online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    If it was predominantly single player and had a live service in the way Assassin’s Creed Odyssey does with the multi part stories and the free content that would work. Otherwise I would be cautious.
    I believe this is what I meant in a way . That they wanted to keep the series going with content and city. But it would take a lot of work to do it. I don't think they will do this with a prequel coming.

Now if the Court of Owl from the same developers is absolutely real, here is a list of things I want:

1. Maintain the art style. Arkham Origins has the best art style of all the games, they should keep this style, and improve graphics notably to fit a newer generation of consoles.
    2. Bring Back Roger Craig Smith. Not just for consistency's sake, he is honestly great as the voice of Batman.
    3. Make all Gadgets Available Since the Start in New Game+. Why did they choose to not stay consistent with Rocksteady in keeping all gadgets from the start in New Game+? I want to use the remote-claw and glue grenades earlier in the game, and unlock most comm towers since the start. I can get behind not keeping the electric gloves before the death of Electrocutioner.
    4. Bring back the Batcave. Cause it's an awesome feature, and listening to wisdom's of Alfred in there is charming and great.
    5. Make it Possible to select costumes both in the Batcave and in the Main Menu. Cause why not? It's more fun to be able to start with one suit and switch to another amidst the campaign.
    6. Remove the 'One Night Event' Formula. Realistically speaking, if you want to put effort into making the story credible, you should not make Batman fight and defeat Bane three times in one night, and defeat Killer Croc early that very same night. Even with all the protection he should have shattered knuckles and suffer from extreme fatigue after efforts of that grand scale in similar restricted time frame.
    7. When We Lose, Bring Back the Option to Quit the Game or Retry the Mission. I don't like that Arkham Knight took this little bit of formula from Arkham Origins. It's a bit of extra pointless wait to wait for the loading screen to run its coarse and press on the pause button simply to choose to quit.
    8. NO... JOKER. I understand having him as the true main villain in Arkham Origins, cause he needs his origin, and there is no way the arch nemesis of Batman would be relegated into the benches most of the time while he's available. This story however, can do without his presence.
    9. Do a Better Job at Patching Glitches. Arkham Origins is mostly really good, but bugs hold it back from being the refined greatness. While facing Firefly on the bridge I faced a glitch that completely stopped Batman from moving on the shattered railing, I had to let Garfield kill Batman to be able to retry and move. Imagine if this happened in the 'No Retries' mode, the frustration would have been uncanny. I faced one while restarting a section in the original mode of seeing all enemies in that part of the mission drop into the floor. In the GCPD predator arena I fell into the abyss after restarting.
    10. No Online/Multiplayer/Whatever Mode. Cause it probably helped with the glitches, and I can't play the online mode in Origins due to some annoying problem with the server.
    11. Bring Back Christopher Drake as the Composer. The man's work is awesome, no more needs to be added for this point.
    12. Don't make the Batmobile a War Machine. Arkham Knight is a different story, you need a powerful and highly efficient war machine for that situation. I haven't read any NU52 and newer material for Batman, but I guess that story doesn't involve lots of cars and a city under siege.
    13. Don't Overdo it With Car Chase Sections. As much as I enjoyed those in Arkham Knight, the previous batmobile model wouldn't fit
    14. The Necessary Order to Perform Dark Knight Quests Should Be Dropped. Some people might love it, but it's too tedious to perform multiple tasks for them not to count just cause you performed them in the wrong order, as opposed to how it was designated to be performed.
    15. Some of the Familiar Villains Should Be Ignored in Favor of Other Villains. Much like Joker, characters like Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Victor Zsasz, and Mad Hatter should be sitting on the bench. Penguin has his role as a noble wannabe so he can stay, but his involvement shouldn't be big.
    16. Don't Make Riddler's Dialogue Overly Smug with Limited Entertainment. He's way too smug in Arkham City, and no fun before scaring him in the end of his mission. I wanted to do what some of his hired hand repeated in predator rooms in Riddler's Revenge of going to that patronizing wise-ass and snap his neck like a twig
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Honestly a simple solution to use the Joker and not make him the main villain in the game (yet again) would be to do a Riddler type thing. In fact that is my idea....

- Instead of just Riddler puzzle boxes to solve and the usual (400+) this time there is 250 of them. But here is where things depart from the normal testing Batman's wits deal. This one has Riddler and Joker angry with each other and doing a contest to see who can break Batman 1st or people will die. Joker has Joker boxes that are sorta death traps and over 250 to solve. This will be a bit of a rip on the whole War of Jokes n Riddles arc that ran in a way recently.

Batman will have to save people and stop both. The final number you can solve (not all 500 need solved) is where Riddler and Joker are together and ready for a final big showdown. You end up defeating both at once to end this deal.

- This allows you to use Mark Hamill to do fun Joker lines at times. It also stops him from being the focus. Its a side deal like the Riddler deal. It also keeps people repeating the same Riddler like situation they have done in previous games and has a new deal with this twisted rivalry.

- It also frees up Harley Quinn to either be in the game in a spot or....a paid DLC situation.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Worryingly this seems to connect with rumours that this is gonna be a multiplayer focused game rather than single player, which I really hope is not true...
    Sheesh is nobody learning anything after several flops like Resident Evil and Metal Gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Sheesh is nobody learning anything after several flops like Resident Evil and Metal Gear?
    Unfortunately the success of games like Overwatch, Forenite, PUBG and Destiny means many publishers stupidly assume every game should be the same, especially given it caters to the greed over gameplay mechanics such games employ. Multiplayer sadly now tends to be the focus of games and not the addition.

Man, I was hoping for Rocksteady to do Hush as a way to bring back Batman.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It appears an artist for WB had posted several images of an Arkham Batman facing several Talon's . This wouldn't be news as he posted it to an account to show the images. Well within a few hours he pulled the images off and the rumors are WB asked him to pull them.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/01...k-concept-art/